Quick Questions

Comments

• Woot!

Much happy.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Do any of you monks notice that when hunting, sometimes a combo won't generate rage? It mostly happens to me when I hit a lag spike. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Not a Monk, but I have noticed attacks not always generating rage if there's (server side?) lag involved.
  • I'm starting to get a little bored and am wondering if there are any large chat clans active.  Preferably Mhaldor-oriented or truly neutral.  My interests include drawing, politics, playing the ukulele :+1: 
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"

• Melodie said:

Sure why not!
    Wow.
  • Peregrino said:
    I'm starting to get a little bored and am wondering if there are any large chat clans active.  Preferably Mhaldor-oriented or truly neutral.  My interests include drawing, politics, playing the ukulele :+1: 
    The best clan that will make you suffer is TMC. 
  • Alternatively: don't get tainted by the plague that is known as 'OOC clans' and go around interacting with people you might not normally talk to ICly.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    Alternatively: don't get tainted by the plague that is known as 'OOC clans' and go around interacting with people you might not normally talk to ICly.
    OOC clans kinda suck. I was enemied to one on an alt and they were like oh theres no way to get unenemied and that pissed me off to no end. OOC clans shouldn't be allowed access to IC commands like enemying.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Melodie said:

Sure why not!
    I actually laughed so hard that you still have this. You just made my day. <3
    'Its leviosa no levisar'
    ahaha
  • Ahmet said:
    Cynlael said:
    Alternatively: don't get tainted by the plague that is known as 'OOC clans' and go around interacting with people you might not normally talk to ICly.
    OOC clans kinda suck. I was enemied to one on an alt and they were like oh theres no way to get unenemied and that pissed me off to no end. OOC clans shouldn't be allowed access to IC commands like enemying.
    OOC clans enemying you is effectively a useless gesture. There is little to no reason to care. I don't think I've ever seen anything come out of something like that, not even shop pricing policies.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Aquil said:
    Melodie said:
    (Big pic)
    I actually laughed so hard that you still have this. You just made my day. <3
    'Its leviosa no levisar'
    ahaha
    I have it on my favorites because it always cheers me up! Also because you never know when you need it. :sunglasses: 

That single line is the best part about it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    Ahmet said:
    Cynlael said:
    OOC clans enemying you is effectively a useless gesture. There is little to no reason to care. I don't think I've ever seen anything come out of something like that, not even shop pricing policies.
    Ya, it just pissed me off that for so long they were my only enemy status.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Dochitha said:
    Peregrino said:
    I'm starting to get a little bored and am wondering if there are any large chat clans active.  Preferably Mhaldor-oriented or truly neutral.  My interests include drawing, politics, playing the ukulele :+1: 
    The best clan that will make you suffer is TMC. 
    I would actually avoid TMC for the time being, at least until you get more settled into the game. While it can be fun at times, it also has a tendency to be an extremely poisonous - lots of arguing goes on between factions there. Definitely not recommended for someone who's even remotely new to Achaea, imo.

• Not recommended at all unless you like watching drama/fights tbh
  • TMC stands for "the most cancer"

When a clan is so awful that "I" have to quit in disgust, there is something tragically, terribly wrong.

• TMC was the e-peen measuring club. No flipping thanks.

• Most of those people are gone (basically Jinsun, Proficy is still around though).

• I'm looking for entertainment, nothing anyone has written so far sounds like a reason to avoid them.
  • So uh.

To questions, yeah?

So, the house hunting scroll I have is.. relatively useless because they were made pre-BR stuff.  It's kind of hellish to go hunting because, lo and behold, hunting manara out gives more XP/Easier Kills/and less pain than hunting stuff that's (supposedly) my level.  Sure it takes 4-5 gnolls to get 1%, but it takes about 9-10 successful combos without crits to kill em.  Am I just doing something horrendously wrong as a monk or is it just that we kind of suck for tanking stuff PVE?  I get a ton more experience whenever I'm usually running with a party (generally a rune warden) because they outdamage me to keep the aggro.. and somehow manage to live longer than me.

It's a tad infuriating.

Level 75 Monk, Trans Tekura, Kaido to pre-Kai stuff.
  • You can use transmute and numbing to mitigate the leather armour. You can get runes to give you buffs. At those levels you should comfortably be able to do more than Manara.

I would suggest checking out the Goblin Village, Upper Azdun, Kasmarkin and Creville
  • edited February 2016
    I can!  I can hunt Ancient Wyrms, most of Dun Swamp (barring the Spinorthos and Warthog unless I play real careful), upper levels of Azdun, Creville up to the horkvali... The issue is that it isn't as 'efficient'.  Sure, I could kill a wyrm.. but I do 2-3% per hit without crits... and it gives me 1% if that.  So an average of about 20-33 combos depending on my luck.. In that time I could get about as much gold and experience (with less chance of death) from killing Gnolls.
  • I think you should properly track your xp over the course of a few hours doing both, find out which is actually the most beneficial.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Monk used to be one of the premier bashing classes (along with Sylvan) but it kinda took a hit when they made changes to PVE damage to standardise it.  Some classes still need balancing as a result (RIP BM). Transmute is definitely a godsend though. 

The mid 70s and the whole of the 80s are probably the worst levelling hurdles to cross, you gotta keep telling yourself that it's only gonna get worse until it gets better. 

My recommendation to you is to not look at exp for those levels and make monetary goals instead. A rising bank account is far more motivation than watching the tediously slow increase of 0.1%...0.2%... 

I didn't do anything I wasn't comfortable with for my bash to dragon. No Vertani, no Ursu/Taryen, no UW or Annwyn unless I happened to be following someone (which was almost never during those final turns). Death is far more frustrating than safe and steady progress. 

• Remember def stacking Sylvan and taking 50 damage an attack from taug? Pepperidge farm remembers.

• Part of the problem is that Manara is just really good (in terms of both experience and the availability of denizens), even when you're very overlevelled for it. Most places suitable for a level <80 monk won't really compare. As long as you aren't running out of things to hunt in Manara I wouldn't worry about it too much. If Manara is empty though, the places I'd recommend are Phereklos and the Istar jungle, possibly Valho coast (though it will likely be hard to survive there for now, unless you're con-specced).

Monk defences aren't bad (nobody can look good while comparing themselves to knights), though they require more effort/attention than most other classes. Keep vitality up whenever possible (I think the cooldown is two minutes), use weathering/toughness/resistance/regeneration, you should be able to use transmute while off-balance if I remember right. Numb can be extremely useful in certain situations too, but that's a bit more complicated since it will kill you if you aren't careful with it. Bashing runes make a huge difference too.
  • Skye said:
    Monk used to be one of the premier bashing classes (along with Sylvan) but it kinda took a hit when they made changes to PVE damage to standardise it.  Some classes still need balancing as a result (RIP BM). Transmute is definitely a godsend though. 

The mid 70s and the whole of the 80s are probably the worst levelling hurdles to cross, you gotta keep telling yourself that it's only gonna get worse until it gets better. 

My recommendation to you is to not look at exp for those levels and make monetary goals instead. A rising bank account is far more motivation than watching the tediously slow increase of 0.1%...0.2%... 

I didn't do anything I wasn't comfortable with for my bash to dragon. No Vertani, no Ursu/Taryen, no UW or Annwyn unless I happened to be following someone (which was almost never during those final turns). Death is far more frustrating than safe and steady progress. 

Sadly I can't look at the 0.1% and 0.2%... I'm uh.  Stuck at just baseline %s because I can't trans vision because #PoorNewbie 
  • Definitely agree with Skye.

Watching my gold counter going up was ten time more motivation than watching my exp going up.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Cannot transmute off balance. Transmute will also destroy your willpower when used with clot and regeneration.

• edited February 2016
    Is there a drastic difference in XP to level from 79-80 compared to 78-79? I was hyped this morning @ 78 + 3% because I was pretty steadily getting 30% / hour running Qurnok / Arcadian royal guards / Spectres in the Sunderlands / occasional Azdun zombies and as soon as I hit 79 it was like lolnope, and I've gotten 25% in like 2 hours. Am I just doing it in the wrong places?

Edit: Bard, 16 con / 14 str my max health is ~5300 with aria if that helps.
  • Going from 79 to 80 should take about 33% more xp than 78 to 79.