Quick Questions

Comments

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Tecton said:
    It's a place where you can leave feedback for the Producers, anyone can write to it, but only Sarapis and I can read.
    Awesome.

Thank you for the answer.
  • Bring back meets board, with the old posts.. I want Jeremy's kickboxing post back...
  • What would my dstab speed be if I got an Assassin's dirk? Like, 8% faster than what?
  • What would my dstab speed be if I got an Assassin's dirk? Like, 8% faster than what?
    8% faster than your current dstab speed, whatever that is.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • It's where I leave Tecton love notes.

• What is dstab speed based on now? Just dex? I thought it was dex and dirk speed, which is why my question arose.

Also @Kuy come back to us there are many more Mhaldorians around now (got over a population drop a little while ago)!
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited March 2014
    I believe it's just dex, dirk speed was originally included in the classlead news post but it was revealed to be not true, iirc?
  • What is dstab speed based on now? Just dex? I thought it was dex and dirk speed, which is why my question arose.

Also @Kuy come back to us there are many more Mhaldorians around now (got over a population drop a little while ago)!
    Alcinae is correct. It is based only on dex and artie dirk levels.

As to picking Kuy up again, maybe in time! I'm just now opening RP elsewhere, though, and it's exciting to think about!
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree

What is dstab speed based on now? Just dex? I thought it was dex and dirk speed, which is why my question arose.

@Bonko isn't doing his job right then. Drop it more! :D

• Amanu said:
    What is dstab speed based on now? Just dex? I thought it was dex and dirk speed, which is why my question arose.

@Bonko isn't doing his job right then. Drop it more! :D
    Yeah, wtf @Bonko?

Also does this qualify as a quick question?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Why is the rum gone?

• Daeir said:
    Band is one of those artefacts that completely changes how you play a class. Kind of like t-fang for Serpents.

This always really depressed me about Serpent class. The fact that in its current state, the only way it is viable to use is sniping,  other than that, you could maybe try to backstab in groups and dstab to help. I really would love to see serpents adjusted somehow.
  • Asmodron said:

Daeir said:

Band is one of those artefacts that completely changes how you play a class. Kind of like t-fang for Serpents.

This always really depressed me about Serpent class. The fact that in its current state, the only way it is viable to use is sniping,  other than that, you could maybe try to backstab in groups and dstab to help. I really would love to see serpents adjusted somehow.

This is wholly inaccurate. Dex spec serpent with a forged dirk is 100% viable.

• Survivability is pretty garbage though, I imagine. At least pre-dragon.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Kresslack said:

Why is the rum gone?

Sylvans, that is all.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    There's rum in the merchant bar @Kresslack! We'll charge you double because... (Insert reason here)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    There's rum in the merchant bar @Kresslack! We'll charge you double because... (Insert reason here)
    Because I designed the damned stuff.

• What's a reasonable price for historical talisman pieces? Don't got a damn clue.
  • I'm interested in talisman prices too. No idea how much I can sell mine for

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    The changes to mentoring are so exciting. For the first time in my 322 years, I can actually have a mentor and it's nice that it's not age dependent.

I did bug this just in case, but shouldn't you have to AGREE to accept a mentor?

I asked Nemutaur to mentor me to see about the age aspect, he did, I squealed but I did not agree. He is my mentor now anyway (and he's stuck with me forever).
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It might have been changed a while back. If it's not a bug, I think IDEAing it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have no idea who to have mentor Melodie, now. This is an awesome change, but I'm suddenly struck with "who the hell even fits anymore?" :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    edited March 2014
    Melodie said:

It might have been changed a while back. If it's not a bug, I think IDEAing it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have no idea who to have mentor Melodie, now. This is an awesome change, but I'm suddenly struck with "who the hell even fits anymore?" :(

I know a few good Sylvans in the House. Now Amanu having is hard because he never had one. Probably won't.

• Melodie said:

Me cause it would be funny?
    Mentor would probably be more based in "someone I look up to for guidance and advice" rather than "teach me all the combats", in this case. And there's not a ton of people Melodie looks "up to" anymore.

Actual quick question aimed at @Tecton and @Sarapis:

Message #6029       Sent by Hanindir
    3/25/23:54 Greetings! Regarding your issue #68251: Customisation is not something we offer for mounts that accept caparisons. Please let us know if you have any further questions via ISSUE ME!

Why was this decision made? It's rather vastly disappointing, as the entire concept of having new legendary equine was that I could finally customise to have the draft horse I was starting to research. I mean, honestly, as absolutely cool as the caparisons are, I would rather have a mount who can't have them just so I could actually get the mount I've been wanting for ~2 irl years.

Is this something that can change? Pretty please? I have 350 credits I'm ready to throw at this. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited March 2014
    @Melodie

There is a lot of behind the scenes code to support all of the caparison stuff - we'd have to duplicate all of that for your custom description. 

It's possible, but you'd either a) lose the ability to use a caparison, or b) have to pay to have everything duplicated for your individual mount.

If you've got further questions, please feel free to email customisations@achaea.com and we'll try to sort something out!
  • Melodie said:
    Mentor would probably be more based in "someone I look up to for guidance and advice" rather than "teach me all the combats", in this case. And there's not a ton of people Melodie looks "up to" anymore.
    I feel like once you've reached that stage in life, mentorship is less of a thing you should seek and more of a historical thing to remember who taught you the ropes and whatnot. I mean, you could always get another mentor someday, if there ever is someone your character truly does look up to in life, but until that happens, it sounds kinda moot.
    That's a pretty interesting idea. I'll have to think about Melodie's history a bit more in-depth too and see what works!
  • If you have played for more than 50 hours, have never picked a mentor before, and then pick a mentor would that mentor qualify for the one time credit bonus on the first 1k credit purchase?

I assume not based on the text of the announce post but I figured it would not hurt to ask.
  • @Feral No, someone has to have selected you before the 50 hours is up.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I have a question. What is with the bars and keylock over some people's avatars? Starting to see more and more of them.