League of Legends

Comments

• Cooper said:
    One thing that is extremely frustrating with LoL is the rotating hero pool. I'm not going to buy Riot points or whatever to buy a new 'champion'. But seeing the same 6-7 champions in every single game is annoying.

It makes sense that people in LoL tend to play one champion over and over, though, rather than getting good with everyone, knowing that you have to buy champions to play them.

Also I hate saying champion instead of hero.

You gain Influence Points(IP) after every match, which can also be used to buy champs, runes, and others. The only time that Riot points are absolutely required is when you're interested in buying a skin for a champ, or if Riot has other promotional(and optional) items for sale. Otherwise, just play several games, accumulate that IP then buy your champs.

• I've managed to get all the champions I want without it feeling like a terrible grind, but I play quite infrequently.
  • Garena LoL current rotation has Diana. Oh for the love of...I'm really enjoying her gameplay, I really do. Jungle survivability, tankiness due to refreshable shield, potential burst damage. I might set her as my next purchase once I have AP quints bought.

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    AP Jungle Soraka is more than viable, she buffs whole team and with the right rune setup, you don't even need the blue buff to get her rolling. She's beautiful and terrifying all at the same time.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • If I ever had you on my team jungling with Soraka, I will kill you and everything you stand for.
    Soraka is bad in every single lane and you should feel bad for liking her.

• Just got back into playing, after an Achaea-induced hiatus. I'd forgotten how fun it is to jump on people's heads as Tristana.....
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm updating this now. Need more people to skype/lol with.

• Cooper said:
    It makes sense that people in LoL tend to play one champion over and over, though, rather than getting good with everyone, knowing that you have to buy champions to play them.

I bought Nami, Soraka, Ahri, Annie and Garen, all with the idea that I -WILL- learn them and be proficient with them. I may be lvl 12, but I'm pretty good as Soraka and Nami, so I'm probably gonna stick with support champs more than anything since it seems to be the only thing I'm good at so far XD
    meh

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Annie and Garen are lots of laughs, I just picked up Janna and had a ball with her too.
    Should come and play with me, @Trilliana!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • edited March 2013
    Annie is so good. A great mage to start out with for learning fundamentals like last-hitting, managing charges on her passive ("let's count to five!"), and using your full spell rotation to burst someone to death. Versatile and forgiving in terms of item builds. She remains competitive at higher levels of play. Also she is just a good and fun character. Although she went from having one great joke and one great taunt to one bad and one great joke and one bad and two great taunts, so using those is a bit like Russian roulette now...
  • I disagree about people wanting to learn different champs.

I think most league players choose a role or two -- say top and jungle, or mid and support -- and try to master a range of champs in that role.
  • You wanna play too? It'll be fun.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

Yay! Tibbers!

Annie was the first mage I played. I haven't played mid in a while, though. But apparently I scared Naix with my Annie ... when I predicted the route someone would run away, flashed over the wall and killed them. It was all luck, I swear!
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Yue said:
    I disagree about people wanting to learn different champs.

I think most league players choose a role or two -- say top and jungle, or mid and support -- and try to master a range of champs in that role.

Then again, it's fun to master every role. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I play whatever. First picks are for chumps

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I try to master every role. I think currently, my worse stint is as an AP mid. Even though Jarrod has scarred me from playing ADC, I think I'm beginning to pick up that role a little bit more. I just haven't decided which champ should be my second ADC purchase (currently only have Sivir).
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• My friends and I play like this:
    1. Call a roll
    2. Select your champion by clicking the random '?'
    3. Win lane and win game

Keeps things interesting :)
  • Other people call that trolling >P
  • @Ruth is just worried she can't live up to the greatness that is me on ADC, obviously.

As for roles, I have certain roles (jungle and ADC atm) that I prefer, but since I play ranked on occasion I have to be proficient in all roles, because winning in ranked is half playing well, and half making sure your team is happy so you all play well together.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Daklore: What? you have to lose games and go negative to be considered trolling

we win blind pick like that all day QQ
  • Get to 30 and play ranked already, noobs.

• I just went 16/2/11 with Wukong using 9/21 masteries and 29/12/12 with Ashe going 21/9 masteries. Not a bad night.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    For some reason, I keep playing ranked with a bunch of trolls. They don't get the role they want, they throw the game. :|

That said. I think I'm learning mf pretty well.

• I found a champion I like better than Nami and Soraka, even though it's still support, but I <3 Lulu SO much. Now if only people I play with will be less "GRR DOESN'T MATTER IF BEG BOTS, MUST WIN. YOU LULU, SUPPORT MEH AND DON'T TOUCH MINIONS" >.<
    meh

• But... supports aren't -supposed- to touch minions...
  • beginner bots though >.<
    meh

• RuthRuth Singapore
    @Trilliana: Let's play practise games together! You can support me!

• Ranked 5s team KKGO
    I play all roles: Jungle/Support>Top>Carry
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Now that I learned that NA LoL isn't region locked anymore, I might play.

Provided someone buys me a Battle Bunny Riven skin. :D

• Synbios said:
    Now that I learned that NA LoL isn't region locked anymore, I might play.

Whoa, really? Oh my god! Sign up and play please.

Where'd you get that news?

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Erasariel said:
    Synbios said:
    Now that I learned that NA LoL isn't region locked anymore, I might play.

Whoa, really? Oh my god! Sign up and play please.

Where'd you get that news?

My brother plays NA LoL.