Quick Questions

Comments

• Peregrino said:
    is there a way to enable the ability to hit yourself for testing things? Finding someone who will stand around and let me go at them can be hard.

I would also love to know this!
  • Peregrino said:
    is there a way to enable the ability to hit yourself for testing things? Finding someone who will stand around and let me go at them can be hard.
    The clumsiness affliction used to let you attack yourself, but I'm not sure if it still does.
  • I tried buying xentio and drinking it but nothing :( In Aetolia (I think) there's a config option to be able to hit yourself.  They took out my xentio abuse here so now I need someone to be like, "that did no damage you noob" instead of doing it to myself.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Venoms don't work if you drink them (cause people would totally abuse that here). You gotta get someone to bite or stab you with it. 

• Peregrino said:
    I tried buying xentio and drinking it but nothing :( In Aetolia (I think) there's a config option to be able to hit yourself.  They took out my xentio abuse here so now I need someone to be like, "that did no damage you noob" instead of doing it to myself.
    Find a friend, beat on them until they die.

• Peregrino said:
    I tried buying xentio and drinking it but nothing :( In Aetolia (I think) there's a config option to be able to hit yourself.  They took out my xentio abuse here so now I need someone to be like, "that did no damage you noob" instead of doing it to myself.

Yeah, WTB "CONFIG DISREGARDING"
  • Xentio doesn't let you do that anymore anyway :(
  • Peregrino said:
    If you're talking about using weapon attacks, only thing I can think of is rebounding.

They smoke rebounding, you wait for it to come up, you attack then with a weapon, it rebounds back to you
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • edited February 2016
    No, he's talking about things like Masochism (Lusternia, not the affliction), Disregarding (Aetolia) and Selfharm (Imperian) - a config option, which is also an ability very low down in Survival (aside from Imperian, where it's just a config) - that lets you do something like  DSL ME HEAD CURARE ACONITE, or CURSE ME PARALYSIS etc etc etc.

No, Achaea doesn't have anything like that unfortunately.. Would be nice to, but it's not as simple as letting you target yourself. Lots of rewriting would need to happen.

• The clumsiness affliction used to let you do exactly that, so how much code would need to be changed would depend on how much was changed when that stopped being the case.

At any rate, likely not going to happen. There are some very good combat balance reasons it's no longer possible. Unless it was forced off as soon as somebody else attacked you and had a cooldown similar to the aggression timer on changing class.
  • That's exactly how it works in those other games, yes.

Lusternia when you're attacked, or have any 'aggressive action' performed on you really, it says something like 'Your masochistic tendencies go into remission' - which lasts like 15-60 seconds (can't remember exactly), if I remember rightly.

Imperian's just has an aggression timer and, if I remember rightly, Aetolia's is turned off the moment you're attacked. Been well over a year since I played there, so it might have another way of 'disabling' it. Aetolia's is a defence that shows up in DEF though. If i remember, something like 'You're disregarding your own safety.' idk.

Good option either way, balance would not be a problem so long as it's not only doable by an affliction. Because getting someone to hit you with it, isn't always gonna be easy, unless you just up and ask randoms to smack you with it when they walk by.

• Okay, I give up.  New question.  Are classes still limited by the house you're in?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Peregrino said:
    Okay, I give up.  New question.  Are classes still limited by the house you're in?
    Cities more than houses. No devotionists outside Targossas (priest / paladin), no necromancers outside Mhaldor (apostate / infernal), no forestals outside Eleusis (druid / sentinal / sylvan), every other class everywhere, IIRC

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Occultists are Ashtan/Hashan only, and Alchemists are not allowed in Eleusis.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sena said:
    There used to be a message when you stopped awaiting, but I haven't seen it in years. As far as I found, await only broke when you moved into a different room, but not if you moved by following someone or were forcibly/automatically moved (unless it was by forcing a movement command). Evade also didn't break await for a long time, even after it was announced to be fixed in 2006, so without the message when it breaks I'm not sure whether that's still the case or not.
    Seems like a bug to me.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Could be, I couldn't find any announce related to await/shadow (since shadow also technically caused you to await the target, so you saw the message when you moved after shadowing someone) from around that time. The last time I saw the await ending message was 2009.
  • So what can stronger mounts do that weaker ones can't? I see the pegasus is popular, I'm assuming it can fly.  Although I think I want a Baarian tiger.  Can they do anything special?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Peregrino said:
    So what can stronger mounts do that weaker ones can't? I see the pegasus is popular, I'm assuming it can fly.  Although I think I want a Baarian tiger.  Can they do anything special?

Stronger mounts can intimidate weaker mounts, better results from trample, etc. Baarian tiger looks more badass than a Pegasus, and it's stripy and orange.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Can't fly, though. Flight is a big plus if you have no other way to do so.
  • Is it just me or are boar/moss tattoos fading much faster than usual?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Klendathu said:
    Peregrino said:
    So what can stronger mounts do that weaker ones can't? I see the pegasus is popular, I'm assuming it can fly.  Although I think I want a Baarian tiger.  Can they do anything special?

Stronger mounts can intimidate weaker mounts, better results from trample, etc. Baarian tiger looks more badass than a Pegasus, and it's stripy and orange.
    Thanks buddy.  I renamed my guy Tyger and he's a jester now, so it'll be Tyger riding a tiger...
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Is it just me or are boar/moss tattoos fading much faster than usual?
    Mine have been recently.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Is it possible to customize a belt (a hunter's belt, +1 con) into a girdle? I prefer girdles.  They have belt and girdle versions of +2 con but no girdle version of +1 con which seems like it might have been an oversight.

I'm on my 4th moss tattoo of the day.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Peregrino said:
    Is it possible to customize a belt (a hunter's belt, +1 con) into a girdle? I prefer girdles.  They have belt and girdle versions of +2 con but no girdle version of +1 con which seems like it might have been an oversight.
    No harm in asking. You can probably drop an email to artefacts@achaea.com 

I'm pretty sure they've been fading "faster than usual" ever since they were introduced. It's certainly possible that this time it's an actual change instead of a string of bad luck plus confirmation bias in forum replies, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Hoping to have Scimitars of Falcons at the end of the month, and was thinking on customising them. Name, desc et al. 

Question is, when I inevitably decide to upgrade to Eagles, can the descriptions carry over?

Don't want to spend 100 cr now to find that I'll only have to do the same again after shelling out 1400 cr for the eagles upgrade.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    When you do upgrade via the ARTEFACT command, custom descriptions do carry over automatically, no problemo.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    When you do upgrade via the ARTEFACT command, custom descriptions do carry over automatically, no problemo.
    Cheers Mel. Much Help, Very Thanks.

Doge is still a thing right?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Sure why not!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby