Quick Questions

Comments

• edited March 2014
    It means they're jailed, as a punishment. If you look at their profile, you'll see:
    Person has been Jailed.
    • Can't post discussions.
    • Can't post as often.
    • Signature hidden.
    You can generally look at the warnings on their profile to find the reason and when it expires (I think).
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Huh, well that's a change of pace. Used to be they'd swing the ban hammer and you're gone for life. This new change, I don't hate it.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I had someone established (not revealing in case they don't want to be) ask me to be their official mentor today, which was unexpected and sweet. Thumbs up to this change, it's something I've wanted for a long time just because.

The person I would've asked is now dormant, much to my sadness (come back please), but still.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• What is this comparisons thing with mounts?
  • Mannimar said:
    What is this comparisons thing with mounts?
    No idea about the new thing in game, but it's caparison.
  • So are versions of the new equine legendary steeds going to be available regularly for people somewhere? I got one of each, of course, which was three more than I needed, but I am obsessive about wares, especially if they are horsies.  
  • Is there a way or option to unmentor (unfortunately probably gone forever) proteges?

P.S Liking the non-age related mentorship change.

• Jurixe said:
    I had someone established (not revealing in case they don't want to be) ask me to be their official mentor today, which was unexpected and sweet. Thumbs up to this change, it's something I've wanted for a long time just because. The person I would've asked is now dormant, much to my sadness (come back please), but still.

You were not the only one. Helped a kid out in finding his way around Targossas, got praised by him and Romeo, AND the kid asked me to mentor him. The dark pits of my emotional nexus become a little less frigid that day.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Any idea when jousting will be available as a city purchase for arenas? Seriously, it's awesome.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Now that the process for hiring marks has changed, what's the syntax for contracting marks for writs now? The syntax on HELP WRITS doesn't make sense anymore.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • NocrothNocroth New York, NY
    Halos said:
    Now that the process for hiring marks has changed, what's the syntax for contracting marks for writs now? The syntax on HELP WRITS doesn't make sense anymore.
    CONTRACT ASSASSIN FOR nocroth FOR ORDER defiling a holy shrine also he talks funny

Alternatively, just enter CONTRACT ASSASSIN or REQUEST CHAMPION on its own to get the info you need.
  • Nocroth said:
    Halos said:
    CONTRACT ASSASSIN FOR nocroth FOR ORDER he's too sexy to live

Alternatively, just enter CONTRACT ASSASSIN or REQUEST CHAMPION on its own to get the info you need.
    ftfy
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    A quick two for @Tecton:

Are there credit prizes for those who placed 2-10th overall in the Championship Games, and how much are they/were they already given out? If there are supposed to be, I have no idea if I received any because I didn't get a credit message and I don't remember how many credits I originally had.

Also, are we getting commemorative tokens like we used to for anyone that got a point in the games at all?

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I got 75 for 7th place, and Iakimen got 500 for 2nd. I got a message when I got mine, but I wasn't logged in.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Another question for @Tecton: I take it we are breaking tradition and not having the unique item auction for the Year Games? :(

I didn't get a message, but I was journalled for the ceremony so I don't know if that affects it.

• I was really hoping for a participation token like they usually give out. Bummed they didn't give them out though.

I'm hoping that maybe they've just forgotten, but I would be really sad if there wasn't some kind of a token for the Championships as there have been with all the others that I've been present for (since Y400). This is the first time I've ever been able to get a point in the celebrations, let alone place top ten, and it would be really disappointing if they decided to stop that tradition this year for some reason - especially given the memorable nature of this year's win.

• Tecton said they'll be in the mail.

i'm a rebel

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Here's something I was wondering.

So Achaea is on Y651 right now.  When the MUD first opened was it on Y1?  Also what year did it officially start? 1997?

And finally - is Achaea the first IRE MUD?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jurixe said:
    A quick two for @Tecton:

Are there credit prizes for those who placed 2-10th overall in the Championship Games, and how much are they/were they already given out? If there are supposed to be, I have no idea if I received any because I didn't get a credit message and I don't remember how many credits I originally had.

Also, are we getting commemorative tokens like we used to for anyone that got a point in the games at all?
    Those that were eligible have already got their credit prizes, yes - as there was a tie for 9th, there wasn't a 10th place given out.

Medallions will be going out today!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited March 2014
    Trey said:
    Another question for @Tecton: I take it we are breaking tradition and not having the unique item auction for the Year Games? :(
    No further year 650 auctions, no!
    Soooooo. Is there no April promotion or is it yet to be announced?
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    Shadrac said:
    Just announced! And if its a real one ITS A DOOZY! O.M.G

Shadrac said:

Just announced! And if its a real one ITS A DOOZY! O.M.G

All I see is the drinking one and then the combat rankings. I'm not at a computer using my phone. Someone copy and paste please?
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    The drinking one is the April one.
    Ahh ok! I just thought one was always buying credit related.

Looks like I'll be getting drunk a lot.