Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• Yeah with the hundred times people have mentioned nerfing projectile retardation, it's either going to happen, or it's going to be denied and then happen later anyway.

As for serpents, Worm Channel can be used with timed jester bombs, but having something serpents could use might be nice.
    Assuming the Garden goes the route of moving the Venoms skill, it'd be neat to see the physical and conjuring parts of Subt split into two skills or redefined. Allow temporary wormholes to use in conjunction with arrows/thrown daggers/backstab. Portal combat would be nifty.

Channelshot - a surprise arrow fired through the singularity.
    Shoot around corners and stuff. Not sure the requirements on setting up these mini-warps. Maybe I'm just getting a little too...

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Why don't we just make it so retardation effects the magi only, and then turns his vibes against him? 

• Man, you realize the only way you've killed me is in my own retardation, with your bow, right?

EDIT:recently, that is. You did lock me once. 
    It's equally stupid that I can kill you with nothing but a few arrows, as it is that you killed Fendrel with nothing but a few axes.
  • It wasn't just a few axes. I could have killed him faster by using staffcast. I prepped him. It's not as simple as drop retardation, win. 

• edited March 2014
    It's as simple as two unpreventable leg breaks, drop retardation, win (sometimes).
  • Magi has no parry bypass. At all. 

• Every class that can prone can bypass parry, including magi.  You can also just target head, that always does it.
  • Shecks said:
    Every class that can prone can bypass parry, including magi.  You can also just target head, that always does it.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Prone parry bypass only works if you have an attack which prones faster than the main abilities of the class you're fighting against. 

So no Magi don't really have a parry bypass (staffstrike air is like 3s eq?), unless you count when Plague randomly prones for ~1s. That's not a reasonable limitation to place on a Magi when saying they have a parry bypass :P
  • Jovolo said:
    Prone parry bypass only works if you have an attack which prones faster than the main abilities of the class you're fighting against. 

So no Magi don't really have a parry bypass (staffstrike air is like 3s eq?), unless you count when Plague randomly prones for ~1s. That's not a reasonable limitation to place on a Magi when saying they have a parry bypass :P
    Well, you could break with an airstrike one one leg to prone/break for a hit on the other leg, but anyone smart would just change their parry to the recently broken leg.

I was "wat"ing at the go for head bit, I'm pretty sure I'd accept a magi breaking my head rather than legs.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • You can web prep to bypass parry if you have lethal ink and the target doesn't have buckawn's.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • You can taint really fast if you go quick-witted Infernal with a diadem. (?)

Your sig is amazing though
  • The "counterpoint" was only really meant to contrast against your point in what we realistically expect of combatants, practically, and the benefits of those - i.e. it is not in an Infernal's best interest to go quick-witted with a diadem and full intelligence stats to try and taint someone to death. 

I never said Magi absolutely cannot bypass parry, just that the limitations placed upon a Magi in order to attempt to bypass parry outweigh the benefits of selecting these limitations (giving up a major trait slot for something that provides small benefit in working practise). 

You extrapolated your own subjective interpretations of a comment made to address the irrelevance and obnoxiousness of saying "Every class that can prone can bypass parry, Magi included." Context is everything.

I still love you, but this is a pointless argument of semantics in saying "No, that's what I thought you meant" and "No, I DIDN'T MEAN THAT." that I just don't want to get involved in.

<3
  • KuyKuy
    edited March 2014
    Jovolo said:
    The "counterpoint" was only really meant to contrast against your point in what we realistically expect of combatants, practically, and the benefits of those - i.e. it is not in an Infernal's best interest to go quick-witted with a diadem and full intelligence stats to try and taint someone to death. 

I never said Magi absolutely cannot bypass parry, just that the limitations placed upon a Magi in order to attempt to bypass parry outweigh the benefits of selecting these limitations (giving up a major trait slot for something that provides small benefit in working practise). 

You extrapolated your own subjective interpretations of a comment made to address the irrelevance and obnoxiousness of saying "Every class that can prone can bypass parry, Magi included." Context is everything.

I still love you, but this is a pointless argument of semantics in saying "No, that's what I thought you meant" and "No, I DIDN'T MEAN THAT." that I just don't want to get involved in.

<3
    Oh.

I think you missed something here.  I was commenting on the stuff between Shecks and Mithridates.

I don't know anything at all about knight combat.  Screw that.  Too much think.

P.s. Nothing I said was from anything subjective.  I don't do subjective.  I was merely pointing out that when Mithridates said Magi have no means of bypassing parry, he was wrong.  I hope that clears it up.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited March 2014
    EDIT: I'm not even going to try to argue against this silliness. You're overthinking this whole thing, @Kuy. Just because someone CAN do something, doesn't mean it's practical or even worthwhile. Your argument was stupid, at best. 

• edited March 2014
    I will point out that magi don't need to prep both legs to achieve what they want. 

Edit: Which is why I'm sort of cool about us not really having parry bypass now that we can't transfix off illusion much anymore.
  • Does anyone even have @Sheck's credentials as a magi?

• edited March 2014
    Air staffstrike is 2.1s -2.3s balance for me roughly, no nimble.

• 2.13 average. 

• I wouldn't really factor in nimble for magi, no magi should be traited for nimble, unless they have the trait swapping artefact.
  • edited March 2014
    Kaden said:
    I will point out that magi don't need to prep both legs to achieve what they want. 

Edit: Which is why I'm sort of cool about us not really having parry bypass now that we can't transfix off illusion much anymore.

This is also a good point.  You don't need a double leg break.  If your opponent static parries one leg, you can always just break the other (and optionally, their head) then drop retardation.  Implying that having a broken head in retardation is not a big deal is silly.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Xith said:
    Best function I brainstormed was a 50% increase to all bleed additions while under the curse's temporary effect.
    If any class gets this I think it should be one I fight with.. alot.. or Blademasters.. why? because that's a brokenstar off a para impale <_<

Shecks said:
    OP:
    Pinshot - increase duration to more than a few doublestabs worth of time, and/or make it stop evade, like hamstring.

>_> If you knock the timer down to 9 seconds, and slightly slowed movement speed instead of chance to not leave the room you can have hamstring. also not allowed to work with bows. melee only and doesn't do anything if target is already mounted. oh and if they fly 

Also unlike Pinshot doesn't have a chance to stop wings

• Yeah combining the proposed "haemolacria" 50% bonus bleed with any of the other significant bleed classes would be wicked. No more wicked than combining any two classes but you know.

I just think it'd be sick flavour. Don't care what the function is.
    Xith's features contort in anguish as tears of blood stream down his cheeks.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2014
    Xith said:
    Yeah combining the proposed "haemolacria" 50% bonus bleed with any of the other significant bleed classes would be wicked. No more wicked than combining any two classes but you know.

I just think it'd be sick flavour. Don't care what the function is.
    Xith's features contort in anguish as tears of blood stream down his cheeks.
    I guess you actually have a point there since about the same setup that would need, a priest could absolve off from normally.

• edited March 2014
    Caladbolg said:
    Shecks said:
    OP:
    Pinshot - increase duration to more than a few doublestabs worth of time, and/or make it stop evade, like hamstring.

>_> If you knock the timer down to 9 seconds, and slightly slowed movement speed instead of chance to not leave the room you can have hamstring. also not allowed to work with bows. melee only and doesn't do anything if target is already mounted. oh and if they fly 

Also unlike Pinshot doesn't have a chance to stop wings
    All I was trying to say was add hindering evade to Pinshot, similar to hamstring, not make the entire skill like hamstring.
  • edited March 2014
    Skill I'd like to see changed: waterweird. It needs to summon tsunamis on a 10s tick that drown everyone, instantly killing everyone... because it's a tsunami. Then the waterweird laughs and summons ANOTHER tsunami except that it's a SOUL tsunami, and if you haven't prayed yet your character perma dies and you have to roll a new character and re-buy all your credits and artefacts. And then a residual tsunami hits THAT character too, cuz waterweird don't fuck around, and you get knocked back -100 levels that take the same amount of time to gain as 1-100, so now you have to work TWICE as hard to get there, but once you hit lvl 1 the waterweird bitchslaps you and you get IP banned.

This would make mages and sylvans at the very least just below par with the average combatant. Still needs more buffs, but we can start small
  • Sylvan is one of the top three best classes right now.  Magi is the only class in the game that has retardation.

Nuff said.
  • How... is Sylvan...
  • edited March 2014
    Because it's one of a few classes that have a setup that is a guaranteed kill once set up.  I'm not referring to a simple double leg/torso setup, but even that has a pretty massive success rate.  I'm not going to get trolled into another argument about this.  Sylvan is arguably the best defensive class in the game, has invisible affliction curing every 10 seconds, has reflections, and has a limb damage pre-based instant kill that is virtually unstoppable once prepared and played right.  The combination of those two things are worth far more than the sum of its parts, as it gives Sylvan one of the best slow-prep strategies imagineable - shield + rebounding + reflections + panacea + prismatic, allowing it to turtle indefinitely, while inching towards the inevitable heartseed/torso.