Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• Someone was gonna eat them anyways, sooner or later, and I thought they'd rather it be their brother than some smelly foreigner.
  • FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    Sena said:

Daeir said:

Or, you know, you can use that AWAIT ability which has been sitting in subterfuge since forever, specifically designed for the purpose you just mentioned.

There are a lot of situations where you want to lie in wait for someone but not actually follow them (either because it would just be useless or because it would actually prevent/hinder whatever it is you're doing), or wait for multiple people, or wait for someone you don't know the identity of, or you don't know who will be leading the group (not sure if it's still the case, but await used to not fire if the target came in following someone), or you just want to be more prepared and aware of your surroundings and aren't specifically waiting for something.
    Also, await hasn't worked 100% correctly since probably 2004. Either you couldn't use it while phased, or you could use it while phase but it wouldn't actually follow anyone, etc. Not to mention the fact that now, since await uses balance, if someone autowalks through the room there's almost no chance that you'll start to follow them and actually make it out of the initial room.
  • Await uses balance when you start following now, not just when you start waiting? That would make it almost entirely useless, following without balance was pretty much the entire point. The only other benefit is following someone when you aren't able to leave the room normally for whatever reason (the only exits are one-way or special exits, or it's a room that does something on entering), which isn't very common.
  • FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    Sena said:

Await uses balance when you start following now, not just when you start waiting? That would make it almost entirely useless, following without balance was pretty much the entire point. The only other benefit is following someone when you aren't able to leave the room normally for whatever reason (the only exits are one-way or special exits, or it's a room that does something on entering), which isn't very common.

It used to be that it didn't, then it did. Granted, I haven't tested it in almost two years, so I don't know how it works these days.
  • I would like to see Jack-in-the-box's timer shortened a little. 12 seconds is kind of a long time to wait for a kill to complete, possibly one of the longest if not the longest in the game. The reason I'd like that to happen is mostly because of the mechanics behind Jester combat. It's primarily based around massively hindering the opponent with afflictions such as mangled limbs, aeon, webbing. Only nothing we have stops tumble once started, and even in the best case scenarios tumble still moves the victim out of the room way before JITB can complete. Once the target moves, there is no point in chasing and restarting JITB since, obviously if it failed the first time it won't work now that they have even less afflictions. So, anyone with a decent curing system and a brain (or half a brain and prior experience against jester) shouldn't really die to JITB unless they somehow manage to fall asleep at the keyboard.

Scaling it down to 8 or 9 seconds would be a lot more reasonable and more on par with death and some other kills in terms of speed, giving a little more reliability. It would still require effort and work to pull off, but would offer a half decent chance of succeeding since the window of opportunity would be tighter and unlike Death tarot is not hidden in blackout, so no sneaky tricks there.
  • If only you actually had Death Tarot to use instead.

????

• Wilderness dashing/galloping would be so cool. Don't think it would be unreasonably OP either. Possibly change the max distance to 5 steps or so when being used in the wilderness and have it not work in terrain like mountains.
  • Dashing in the wilderness/subdivision has been on The List for years.
  • Did I remember that being added recently? Or was that somethin-- oh. It was just the # of steps to gallop
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • RaynRayn thomasville
    make heartseed faster :3
    she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • I miss old cataclysm

• I miss old cataclysm
    The original? World-wide? :( Yes.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    I miss old cataclysm
    That would be nice, but I'd settle for the area-wide one. 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Trevize said:
    I miss old cataclysm
    That would be nice, but I'd settle for the area-wide one. 
    why was the range reduced anyway, was it abused in an event or something?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• All area ranged attacks were reduced to like 3 rooms. Encourages more LoS/adjacent/melee.
    Except certain monk skills and that priest nonsense.
  • IDK, probably for the same reason a lot of things are nerfed.

• Yeah, I kind of miss star being area wide. Though, I completely understand the changes. Group combat was being reduced to meteor/choke whoring. Certain cities weren't even doing anything except holing up somewhere and trying ranged. Got real boring
  • edited February 2014
    I wish we couldn't totem entire subdivisions.  It's ridiculous.  I still want to keelhaul the person who took it upon himself to do Cyrene's up Mhaldor style as a "good deed".  Also, people who do good deeds.  Of course, said do gooder is long dormant.  
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Toteming entire subdivisions is fun. At least Cyrene gets priests with devo, I have to beg and plead for people with a sceptre to part my waters. :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Antonius: Hardly. Ashtan's subdivision is waterlogged and people would rather afk than be helpful. I think Akia might have been the only person to part water for me, and there's about 200 totems needing to be inplanted in water rooms.

Probably just be easier to foot the cost to terraform the water rooms for toteming.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• So for some reason I googled 'crying blood' at work this morning. Hopefully IT doesn't report me.
    But anyway the medical term is haemolacria ("tears of blood"). I thought it could be a nice gruesome ability to add to Infernals or Apostates. Possibly Shamans if not.

Best function I brainstormed was a 50% increase to all bleed additions while under the curse's temporary effect. If it was a Necro skill that'd mean a little more oomph for Deadeyes bleed, and overall more bleeding from Infernal rapiers, plus torso damage I guess.
    I thought maybe a gruesome eyesocket impale for Infernals but that's a little more than tears.

Maybe another Putrefaction defense but to protect against magic damage? I'm just blurting things but I want to see people cry blood. :(

Also: Bloodvision? to let the user see others' bleeding in the room.
  • Xith said:
    So for some reason I googled 'crying blood' at work this morning. Hopefully IT doesn't report me.
    But anyway the medical term is haemolacria ("tears of blood"). I thought it could be a nice gruesome ability to add to Infernals or Apostates. Possibly Shamans if not.

Best function I brainstormed was a 50% increase to all bleed additions while under the curse's temporary effect. If it was a Necro skill that'd mean a little more oomph for Deadeyes bleed, and overall more bleeding from Infernal rapiers, plus torso damage I guess.
    I thought maybe a gruesome eyesocket impale for Infernals but that's a little more than tears.

Maybe another Putrefaction defense but to protect against magic damage? I'm just blurting things but I want to see people cry blood. :(

Pls no for shamans. We do enough bleeding of things already.

Okay, admittedly, shaman may be the best fit. Haemolacria is actually a reaction to intense stress or anxiety. Blood vessels that narrow during stress dilate and rupture and the blood usually exits via the sweat glands. So basically, homeostasis is disrupted and the body struggles to maintain a kind of biochemical equilibrium.

Your idea made me think of the mummies in Azdun. This would be like them upsetting eq enough to make blood spill out your pores. Yay for anything that increases bleed damage. I miss the old way bleed used to work. 

• Bluef said:
    Xith said:
    So for some reason I googled 'crying blood' at work this morning. Hopefully IT doesn't report me.

Pls no for shamans. We do enough bleeding of things already.

Okay, admittedly, shaman may be the best fit. Haemolacria is actually a reaction to intense stress or anxiety. Blood vessels that narrow during stress dilate and rupture and the blood usually exits via the sweat glands. So basically, homeostasis is disrupted and the body struggles to maintain a kind of biochemical equilibrium.

Your idea made me think of the mummies in Azdun. This would be like them upsetting eq enough to make blood spill out your pores. Yay for anything that increases bleed damage. I miss the old way bleed used to work. 

So basically Xith wants us to have Curse Bleed?

You point an imperious finger at a black lamassu.
    Blood begins to flow from a black lamassu's pores.
  • Yeah would rather it not be for shamans unless it replaces inflame for flavour
  • OP:

Worm Channel - make it work for useful things.
    Pinshot - increase duration to more than a few doublestabs worth of time, and/or make it stop evade, like hamstring.
    Backstab - decrease stun time to at maximum, the amount of balance time used to do the backstab. (only an issue with TF).
    Hypnosis - give us back mesmerize / make hypnosis chance of success scale better with hypnosis skill, or increase in general.  (it's quite low)

Raido - give it a delay.

Retardation - make it less viable for retardation traps / projectiles.  (prevent projectiles from hitting in retardation vibe?)

• edited March 2014
    Man, you realize the only way you've killed me is in my own retardation, with your bow, right?

EDIT:recently, that is. You did lock me once.