Quick Questions

Comments

• My current (forged) whip is 82/157/168. How would getting the 77/187/165 Whip of Thorn or the 55/164/187 Viper's Coil change my experience with regards to bashing and combat? 

I'm guessing the Whip of Thorns would be worse because it's only better in to-hit and I don't need to-hit, right? Would the additional speed from Viper's Coil outweigh the significantly lower damage?

I getting either of those artie whips for 300 credits worth it?

And do whip stats impact flay speed against adventurers?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Get a lash.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I would keep the forged whip, the level 1 artefacts are both worse (the Viper's Coil might be marginally better after considering crits, but not worth 300 credits). Like with any other forged weapons, level 1s are only good for customisation and not having to worry about buying new weapons, not for stats.
  • Jurixe said:
    I had someone established (not revealing in case they don't want to be) ask me to be their official mentor today, which was unexpected and sweet. Thumbs up to this change, it's something I've wanted for a long time just because. The person I would've asked is now dormant, much to my sadness (come back please), but still.
    Im coming.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Maybe something better to ask @Cardan, but is there any kind of regular schedule for when ideas submitted through the idea system in-game get looked at? Just wanting to know if it would be more effective to submit them through the Dais or through there.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    forums broken? Getting random "Service Unavailable" pages
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jurixe said:
    Maybe something better to ask @Cardan, but is there any kind of regular schedule for when ideas submitted through the idea system in-game get looked at? Just wanting to know if it would be more effective to submit them through the Dais or through there.
    They're looked at all the time, but only implemented when we have time! 
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Sooo....

How does something like this happen?

• Pretty simple. Rankings are calculated periodically, whereas levels on the rankings list reflect the current value.
  • Anyone know how many lessons into Runelore Runeblades is?
  • Easy enough to find out by making a runewarden alt now that AB tells you.
  • I want to say runeblades is around mythical just off the top of my head, so 1200-1300.

• 1521h, 1520m, 6505e, 7000w ex-[08:22:19]ab runelore runeblades

Runeblades (Runelore)                         Known: No (1270 lessons required)

• ValdusValdus Australia
    What's Sylvan bashing like?

Viva la Bluef.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Valdus said:
    Painfully slow without arties. Every time I'm on my sylvan I want to pick up something to fix my eq balance. Seems to take a while to kill things as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Valdus said:
    Not bad, not great. Thornrend isn't very fast or powerful vs mobs (IMO - actual mathematical evidence may disagree), nor do you have perks like a multi-part attack to spread out your crits for efficiency. But you're quite tanky, with barkskin, quarterstaff, viridian, and Concoctions sip bonus, and you have a bunch of perks like reflection, barrier, vigour, flight, and self-rezz. You can refill your own curatives. Sylvan is probably the lowest-upkeep class. Viridian combined with channels gives you a horrendous passive willpower drain, but that's mostly balanced out by your two daily sources of willpower regen.
  • Offensively, I'd say unartied thornrend (with the +2 int from viridian) is about the same as unartied reflexed maul. Artied thornrend is also similar to maul (thornrend has collars, maul has knuckles), but thornrend gets faster diminishing returns from int (due to the natural bonus), and it can be sped up with a diadem.
  • Does autocuring also outrift things?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It does!

I'm not sure if it has a pre-cache function just yet though, not fiddled that far.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The major trait Health Inspector: how much of a reduction to assess EQ is it?
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • think it's like .5 sec eq on assess.

could be more useful if it was eq-less but had a cooldown of 10 sec or so
  • With the city meetings happening, do we have an ETA for the house changes?
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    Will there be a different promotion for this month now that it's the 16th? Waiting to see what it is before I decide on whether or not to get credits.

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Kuy said:
    With the city meetings happening, do we have an ETA for the house changes?
    When the cities are ready!

Jurixe said:
    Will there be a different promotion for this month now that it's the 16th? Waiting to see what it is before I decide on whether or not to get credits.
    There is - latest announce!
    edited April 2014
    Eeeee you put my idea in - but 5 slots aren't enough! D: I have so many photos!

I'd email this question to you directly but I'm not allowed to use personal email at work - is there any chance we can make the album resetting to a location instead of to our inventory, like a subdivision house? And/or would you consider making a frame version that holds a single image and can be placed in a house, kind of like a photo frame?

• Tecton said:
    Kuy said:
    With the city meetings happening, do we have an ETA for the house changes?
    When the cities are ready!

This is far more vague than I had hoped (but expected this to be the answer).

*weeps*
  • What do the elemental moods look like? Is there a way to check them before you buy or something?