Quick Questions

Comments

• Datrius said:
    Nellaundra Is that girl in your signature fighting monsters on top of a piece of strawberry fruit cake?
    I wanna say it's just one of those typical really roughly drawn backgrounds that are in a lot of animes... But this is all I'm going to see, now.

• Cynlael said:

Datrius said:
    Nellaundra Is that girl in your signature fighting monsters on top of a piece of strawberry fruit cake?
    I wanna say it's just one of those typical really roughly drawn backgrounds that are in a lot of animes... But this is all I'm going to see, now.
    I'm like 100 percent sure that's what it is though :0
  • @Datrius @Cynlael It's a scene from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Magical Girl Madoka Magica). Non-spoilerific, since it's a great show: She's basically fighting the servants of a Witch, which are represented by sketchy indistinct backgrounds, while inside of reality warped by the Witch, which happens to make everything look like pastries.

So yes, she is fighting monsters on roughly drawn backgrounds and Strawberry fruit cake.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I freaking knew it!
  • @Tecton when is the next Great Hunt?
  • @Datrius

@Kei has it right! It's a wonderful show, and you should totally watch it; this isn't even as weird as the battlegrounds get! It's amazing in how the artists experimented, and yes, they're supposed to be as weird as that to the characters as well.
  • @Datrius

@Kei has it right! It's a wonderful show, and you should totally watch it; this isn't even as weird as the battlegrounds get! It's amazing in how the artists experimented, and yes, they're supposed to be as weird as that to the characters as well.
    It's a rather short anime too, right, like 14 episodes?
  • Twelve! It's -fantastic- but for the love of whatever God your worship (or the universe itself if you worship none) do not look up anything about it because holy hell spoilers.
  • I only ever look up the quick synopsis and episode count in general
  • Even a quick synopsis might be a bad idea, if you already plan on watching it.
  • Seriously - just watch the first three episodes.  The third is what got me hooked to it, and a synopsis would either be flat out lying to avoid spoilers or would ruin absolutely everything.
  • The third episode is also where @Nellaundra's sig comes from, if you're curious. Coincidentally, three episodes is also the length of Interlude, which is one of my favourite anime of all time, too.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jovolo said:
    L3 band is Blademaster on crack. Play to your strengths of insane melee and leave the bow for when you can afford a L1 and upgrade it over time.
    Just tried one of these. Ho Lee Fuk. Pretty sure that's a gateway artefact if I ever saw one.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    True, but with things like fishing, iron elite, and trade deals make it reachable in time.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Daeir said:

Just takes lots and lots and lots of time. I should probably stop going on about pay-advantage given that Achaea is the kind of game that it is, but holy shit l3 bands are insane. I hear other artefact weapons like blackjacks and maces are also similar in the power-per-credit department. Jester bashing is already nuts with a standard blackjack, can't imagine what it must be like with a runed l3 blackjack.

It's AMAZING ;)

• I had a lvl3 Band before I quit BM, @August @Ranzou and I had been running numbers on BM when it first came out, and realized how sick the bands were.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Daeir said:

You should whack a falcon and give us the damage it does and the balance time.

Will do :)

• KuyKuy
    edited March 2014
    Got it!
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Is mount weight still one of the determining factors of jousting?

i'm a rebel

• I'm pretty sure that mount weight has never been a deciding factor in jousting. It's based solely upon a person's riding ability and their mount level.

• Keep in mind, mount level is pretty much entirely random - it's not the 'legendary steed' or 'greater war horse' things.  I've had my ass kicked in jousts by an effing pink flamingo.
  • Oh. I thought that was why Havyn's bull that weighs 2000 or whatever won so much. How do you know what mount level yours is? My pet's legendary, it seems.

i'm a rebel

• edited March 2014
    Easiest way that I know if is to check your total levels killed on denizens, kill it, then see. Not to say that you are going to win every time with a better mount. I'm pretty sure there's some random factors in there too that influence the outcome.

• edited March 2014
    Look at stat stats, kill your mount (or another mount of the same type, if it's not unique), check stat stats again. The difference between the total denizen levels is the level of the mount.

If you have a unique, non-pet, uncollared mount, you're out of luck.
  • Oh. Yeah, that isn't an option. Maybe I can issue myself.

i'm a rebel

• From my testing it seemed your lance determined more than the mount.

High damage and high to hit, I haven't lost yet.

Although paying someone to forge some, then having it break is very lame.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Under the News Boards there is a section under Common Boards called Comments that is grayed out but shows as having 637 posts.

I'm not able to access any of them.

What is this?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Pretty sure that's a Gods-only board of some kind.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby