Quick Questions

Comments

• I'm reading help curingsystem and I don't see any mention of how healing from writhe afflictions works.  Is that under defenses or afflictions and can you alter it?
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • It'll just auto writhe, I'm not sure what you'd want to change about it.
  • Writhe afflictions get cured in a set order so there's nothing to configure for them.
  • Kiet said:
    It'll just auto writhe, I'm not sure what you'd want to change about it.
    I used to delay writhe in Imperian in some rare circumstances, kind of bummed if it's not an option with the curing system here.
  • Peregrino said:
    Kiet said:
    It'll just auto writhe, I'm not sure what you'd want to change about it.
    I used to delay writhe in Imperian in some rare circumstances, kind of bummed if it's not an option with the curing system here.
    I mean it is.

CURING PRIORITY IMPALED 26
    CURING PRIORITY ENTANGLED 26

This will ignore them on SS, until they are moved back into the upper 25. You would then need to manually writhe, or send them back to their original position should you want to do that.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • A lot has changed, I can't think of a single scenario that will actually happen where that would help you.

• Cooper said:
    A lot has changed, I can't think of a single scenario that will actually happen where that would help you.
    I don't let SS handle my impale writhing anymore because of the bug, so mine is at 26 right now. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Was responding to Peregrino re: needing to not writhe.

• Kaste: Cool evil sounding name or just kind of lame?
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    So I have...

| Trade Skills                                                                |
    |   Tailoring                   100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Jewellery                   100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   InkMilling                  100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Cooking                     100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Gathering                   100%  #########################  Transcendent 

I forget how many lessons are in the first tradeskill... I know a permit is going to cost me 50 credits. How many lessons will it cost me to trans Harvesting?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kayeil said:
    So I have...

I forget how many lessons are in the first tradeskill... I know a permit is going to cost me 50 credits. How many lessons will it cost me to trans Harvesting?
    First two are 693.

I believe that the 50% is additive, which would make your next tradeskill 2079 lessons.

Very slight chance that it's multiplicative, which would make it 3508, but I'm pretty sure it's 2079.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Ahmet said:
    Kayeil said:
    So I have...

First two are 693.

I believe that the 50% is additive, which would make your next tradeskill 2079 lessons.

Very slight chance that it's multiplicative, which would make it 3508, but I'm pretty sure it's 2079.
    I think it's multiplicative, I recall my last one being pretty high cost. Ugh, so expensive.  :(
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I'm pretty sure it's additive, or was when I learnt my tradeskills. 2079 sounds right, 300% of the base cost, for the sixth skill.
  • Nothing like the lessons cost though... Ehhh

• How do most people deal with blatantly OOC folks: is it just "ignore it" or is it "report it"? 
  • Does anyone have information about how much Human Racial Crit Bonus is worth, like in comparison to the crit pendant?
  • Not exactly, but it should be somewhere between 0.5% and 1% (between 1/4 and 1/2 the effectiveness of the level 1 pendant).
  • Is there a way to create custom exit/entrances for artifacts such as wings?
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• edited February 2016
    @Texel I believe it's possible through e-mailing customisations@achaea.com, but if it is possible it's likely to cost more than your wings did. Either way, e-mailing is the way to go. I know it's possible for portals from the wand of portals, but it's... prohibitively expensive.

From a couple of years ago: "For a customised wand of portals you are looking at 1300 credits, which includes customised messages for the portal starting/completing and a customised portal description. The high cost associated with this is due to the necessary involvement of the coding team."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited February 2016
    Texel said:
    Is there a way to create custom exit/entrances for artifacts such as wings?
    Most likely. My wings have different short and examined descriptions worn and unworn, plus reactions to transform from one to the other during the wearing / unwearing, which cost a total of 250 credits.

You can email customisations@achaea.com for a quote, that's what I always do to check possibility and price of crazy ideas :)

EDIT: Punctuation is hard, mm'kay?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • thanks guys, i'll see what they think.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Daeir said:
    "Please pay $400~ USD in equivalent game currency for our coder(s) to copy/paste an oact and replace its contents with what you sent us."

Things are ridiculous when you put them into perspective sometimes.
    Lol, yeah. 

Ive come up with some cool ideas for item creation or customizations and they've almost always been cost prohibitive. 200cr of a complex customization that includes item creation, resetting, non-decay, I can understand that. 500-1000cr just makes it not worth it most of the time. I've considered RPing a surgeon that does body modifications like splicing together different races or transplants lost limbs and stuff and when I looked into how much getting things like a scalpel created I realized that to get a bone saw and syringe and other tools it was just not going to be a feasible task. Not knocking the price, I'm sure they've got it priced so they turn a profit and stuff which is necessary, just saying it was too expensive for what I would get out of it. Everyone values things differently is all
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Grandue said:
    Daeir said:
    "Please pay $400~ USD in equivalent game currency for our coder(s) to copy/paste an oact and replace its contents with what you sent us."

Lol, yeah. 

Ive come up with some cool ideas for item creation or customizations and they've almost always been cost prohibitive. 200cr of a complex customization that includes item creation, resetting, non-decay, I can understand that. 500-1000cr just makes it not worth it most of the time. I've considered RPing a surgeon that does body modifications like splicing together different races or transplants lost limbs and stuff and when I looked into how much getting things like a scalpel created I realized that to get a bone saw and syringe and other tools it was just not going to be a feasible task. Not knocking the price, I'm sure they've got it priced so they turn a profit and stuff which is necessary, just saying it was too expensive for what I would get out of it. Everyone values things differently is all
    All custom coding is expensive, sure, but we have to support that code and item forever. If we redo a system and have to make workarounds for an item, that's going to compound the amount of dev time. On the other hand, reactions are cheap because they use our standard scripting tools that are abstracted from the backend code.
  • Tecton said:
    Grandue said:
    Daeir said:

Lol, yeah. 

All custom coding is expensive, sure, but we have to support that code and item forever. If we redo a system and have to make workarounds for an item, that's going to compound the amount of dev time. On the other hand, reactions are cheap because they use our standard scripting tools that are abstracted from the backend code.
    Yeah man, like I said, I'm sure it is priced how it needs to be and it just depends on how people value custom items as to whether or not it is "too expensive". 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Any serpents know what breaks AWAIT? Or if there's a way to check if you're still awaiting someone, other than them walking into the room?
    Huh. Neat.
  • There used to be a message when you stopped awaiting, but I haven't seen it in years. As far as I found, await only broke when you moved into a different room, but not if you moved by following someone or were forcibly/automatically moved (unless it was by forcing a movement command). Evade also didn't break await for a long time, even after it was announced to be fixed in 2006, so without the message when it breaks I'm not sure whether that's still the case or not.
  • I noticed there's a trait for throwing weapons faster.  I'm wondering if there's anything that emulates the effect of returning or another way to quickly recover a thrown weapon if you're not a sentinel or some other class with returning?
  • add 'get axe' or whatever to the start of your alias, and hope they don't pick up your axes or whatever before you get bal back. For throwing adjacent, you're out of luck.

• is there a way to enable the ability to hit yourself for testing things? Finding someone who will stand around and let me go at them can be hard.