Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Arditi said:

Shamelessly stolen idea: Add rooftops to urban areas, allow Serpents to swing up into them, people with wings to land on them, etc. You could even add totems up there to get @Kyrra's vote.

Basically, this is to make Noose usable in cities. Not that Noose will kill anyone, but hey, it's flavorful.

I've wanted this for years.

Make it so non-serpents (by giving serpents an ability that gives immunity) have a (relatively small) chance to slide off and land in the streets below if it's raining/snowing.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • RaynRayn thomasvilleMember Posts: 32
    edited January 2014
    give sylvans a skill that is viable for hunting "before" they dish out the 1290 lessons for viridian...
    maybe make them be able to double thornrend? dtrend=same as dstab, but with vines? ((they could have two vines going....))

she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    Rayn said:

give sylvans a skill that is viable for hunting "before" they dish out the 1290 lessons for viridian...
    maybe make them be able to double thornrend? dtrend=same as dstab, but with vines? ((they could have two vines going....))

Firelash was moved down a crazy amount already.

Also, if I do my math right, with the changes in credits for levels, you'll have enough to reach Viridian at level 65 - which is plenty low enough to be good with firelash up to there. This is assuming only level lessons/credits, and that you don't spend lessons in groves/concoctions.

Numbers if anyone cares, but I tossed a quick sheet in excel... 150 lessons to start, 5 per level, 5 bound credits at level 7, after that it's 4+level/5 for multiples of 5. (excel formula =IF(MOD(A4,5)=0,A4/5+4,0) - seems right?)

Level - Total Lessons
    5 - 165
    7 - 205
    10 - 256
    15 - 323
    20 - 396
    25 - 475
    30 - 560
    35 - 651
    40 - 748
    45 - 851
    50 - 960
    55 - 1075
    60 - 1196
    65 - 1323
    70 - 1456
    75 - 1595
    80 - 1740

I'm happy with the way things are now. :)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Kyrra
    Trevize said:

Rayn said:

Firelash was moved down a crazy amount already.

Also, if I do my math right, with the changes in credits for levels, you'll have enough to reach Viridian at level 65 - which is plenty low enough to be good with firelash up to there. This is assuming only level lessons/credits, and that you don't spend lessons in groves/concoctions.

Numbers if anyone cares, but I tossed a quick sheet in excel... 150 lessons to start, 5 per level, 5 bound credits at level 7, after that it's 4+level/5 for multiples of 5. (excel formula =IF(MOD(A4,5)=0,A4/5+4,0) - seems right?)

Level - Total Lessons
    5 - 165
    7 - 205
    10 - 256
    15 - 323
    20 - 396
    25 - 475
    30 - 560
    35 - 651
    40 - 748
    45 - 851
    50 - 960
    55 - 1075
    60 - 1196
    65 - 1323
    70 - 1456
    75 - 1595
    80 - 1740

I'm happy with the way things are now. :)
    got mine at 62, with gifted credits, no conc/no groves, and bought credits, juuuust barely scraping by with 1290.... but thank you for the chart! I was wonering abou t all that stuff!
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,573 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trevize said:

I've wanted this for years.

Make it so non-serpents (by giving serpents an ability that gives immunity) have a (relatively small) chance to slide off and land in the streets below if it's raining/snowing.

Non-serpents, non-blademasters.

Lucaine Pyramides ran through Seleucarian rooftops, carrying a princess. While effortlessly dodging rain(or at least ran in a way that made sure the princess was never touched by a single raindrop.

Blademasters OP.

That being said, rooftop battles would be awesome(because Attack on Titan and other anime productions that feature rooftop fights).

MelodieWessux
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,037 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Lucaine Pyramides can carry me across the rooftops any day. :x
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
    VerilyLilianNimSynbios
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:

Lucaine Pyramides can carry me across the rooftops any day. :x

Agreed. Time spent running across rooftops is time spent not writing poetry.

MelodieSynbios
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Expecting all blademasters to be capable of Lucaine's feats is like expecting all serpents to eat their siblings!
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iocun said:

Expecting all blademasters to be capable of Lucaine's feats is like expecting all serpents to eat their siblings!

You mean they don't?
    SynbiosTrevize
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iocun said:

All serpents should get a dirk filled with poisonous acid.

• FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey TakeyMember Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'd like to see alertness work while phased like it used to, before this unannounced change went in.
    JurixeKaitali
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itMember Posts: 1,661 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    I was told about ^ tonight. I don't understand why this change was made, and more importantly, why it wasn't announced. The whole point of phase + alertness is to better lie in wait for someone - now we'll have to squint (dir) x1000 to continuously check for our target instead? :/ Why was such a big change not made known before it was made live?

Of course, if this was just a bug and I'm just jumping the gun, my apologies and feel free to ignore it!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

FenBoosteya
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Or, you know, you can use that AWAIT ability which has been sitting in subterfuge since forever, specifically designed for the purpose you just mentioned.
    Someone was gonna eat them anyways, sooner or later, and I thought they'd rather it be their brother than some smelly foreigner.
    Sena said:

Daeir said:

Or, you know, you can use that AWAIT ability which has been sitting in subterfuge since forever, specifically designed for the purpose you just mentioned.

There are a lot of situations where you want to lie in wait for someone but not actually follow them (either because it would just be useless or because it would actually prevent/hinder whatever it is you're doing), or wait for multiple people, or wait for someone you don't know the identity of, or you don't know who will be leading the group (not sure if it's still the case, but await used to not fire if the target came in following someone), or you just want to be more prepared and aware of your surroundings and aren't specifically waiting for something.
    Also, await hasn't worked 100% correctly since probably 2004. Either you couldn't use it while phased, or you could use it while phase but it wouldn't actually follow anyone, etc. Not to mention the fact that now, since await uses balance, if someone autowalks through the room there's almost no chance that you'll start to follow them and actually make it out of the initial room.
    Await uses balance when you start following now, not just when you start waiting? That would make it almost entirely useless, following without balance was pretty much the entire point. The only other benefit is following someone when you aren't able to leave the room normally for whatever reason (the only exits are one-way or special exits, or it's a room that does something on entering), which isn't very common.
    Sena said:

Await uses balance when you start following now, not just when you start waiting? That would make it almost entirely useless, following without balance was pretty much the entire point. The only other benefit is following someone when you aren't able to leave the room normally for whatever reason (the only exits are one-way or special exits, or it's a room that does something on entering), which isn't very common.

It used to be that it didn't, then it did. Granted, I haven't tested it in almost two years, so I don't know how it works these days.
  • KaieKaie Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I would like to see Jack-in-the-box's timer shortened a little. 12 seconds is kind of a long time to wait for a kill to complete, possibly one of the longest if not the longest in the game. The reason I'd like that to happen is mostly because of the mechanics behind Jester combat. It's primarily based around massively hindering the opponent with afflictions such as mangled limbs, aeon, webbing. Only nothing we have stops tumble once started, and even in the best case scenarios tumble still moves the victim out of the room way before JITB can complete. Once the target moves, there is no point in chasing and restarting JITB since, obviously if it failed the first time it won't work now that they have even less afflictions. So, anyone with a decent curing system and a brain (or half a brain and prior experience against jester) shouldn't really die to JITB unless they somehow manage to fall asleep at the keyboard.

Scaling it down to 8 or 9 seconds would be a lot more reasonable and more on par with death and some other kills in terms of speed, giving a little more reliability. It would still require effort and work to pull off, but would offer a half decent chance of succeeding since the window of opportunity would be tighter and unlike Death tarot is not hidden in blackout, so no sneaky tricks there.
    Kafziel
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,164 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If only you actually had Death Tarot to use instead.

????

IocunNemutaurHhaosEld
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well, if your problem is tumble, then you know where to begin. Look into ways to prevent tumbling and work that into your strategy. JITB is fine.
    Wilderness dashing/galloping would be so cool. Don't think it would be unreasonably OP either. Possibly change the max distance to 5 steps or so when being used in the wilderness and have it not work in terrain like mountains.
    Dashing in the wilderness/subdivision has been on The List for years.
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Did I remember that being added recently? Or was that somethin-- oh. It was just the # of steps to gallop
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    make heartseed faster :3
    MelodieEld
Sign In to Comment.