Quick Questions

Comments

• IRE exp scaling is :(
    58-59 = 1,143,807             59-60 = 1,258,188
    78-79 = 20,000,000           79-80 = 30,000,000
    88-89 = 75,000,000           89-90 = 80,000,000
    98-99 = 125,000,000         99-100 = 330,000,000

For extra fun, Seragorn/Penwize's levels.
    Seragorn: 128-129 = 1,358,322,400
    Penwize:  137-138 = 2,107,203,300

• Cynlael said:
    For extra fun, Seragorn/Penwize's levels.
    Seragorn: 128-129 = 1,358,322,400
    Penwize:  137-138 = 2,107,203,300
    There's apparently a massive jump at 133, so the numbers for Penwize are likely at least 50x that, and I don't have any confidence that Achaea matches the other games' xp values above 100.
  • MKO's the only IRE game that breaks the formula, but that is also a monumentally different game to other IRE ones, so... It's pretty accurate, going by what Penwize has said with how long it takes him to get exp.

• From what I've measured, 137-138 is about 3x the xp needed to go from 127-128.  Tecton put in a big jump to the scaling at 133 when I broke leveling the last time.  Obviously, I can't get hard number and my measurements are somewhat inaccurate due to innersight only having tenths instead of hundredths, but that's what I've gathered.
  • Speaking of exp, does anyone have any idea what level I'd be now if I didn't lose 108.3 levels? I'm currently level 108.6 :)

In terms of raw numbers, kinda hard to factor in variables like a lowered critical rate from 1 to 99.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Speaking of exp, does anyone have any idea what level I'd be now if I didn't lose 108.3 levels? I'm currently level 108.6 :)

In terms of raw numbers, kinda hard to factor in variables like a lowered critical rate from 1 to 99.
    do I even want to ask?

• Szanthax said:
    Speaking of exp, does anyone have any idea what level I'd be now if I didn't lose 108.3 levels? I'm currently level 108.6 :)

do I even want to ask?

IF YOU'RE THINKIN' BOUT MY BABY, IT DON'T MATTER IF YOU'RE BLACK OR WHITE (or Asian)

• edited February 2016
    Speaking of exp, does anyone have any idea what level I'd be now if I didn't lose 108.3 levels? I'm currently level 108.6 :)

Still not top 10. Probably around 112-113, maybe 114.Penwize said:
    From what I've measured, 137-138 is about 3x the xp needed to go from 127-128.  Tecton put in a big jump to the scaling at 133 when I broke leveling the last time.  Obviously, I can't get hard number and my measurements are somewhat inaccurate due to innersight only having tenths instead of hundredths, but that's what I've gathered.
    Clearly it's time we make innersight's current functionality baseline like all other games, and make innersight show up to thousandths! That should be a good way to make all the much higher people go insane :pleased: 

@Tecton pls

• I actually had a classlead last year that got approved to add more detail to innersight, but it never got implemented.  Not really sure why.
  • Which city should I join if I want to get into PvP from a fairly basic level?
  • Sanna said:
    Which city should I join if I want to get into PvP from a fairly basic level?
    Any city. Hashan is up an coming now though, with a great attitude.
  • edited February 2016
    Sanna said:
    Hashan for casual pvp, Targ and Mhaldor for the more combat focused. The Village People are great for combat too. (of all my bounties, 100% of village people were happy to duke it out) Edit - Shows how things change over time, I didn't even think about Ashtan but they have some very good fighters too

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Cynlael said:

Still not top 10. Probably around 112-113, maybe 114.Penwize said:
    From what I've measured, 137-138 is about 3x the xp needed to go from 127-128.  Tecton put in a big jump to the scaling at 133 when I broke leveling the last time.  Obviously, I can't get hard number and my measurements are somewhat inaccurate due to innersight only having tenths instead of hundredths, but that's what I've gathered.
    Clearly it's time we make innersight's current functionality baseline like all other games, and make innersight show up to thousandths! That should be a good way to make all the much higher people go insane :pleased: 

@Tecton pls
    I was hoping for raw data with numbers(assuming an exp table exists) not an extrapolated guess.

Has anyone compiled such a thing?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Sanna said:
    Cyrene, Shield.
  • 2h Satyr Runewarden with no Str arties. Would you go for a lvl 3 Sword or hammer?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Swords are cooler than hammers :proud:  

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited February 2016
    Sanna said:
    Mhaldor, Targossas, Eleusis all participate in fairly heavy PvP; I'm sure they would still be glad to have you even if your ability was only "basic", just know that it has a more regular and mandatory component to it. Ashtan, Hashan, Cyrene allow more casual toe-dipping into the subject, with Hashan currently engaging in more group combat (read: other factions actually attack it) were Cyrene's neutrality lends itself more to the casual 1v1 fighter. Ashtan has some immensely knowledgeable fighters and is known for a mix of 1v1-interested fighters and small-group-based combat, but it's going through some growing pains, and I don't know how active those sects of the population are anymore.

Naturally, I'm biased, but in the Vashnarian Shield I've watched some very non-combatant players become rather respectable 1v1 fighters under the carefully crafted curriculum we've written and under watch of the growing number of combat-savvy members in the House.

Sobriquet said:
    2h Satyr Runewarden with no Str arties. Would you go for a lvl 3 Sword or hammer?

L3 Sword is much stronger that L3 hammer, in my opinion. The damage boost is large, and the speed gets about as fast as a forged hammer, and you still get the venom. L3 hammer is fast and hurts some, but hammers' big advantage is just that they break quicker, (3-4 hits on most of the population) and that break speed doesn't really change much from L0-L3 weapons, so I don't think it's worth the cost. Having an L3 sword and just keeping a forged hammer around for quick breaks when needed is a good setup.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • There is no mandatory component to pvp in any of the cities, I dunno why you'd say that. It might be more or less encouraged/rewarded, but definitely not mandatory.

Hashan gets attacked a lot but you're basically never going to go on the offense. Of course, defense is much better for learning, since you lose no xp. On the other spectrum, Mhaldor attacks a lot, but is very rarely on the defensive.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Tecton any reason for the change in when the Gem of Transmutation cooldown reset? Just curious.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Weaponry increases damage and speed for some classes right? I was reading back through this thread and saw that it works with Swashbuckling, Weaponmastery, Skirmishing, and Pranks?
    Ahmet said:
    @Tecton any reason for the change in when the Gem of Transmutation cooldown reset? Just curious.
    Nevermind, I might be crazy. Ignore me.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Ahmet said:
    Ahmet said:
    Nothing changed there!
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Ahmet said:
    Nothing changed there!
    Ya for some reason I thought it reset on the serenade but I found some old notes that confirmed it was the first of the month. Idk why.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Worves said:
    Weaponry increases damage and speed for some classes right? I was reading back through this thread and saw that it works with Swashbuckling, Weaponmastery, Skirmishing, and Pranks?
    Don't think so. You are getting the max once you trans your class skills, shouldn't be affected by weaponry. But can someone confirm?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    For some weapon-using classes, it will look at the higher of your weaponry or class skill. If you're transcendent weaponry and, say, adept skirmishing, it will attack with the accuracy (and other modifiers) as if you were transcendent skirmishing.
  • edited February 2016
    Weaponry gives you a 10% boost to old chivalry and probably weaponmastery at the least, but I don't remember what other abilities it does that for.
  • Tecton said:
    For some weapon-using classes, it will look at the higher of your weaponry or class skill. If you're transcendent weaponry and, say, adept skirmishing, it will attack with the accuracy (and other modifiers) as if you were transcendent skirmishing.
    So does this mean it doesn't still give the boost, Kiet mentioned? @Tecton
  • To clear it up, here are previous comments by Tecton on the matter: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/277254/#Comment_277254

So it will use the highest of the two at 100% effectiveness, plus 10% of the lower.
    Dochitha said:
    Worves said:
    Weaponry increases damage and speed for some classes right? I was reading back through this thread and saw that it works with Swashbuckling, Weaponmastery, Skirmishing, and Pranks?
    Don't think so. You are getting the max once you trans your class skills, shouldn't be affected by weaponry. But can someone confirm?
    Someone send up the @Sena signal. I recall something about weaponry affecting garrote, but I don't know how accurate or up to date that is.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Tecton said:
    Weaponmastery, skirmishing, swashbuckling, and pranks all have the skill level equalisation (where it picks the highest of the class skill and weaponry for determining skill level in attacks).
    Tecton said:
    Sena said:
    Do they all get 10% of the lower skill like weaponmastery does?
    Yes!

Assuming that's an exhaustive list, there's no benefit for anything else.