Quick Questions

Comments

• I'm 100% certain that, as of a few months ago, weaponry had no effect on garrote damage or speed.
  • Antonius said:
    Tecton said:
    Weaponmastery, skirmishing, swashbuckling, and pranks all have the skill level equalisation (where it picks the highest of the class skill and weaponry for determining skill level in attacks).
    Tecton said:
    Sena said:
    Do they all get 10% of the lower skill like weaponmastery does?
    Yes!

Assuming that's an exhaustive list, there's no benefit for anything else.

Oh my, I need to trans weaponry then. 10% is respectable. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Antonius said:
    Tecton said:
    Weaponmastery, skirmishing, swashbuckling, and pranks all have the skill level equalisation (where it picks the highest of the class skill and weaponry for determining skill level in attacks).
    Tecton said:
    Sena said:
    Do they all get 10% of the lower skill like weaponmastery does?
    Yes!

Assuming that's an exhaustive list, there's no benefit for anything else.

Oh my, I need to trans weaponry then. 10% is respectable. 
    @Aerek, he found another damage boost. Hurray!

• Does anyone happen to have the list of weather lines that prepend room descriptions? Such as...

Ship bow.
    The sun shines brightly overhead. More of a one-man-wide platform, the bow is all point and steep vertical drop to the water, with room, of course, for appropriate mastheads, and various cleats and connecting points for guy lines and mooring hawsers. 

Like that line, the sun shines brightly overhead? I know there's a ton, but I'd like to track weather and I think this would be a good option. I intend to collect the weather lines if I have to, but alternatively, is there some kind of secret weather gmcp info I can't see in vlua gmcp?

i'm a rebel

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    There's one for time, I'm surprised there isn't one for weather

• No gmcp for weather. But you also may be interested in the command FORECAST. If you find out when weather changes, this may be enough.
  • edited March 2016
    nevermind, got an answer. Thanks Halos!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2016
    Why was the sip/apply line changed for 1st person? I was going to write a script with it until I noticed that I couldn't see what I was sipping.

ETA: No, I never noticed it because apparently when the change came, I was barely around.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    They changed it when they merged concoctions and transmuting into just 'remedies' and there are now only just elixirs/salves, no tonics/balms. So it was just to get rid of defunct information.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Oh. That's too bad.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Shaman bashing:  swiftcurse bleeds, jinx bleeds, or arius?
  • Rouillier said:
    Shaman bashing:  swiftcurse bleeds, jinx bleeds, or arius?
    Found my answer!
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Is there a level cap for critical hit chance increase? Seem to remember that there was a cap at first, but that it was at some point removed. But I might be wrong. I probably am wrong.

• Caps at 100.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Cynlael said:
    Caps at 100.
    Thanks.

• Cynlael said:
    Caps at 100.
    Pretty sure it's at 99.
  • Trans riding, got a crab and albatross from the wheel. Is there a noticeable difference in the reduction offered by the defence skill between greater warhorse and legendsteed?
  • It depends on the mount's numerical level, not the type of mount. It's possible for a legend steed to be a lower level (and thus give less benefit) than a light horse.
  • Sena said:
    It depends on the mount's numerical level, not the type of mount. It's possible for a legend steed to be a lower level (and thus give less benefit) than a light horse.
    As a follow up question to that, how do you determine a mounts numerical level?
  • Check stat stats, kill it (or another mount of the same type), check stat stats again. Compare your total slain denizen levels, see how much it increased.
  • Eld said:
    Cynlael said:
    Caps at 100.
    Pretty sure it's at 99.
    Every other game caps at 100. Barring MKO, all the IRE games follow the same formula for everything else (aside from Lusternia recently now, too) - Figured critical strike would be the same. The difference is minimal anyway between 99-100.

• Being artied myself and watching Seragorn and Jhui hunt I've questioned if there is a cap at all.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • regarding the new, at least new to me, liquid rift thingy.  I saw somewhere that it links with the vial you fill from the rift, so do I only need like 1 vial now instead of 20 for health?
  • Correct. Though two per isn't a bad idea, as you can be forced to do stuff regarding liquid rift shenanigans. (dunno if it was a bug that got fixed, but yeah)

• @Brean Depends. The rift is pretty limited in the number of sips it can hold (2000 for health and mana, 10 regular vials worth), so if you want to be able to hunt for long periods without interruptions then you'll want more than one. If you have Remedies as a tradeskill you can probably live with just one though.
  • Cynlael said:
    Correct. Though two per isn't a bad idea, as you can be forced to do stuff regarding liquid rift shenanigans. (dunno if it was a bug that got fixed, but yeah)
    Antonius said:
    @Brean Depends. The rift is pretty limited in the number of sips it can hold (2000 for health and mana, 10 regular vials worth), so if you want to be able to hunt for long periods without interruptions then you'll want more than one. If you have Remedies as a tradeskill you can probably live with just one though.
    Ok thanks guys, 2000 isn't very much but I don't think I hunt for long enough to exhaust that and I didn't think about forcing being an issue.  I'll think I'll still carry some spares.
  • I have over 100 vials of health because when I hunt, I hunt for a long time. I personally find it kinda therapeutic, like being in the shower, where your brain gets to go into the background, and work on other things.
  • Man if bashing was as relaxing as a shower I'd bash all the time, I just find it horrible
  • It isn't as relaxing, it is just engaging enough that your brain is focused, but not too taxing that it can't work on things in the background. It's awesome, and pretty much all of my coding epiphanies have happened while bashing.