Quick Questions

Comments

• NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    Already been drunk, and can't wait to do it everyday for this month. Also, note to self, get sticky note to put on system.

But on a serious note, if this is real I'm like...freaking out over here hard core man.
  • edited April 2014
    My problem with this is that it's totally out of Mhaldorian or even Knight conduct.
    Now when you're a certain rank within your House, you have a bit of freedom,
    but imagine if I'm called to Stygian or, God forbid, Lord Sartan comes to Mhaldor and we need to kneel and I end up stumbling drunk.
    I'm really hoping this is an April's Fools joke, because I am uncomfortable with this event and as much as I'd love to participate, this is not how Naah would act in any circumstance. The most she had alcohol wise is when she was with a friend playing chess, and only then she only had two sips and politely put it down and said she didn't drink. :|

Anyone else's thoughts?
    Naah said:
    My problem with this is that it's totally out of Mhaldorian or even Knight conduct.
    but imagine if I'm called to Stygian or, God forbid, Lord Sartan comes to Mhaldor and we need to kneel and I end up stumbling drunk.
    I'm really hoping this is an April's Fools joke, because I am uncomfortable with this event and as much as I'd love to participate, this is not how Naah would act in any circumstance. The most she had alcohol wise is when she was with a friend playing chess, and only then she only had two sips and politely put it down and said she didn't drink. :|

Anyone else's thoughts?
    Well the best thing I can tell you to do is to get drunk and then let someone kill you in the Arena.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I should... Probably not get too drunk on Ruth then. Whoops.

Also. Reading the latest announce post, we'll only get a mayan crown per 500cr bought but a talisman piece per 100cr before?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    So with this contest though would you effectively giving up your current PC to become a Divine?

Because while awesome I would rather be a player than IMM especially since I'm still rather new.
  • Naah said:

Anyone else's thoughts?

So with this contest though would you effectively giving up your current PC to become a Divine? Because while awesome I would rather be a player than IMM especially since I'm still rather new.
    Nemutaur said:
    Shadrac said:
    So with this contest though would you effectively giving up your current PC to become a Divine? Because while awesome I would rather be a player than IMM especially since I'm still rather new.

You do know what day it is right?

Yea, it's March 31, 10:18pm.

Ok, ok - hah, I'll take it as a joke now.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited April 2014
    This is obviously a Joke, they have an elaborate one each year. Joke's doubly on your for stumbling around and clutching at the floor of the Brass Lantern in. C'mon now, Drunken God of Revelry? You'd be like their court jester (and something for some of them to kick around when in a bad mood).

• They have Celani for that.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    True, but you'd still be like the new baby being brought home, with a good number of them taking their turns trying to smother you, I'm sure.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Nobody ever reads HELP ASCENSION it seems. :/.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Kresslack said:

This is obviously a Joke, they have an elaborate one each year. Joke's doubly on your for stumbling around and clutching at the floor of the Brass Lantern in. C'mon now, Drunken God of Revelry? You'd be like their court jester (and something for some of them to kick around when in a bad mood).

I can be Xenagos???? But I prefer Phenax or Erebos :-(
  • Does a Shaman's curse bleed scale with int? I assume if any of the damaging attacks scale it'd be with int but I'd like to know if it's worth investin in. I bash a bit and fully intend to get to dragon, but it's mind-numbin so I'd like to get into combat. Got creamed in my first spar a few days ago, enjoyed it a lot (what little time my attempt at a defense bought me, that is).

I'm level 70-somethin (low) and I'm havin a little difficulty with traits. Still got the free reset. I don't have client access at the moment but from memory I so far have:

Atavian Summoner

Nimble
    Brilliant

Master Contemplator
    Master Gatherer
    Traveller (from my brand-spankin'-newb time with the HTML client)
    Meticulous Care

That's all I can recall, not sure if I'm missin one. Appreciate the responses.
  • edited April 2014
    Bleed against denizens does scale with int. Against players though, I'm not sure. It's not that useful in combat though, if you want to cause bleeding then vodun bleed is much better.

For bashing, more int is definitely useful. Aside from the extra damage, you'll also get more willpower, which can run out quickly as a shaman. It's not as important for combat, but still useful.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State

Meletus on 10/21/23:51: Greetings! In regard to issue 66885, that information is not correct! While Shamans may not see a huge boost from more Intelligence, it does affect a variety of the damaging attacks within the skillset, including abilities like Runelore thurisaz or Curses bleed (but only against denizens, not other players!) So, while the boost may not be as dramatic as it would be for a class like Mage, Shamans do still benefit a bit from higher Intelligence! Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ISSUE!

^^ That's the response I got on an issue I sent in a while back asking  how Intelligence works for Shaman class. I hope that helps.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:

Meletus on 10/21/23:51: Greetings! In regard to issue 66885, that information is not correct! While Shamans may not see a huge boost from more Intelligence, it does affect a variety of the damaging attacks within the skillset, including abilities like Runelore thurisaz or Curses bleed (but only against denizens, not other players!) So, while the boost may not be as dramatic as it would be for a class like Mage, Shamans do still benefit a bit from higher Intelligence! Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ISSUE!

^^ That's the response I got on an issue I sent in a while back asking  how Intelligence works for Shaman class. I hope that helps.
    So issuing questions like this works, hmmmm...I will remember that.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Achimrst, when in serious doubt I issue and get a response. This was one of those questions that a lot of us were debating and disagreeing on Shaman Clan, so I went ahead and issued it to get the final word on how it actually worked.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Yeah, ISSUE ME is often good for these things. At worst, you'll get a "that's more information than we want to give out" response.

• Word of god, preceded by word of forum god. Doesn't get better than that! Cheers guys, I'll keep my int spec for now.
  • If I upgrade a level 2 artie to a level 3, do I get to keep the customisation or do I need to pay an extra 50cr to keep that?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You keep the customization no problem!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Sobriquet said:
    If I upgrade a level 2 artie to a level 3, do I get to keep the customisation or do I need to pay an extra 50cr to keep that?
    @Sobriquet - oooo - what's the upgrade?
  • Daeir said:
    You squeeze like an extra 90 dps out of a l2-l3 upgrade as far as bashing goes, which is a huge, huge bonus.
    It's not nearly that high. Before strength/runes, upgrading from 2 to 3 gives +24 DPS. Still very good, but it's not 90 (unless you're comparing unruned L2 to runed L3 at 20+ strength).
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sobriquet said:

If I upgrade a level 2 artie to a level 3, do I get to keep the customisation or do I need to pay an extra 50cr to keep that?

What @Melodie‌ said. Go for it! :)

Utianima said:
    What @Melodie‌ said. Go for it! :)
    WHAAA DOES THIS MEAN I CAN CUSTOMIZE ALL MY LVL1'S AND THEY'LL STAY?! I thought it said you lose customizations if you upgrade?
  • @Nieelensars: I didn't know that, but it probably goes with the logic: tradein for something else, lose some value, tradein for upper level, keep 100%.

• It's certainly been said around the forums and such in the past that upgrading customised artefacts did not preserve the customisation. My understanding is that most of that was based on cases where those people did not mention the customisation when requesting the upgrade (this was in the days when upgrading required emailing artefacts@achaea.com and asking for it, and the help file said to specifically mention any customisations that you wanted preserved). I get the impression that the new upgrade system handles it more smoothly.
  • If you do end up losing the customisation, email artefacts or customisation or issue yourself (not sure which is the preferred method) and you should be able to get it fixed.