Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• MithridatesMithridates Member Posts: 1,956 @ - Epic Achaean
    I miss old cataclysm
    TharvisTrevize
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    I miss old cataclysm
    The original? World-wide? :( Yes.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Trevize said:
    I miss old cataclysm
    That would be nice, but I'd settle for the area-wide one. 
    Tharvis
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trevize said:
    I miss old cataclysm
    That would be nice, but I'd settle for the area-wide one. 
    why was the range reduced anyway, was it abused in an event or something?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    All area ranged attacks were reduced to like 3 rooms. Encourages more LoS/adjacent/melee.
    Except certain monk skills and that priest nonsense.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    IDK, probably for the same reason a lot of things are nerfed.

• KaieKaie Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Yeah, I kind of miss star being area wide. Though, I completely understand the changes. Group combat was being reduced to meteor/choke whoring. Certain cities weren't even doing anything except holing up somewhere and trying ranged. Got real boring
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited February 2014
    I wish we couldn't totem entire subdivisions.  It's ridiculous.  I still want to keelhaul the person who took it upon himself to do Cyrene's up Mhaldor style as a "good deed".  Also, people who do good deeds.  Of course, said do gooder is long dormant.  
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,838 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Toteming entire subdivisions is fun. At least Cyrene gets priests with devo, I have to beg and plead for people with a sceptre to part my waters. :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,851 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,838 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Antonius: Hardly. Ashtan's subdivision is waterlogged and people would rather afk than be helpful. I think Akia might have been the only person to part water for me, and there's about 200 totems needing to be inplanted in water rooms.

Probably just be easier to foot the cost to terraform the water rooms for toteming.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

So for some reason I googled 'crying blood' at work this morning. Hopefully IT doesn't report me.
    But anyway the medical term is haemolacria ("tears of blood"). I thought it could be a nice gruesome ability to add to Infernals or Apostates. Possibly Shamans if not.

Best function I brainstormed was a 50% increase to all bleed additions while under the curse's temporary effect. If it was a Necro skill that'd mean a little more oomph for Deadeyes bleed, and overall more bleeding from Infernal rapiers, plus torso damage I guess.
    I thought maybe a gruesome eyesocket impale for Infernals but that's a little more than tears.

Maybe another Putrefaction defense but to protect against magic damage? I'm just blurting things but I want to see people cry blood. :(

Also: Bloodvision? to let the user see others' bleeding in the room.
  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:
    So for some reason I googled 'crying blood' at work this morning. Hopefully IT doesn't report me.
    But anyway the medical term is haemolacria ("tears of blood"). I thought it could be a nice gruesome ability to add to Infernals or Apostates. Possibly Shamans if not.

Best function I brainstormed was a 50% increase to all bleed additions while under the curse's temporary effect. If it was a Necro skill that'd mean a little more oomph for Deadeyes bleed, and overall more bleeding from Infernal rapiers, plus torso damage I guess.
    I thought maybe a gruesome eyesocket impale for Infernals but that's a little more than tears.

Maybe another Putrefaction defense but to protect against magic damage? I'm just blurting things but I want to see people cry blood. :(

Pls no for shamans. We do enough bleeding of things already.

Okay, admittedly, shaman may be the best fit. Haemolacria is actually a reaction to intense stress or anxiety. Blood vessels that narrow during stress dilate and rupture and the blood usually exits via the sweat glands. So basically, homeostasis is disrupted and the body struggles to maintain a kind of biochemical equilibrium.

Your idea made me think of the mummies in Azdun. This would be like them upsetting eq enough to make blood spill out your pores. Yay for anything that increases bleed damage. I miss the old way bleed used to work. 

• AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bluef said:
    Xith said:

Pls no for shamans. We do enough bleeding of things already.

Okay, admittedly, shaman may be the best fit. Haemolacria is actually a reaction to intense stress or anxiety. Blood vessels that narrow during stress dilate and rupture and the blood usually exits via the sweat glands. So basically, homeostasis is disrupted and the body struggles to maintain a kind of biochemical equilibrium.

Your idea made me think of the mummies in Azdun. This would be like them upsetting eq enough to make blood spill out your pores. Yay for anything that increases bleed damage. I miss the old way bleed used to work. 

So basically Xith wants us to have Curse Bleed?

You point an imperious finger at a black lamassu.
    Blood begins to flow from a black lamassu's pores.
    Bluef
    Yeah would rather it not be for shamans unless it replaces inflame for flavour
    AchimrstBluef
  • ShecksShecks Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    OP:

Worm Channel - make it work for useful things.
    Pinshot - increase duration to more than a few doublestabs worth of time, and/or make it stop evade, like hamstring.
    Backstab - decrease stun time to at maximum, the amount of balance time used to do the backstab. (only an issue with TF).
    Hypnosis - give us back mesmerize / make hypnosis chance of success scale better with hypnosis skill, or increase in general.  (it's quite low)

Raido - give it a delay.

Retardation - make it less viable for retardation traps / projectiles.  (prevent projectiles from hitting in retardation vibe?)

"Ignore the boos.  They usually come from the cheap seats."
    edited March 2014
    Man, you realize the only way you've killed me is in my own retardation, with your bow, right?

EDIT:recently, that is. You did lock me once. 
    Yeah with the hundred times people have mentioned nerfing projectile retardation, it's either going to happen, or it's going to be denied and then happen later anyway.

As for serpents, Worm Channel can be used with timed jester bombs, but having something serpents could use might be nice.
    Assuming the Garden goes the route of moving the Venoms skill, it'd be neat to see the physical and conjuring parts of Subt split into two skills or redefined. Allow temporary wormholes to use in conjunction with arrows/thrown daggers/backstab. Portal combat would be nifty.

Channelshot - a surprise arrow fired through the singularity.
    Shoot around corners and stuff. Not sure the requirements on setting up these mini-warps. Maybe I'm just getting a little too...

Vastus
    Why don't we just make it so retardation effects the magi only, and then turns his vibes against him? 
    Achimrst
    Man, you realize the only way you've killed me is in my own retardation, with your bow, right?

EDIT:recently, that is. You did lock me once. 
    It's equally stupid that I can kill you with nothing but a few arrows, as it is that you killed Fendrel with nothing but a few axes.
    It wasn't just a few axes. I could have killed him faster by using staffcast. I prepped him. It's not as simple as drop retardation, win. 
    edited March 2014
    It's as simple as two unpreventable leg breaks, drop retardation, win (sometimes).
    Magi has no parry bypass. At all. 
    Every class that can prone can bypass parry, including magi.  You can also just target head, that always does it.
  • CathyCathy Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Shecks said:
    Every class that can prone can bypass parry, including magi.  You can also just target head, that always does it.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
    KuyWessux
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,164 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Prone parry bypass only works if you have an attack which prones faster than the main abilities of the class you're fighting against. 

So no Magi don't really have a parry bypass (staffstrike air is like 3s eq?), unless you count when Plague randomly prones for ~1s. That's not a reasonable limitation to place on a Magi when saying they have a parry bypass :P
  • CathyCathy Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jovolo said:
    Prone parry bypass only works if you have an attack which prones faster than the main abilities of the class you're fighting against. 

So no Magi don't really have a parry bypass (staffstrike air is like 3s eq?), unless you count when Plague randomly prones for ~1s. That's not a reasonable limitation to place on a Magi when saying they have a parry bypass :P
    Well, you could break with an airstrike one one leg to prone/break for a hit on the other leg, but anyone smart would just change their parry to the recently broken leg.

I was "wat"ing at the go for head bit, I'm pretty sure I'd accept a magi breaking my head rather than legs.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • KuyKuy Member Posts: 1,497 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can web prep to bypass parry if you have lethal ink and the target doesn't have buckawn's.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,164 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can taint really fast if you go quick-witted Infernal with a diadem. (?)

Your sig is amazing though
Sign In to Comment.