Quick Questions

Comments

• For monks who have knuckles:

Are they actually working for you? I'm trying to figure out if this is really a bug or not. Mine don't appear to be working, at all. After testing single punches, with and without lvl 2 knuckles, there was no change in either break point or general health damage received. Anyone else having issues?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Yeah, upgrading to 2 is a 8.2% increase from your current DPS with the level 1 (so it's about 1.079*1.082). Going from no pendant to level 2 is a total increase of ~16.7%.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Out of curiosity. TALISMAN INFO CLOVERBOX specifies that the boost to denizen crew experience is only for 24 hours, but TALISMAN INFO XXPLAQUE doesn't specify such a limit. Does the latter have a permanent effect ,or is that just an oversight in the description? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ismay said:
    For monks who have knuckles:

Are they actually working for you? I'm trying to figure out if this is really a bug or not. Mine don't appear to be working, at all. After testing single punches, with and without lvl 2 knuckles, there was no change in either break point or general health damage received. Anyone else having issues?
    I can't speak to knuckles specifically, but I had an issue in the past with a bugged band that claimed to be level 3 but was actually level 2, and others have had similar issues occasionally. Haven't heard of instances of an artefact not doing *anything*, but it's not out of the question. Probably best to just file a BUG; if there is a bug, it's more likely to be specific to you, rather than something affecting all instances of the artefact.
  • Eld said:
    Ismay said:

I can't speak to knuckles specifically, but I had an issue in the past with a bugged band that claimed to be level 3 but was actually level 2, and others have had similar issues occasionally. Haven't heard of instances of an artefact not doing *anything*, but it's not out of the question. Probably best to just file a BUG; if there is a bug, it's more likely to be specific to you, rather than something affecting all instances of the artefact.
    I've had artefacts both not do anything (before the artefact skills thing was around) and also since not have anything. For example, my lvl2 Sash was just a permabound sash with no artefact trait associated with it. Had to bug it and it eventually got fixed. But these things can happen. Thankfully the admin is wicked cool and just fixed it and doesnt blame me for it because it's probably just my fault for having so many arties...

• @Ismay if I catch you in game I'm a monk atm and we can test on both of us.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2016
    Jukilian said:
    @Ismay if I catch you in game I'm a monk atm and we can test on both of us.
    I don't think you can use another someone else's knuckles, if that's what you mean. Not 100% sure, but I think they're like artefact weapons in that regard.
  • Knuckles are worn, iirc only artefact weapons that require wielding can't be shared. Pretty sure they can be borrowed.

• Well, gem and veil can't be shared, so it's within the realms of possibility. I don't think it's probable though.
  • Jukilian said:
    Well, gem and veil can't be shared, so it's within the realms of possibility. I don't think it's probable though.
    Gem can be shared, unless it's changed recently.
  • I thought it had changed some time ago.
  • Eld said:
    Jukilian said:
    Well, gem and veil can't be shared, so it's within the realms of possibility. I don't think it's probable though.
    Gem can be shared, unless it's changed recently.
    Sobriquet tried lending me his gem and it didn't work.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    It did change quite a long while ago.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kayeil said:
    Upwards of a year, I believe.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Trey said:
    Knuckles are worn, iirc only artefact weapons that require wielding can't be shared. Pretty sure they can be borrowed.
    Knuckles can be borrowed, I used to borrow Rangor's all the time.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Ismay said:

My morphing level 3 knuckles have not been increasing limb damage since the day I bought them. Filed a bug as soon as I noticed; no response :(
  • Cain punched me with and without knuckles for the exact same damage
  • Thanks for the responses. I filed a bug report and an issue me just in case the bug went unnoticed. I felt bad for bothering them about it if it isn't really a bug. I'll do more testing when I can just to be sure.

I was thinking about upgrading to lvl 3, but if they're not working at all, it's a lot of credits to waste, hehe.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ahmet said:
    Kayeil said:
    Upwards of a year, I believe.
    Ah, looks like two years. So pretty recent, but longer than I would have thought.
  • Hi guys, I am tentatively planning on retiring a couple characters and making a new one.  I was going to use a certain name but then decided to suicide and choose a different starter class.  Now I can't make a character with that same name, it's disallowed.  Is there a time limit on how soon I can remake that character or are the names of suicided characters permanently blocked?
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Peregrino said:
    Hi guys, I am tentatively planning on retiring a couple characters and making a new one.  I was going to use a certain name but then decided to suicide and choose a different starter class.  Now I can't make a character with that same name, it's disallowed.  Is there a time limit on how soon I can remake that character or are the names of suicided characters permanently blocked?
    Their names open up after a while. Not sure how long it is, though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Peregrino said:
    Hi guys, I am tentatively planning on retiring a couple characters and making a new one.  I was going to use a certain name but then decided to suicide and choose a different starter class.  Now I can't make a character with that same name, it's disallowed.  Is there a time limit on how soon I can remake that character or are the names of suicided characters permanently blocked?
    It can take anywhere from a day to a week from what I've heard. You'll have to settle for xxnoobpwnerxx instead of xnoobpwnerx, sorry.

• @Sena

As a blademaster buying your first artefacts, what gives you a better DPS increase to hunting? A Level one/two band or a crit pendant?

Also! Would you recommend other auxiliary arties above band? Sip ring, bracelets, etc.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • What's the budget? Or, put another way, is multiclassing as something that doesn't utterly suck at bashing an option?
  • edited February 2016
    Dude has 1600c to work with, new char, so multiclass prob not viable.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • * REVERT can now be used to unmorph adventurers.

Is this what the command is in Imperian or something? It seems like an odd addition.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Rom said:
    * REVERT can now be used to unmorph adventurers.

Is this what the command is in Imperian or something? It seems like an odd addition.
    Just another alias for the command - making it easier to get out of morph when you need to! Some people don't like using HUMAN or UNMORPH for rp reasons.
  • Atalkez said:
    @Sena

As a blademaster buying your first artefacts, what gives you a better DPS increase to hunting? A Level one/two band or a crit pendant?

Also! Would you recommend other auxiliary arties above band? Sip ring, bracelets, etc.
    Bands give +5% per level to both speed and damage, so 11-12% to DPS. That's only the drawslash portion of DPS, though, not counting battlerage. If the numbers I have recorded are correct, base drawslash dps (with nimble) is about 190, and battlerage dps is about 70, so DPS increase for bands, relative to no band, work out to approximately
      L1: ~8% = ~.023%/cr
      L2: ~17% = ~.021%/cr
      L3: ~26% = ~.016%/cr

For pendants, at level 80, average DPS increase relative to no pendant is
      L1: 3.7% = ~.019%/cr
      L2: 7.9% = ~.013%/cr
      L3: 12.6% = ~.011%/cr

At level 90:
      L1: 5.5% =~.028%/cr
      L2: 11.8%  = ~.020%/cr
      L3: 18.8% = ~.016%/cr

So L1 band is the best DPS per credit for low levels, but L1 crit pendant overtakes it somewhere in the 80s. That's assuming 12 str and Sanya for the drawslash numbers. Higher strength will increase the value of the band somewhat, and of course the crit pendants keep getting more valuable as your level increases. The faster attacks from the band may also improve survivability somewhat, by making it easier to run or shield if you need to; and of course, if they're looking to get into combat at all, the band helps with that and the crit pendant doesn't.
  • So blademasters suck at bashing? My original name was an alchemist name, if it's not available I thought I could just use my blademaster name, but if blademasters suck at bashing and I'm not going to be trolling for fights, I could end up pretty bored.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • edited February 2016
    Atalkez said:
    Dude has 1600c to work with, new char, so multiclass prob not viable.
    You'd almost be better off getting a multiclass and using nuts than buying an artie as blademaster for solely hunting.  Blademaster hunting is that bad. 

Although that said, blademaster bands are a straight 5% damage/speed increase per artefact level, so ~10.5% DPS increase for level one.  Crit pendant's are ~3.7% DPS increase at level 80, and ~8% at level 99.

So,
    54 credits per 1% DPS for pendant at level 80.
    33.3 credits per 1% DPS increase for a level one band.
    25 credits per 1% DPS for pendant at level 99

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:  Eld beat me to it, think we got the same conclusion though.