Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited September 2013
    Tarkanian said:
    archery skills for BMs.
    Would be willing to sacrifice Doya AND Shin Burst for this.

ETA: Eff you, quotes.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Borran
  • TarkanianTarkanian Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sylvance said:
    Tarkanian said:
    archery skills for BMs.

i'd like to clarify that i didn't mean a whole slew of new archery skills, maybe a lesser version of what knights have. but, eh.

would be extremely nice, though, if i can use my bow not just for meteors.
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    Yeah but that's like <insert class> is overpowered with torc of telepathy. Whether it was intended or not, some arties actually do give too much power just cause somebody had money. Ring of flying is actually a good example.
    On people that use normal-speed flight, I can drop a timed butterfly bomb for 8-9 seconds and wind jitb. They'll fly around 6 seconds and get knocked right back down. With ring of flying they can fly and move an extra room to dodge the bomb.

But since people paid and blah blah, they can't go back on it now. Or won't. So yeah arties make people overpowered.
    But just console yourself in the knowledge that anyone who uses shackle+balloon is a chicken shit.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    Mako
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tarkanian said:
    Sylvance said:
    Tarkanian said:
    archery skills for BMs.

i'd like to clarify that i didn't mean a whole slew of new archery skills, maybe a lesser version of what knights have. but, eh.

would be extremely nice, though, if i can use my bow not just for meteors.
    I really don't think it's needed, honestly. Blademasters have exceptional melee prowess that they pay for by having almost no ranged capacity. I could accept expanding that capacity with Shindo somehow (maybe making burst line of sight and do a marginal amount more damage), but giving them access to a very powerful ranged alternative (archery with aiming/accuracy improvement skills) would be overkill.
    KyrraTarkanianSynbios
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for a double post (timelock on editing is annoying as balls), but I was thinking about Serpent instakills and realized that execute kind of blows. For those unfamiliar with it, the target has to be prone to start it, and remain prone throughout the whole duration. Halfway through the skill, they get dealt a large amount of damage (I believe it is percentage based, but I am not certain) which will wake them up if they are sleeping. Presumably, this is to stop sleeplocks from being a viable kill strategy in itself (except it doesn't really since someone can behead in the same time it takes to execute anyway), since it is quite difficult to prevent them from standing up once they wake up from sleep, even with them being bound.

That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the two instant kills that Serpents have access to both essentially require the target to be hard/truelocked in order to pull them off. Other classes can get by through hindering or have other paths they can follow to reach an insta, whereas a Serpent is effectively stuck with pulling off locks in order to snag instas. Between things like enlightenment, tzantza, absolve, incinerate, aurification, damnation (I think), brokenstar, freezepound, stacked bbt, radiance and so on it feels like many classes have access to an extremely straightforward kill path, while Serpent doesn't have anything at all. You could argue that gunning for locks is straightforward, but it really isn't on some people and some strategies are contingent on chance to function properly given the degree of RNG involvement in Serpent skills.

What I would like to see is something given to Serpents that would allow them to perhaps use voyria more effectively, given the theme of the class, or have execute's functionality changed somehow to allow it more viable use outside of a subterfuge replacement for behead. I can't reasonably suggest something in depth since I doubt I would really do it justice, but something that could consolidate a Serpent's strength in 1v1 beyond simply locking or archery would be a great addition, in my opinion.
    BorranSylvance
  • BorranBorran Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Noosing could be reworked to kill targets below. Still prevented by breathing.

Slitting.... there is probably some way to exploit this. Don't change it until I mess with it.

Voyria would be nice if we had some skill to accelerate it. Maybe scytherus's blood thinning could allow voyria to take hold faster.

Execute is awesome for flavor, though. I don't know how you would change it.

Sylvance
    Wormhole kill skill plz!

edited September 2013
    @Synbios: something like a "blanket" aff like whisperingmadness which prevents voyria from being cured until it is cured, or forces voyria to be a herb cure for a short duration - and I mean short, 8-10s short, instead of the ridiculousness that is apostate stain persisting for a minute and a half. So something basically happens where a serpent sets you up for a voyria kill, starts it off, and then what both you and he do in the next 10 seconds determines whether you live or die.
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2013
    I'll take a class who can truelock over a class who can't but has three different main killing options any day. Nothing's as fun as locking.
    BorranSidoniaDartegaSaibel
  • StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
    Daeir said:
    @Synbios: something like a "blanket" aff like whisperingmadness which prevents voyria from being cured until it is cured, or forces voyria to be a herb cure for a short duration - and I mean short, 8-10s short, instead of the ridiculousness that is apostate stain persisting for a minute and a half. So something basically happens where a serpent sets you up for a voyria kill, starts it off, and then what both you and he do in the next 10 seconds determines whether you live or die.
    but.... if I wanted to kill people like that I'd just be an occultist?
    Iocun said:

I'll take a class who can truelock over a class who can't but has three different main killing options any day. Nothing's as fun as locking.

Yeah.. our kill method is locking. we have plenty of ways to kill once they are locked, so it's not really an issue.

• JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,246 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lol. It'll be a "new original idea" when the next classlead comes out and then again when the following one is released ;)
    I would like to see some variations in Chivalry so people can sword and board or viably ruh a 2 hander.

Balkin
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wtf did you just say
    ChryenthSylvance
  • EllodinEllodin HawaiiMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 951 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    weirdly, i actually think rapiers are fitting - they're most effective in duels, while in group fights, sometimes the burst damage from things like broadswords or battleaxes is more appreciated

remove dual wielding though, sure
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rapier-dirkparrying dagger stance, please.

• FitzFitz Fire and SpiceMember Posts: 599 @ - Epic Achaean
    Ellodin said:
    weirdly, i actually think rapiers are fitting - they're most effective in duels, while in group fights, sometimes the burst damage from things like broadswords or battleaxes is more appreciated

remove dual wielding though, sure
    Given that most Knights wear field or articulated full plate, dual slashing with rapiers, from an immersive standpoint makes very little sense. Given the idea of the plate, the chain in the joints, and the padded gambeson. Flails and shield bashing are clearly the way to go!

• EchaldEchald Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

The shields of Achaea suffers the same problems as the shields in D&D 3.0: they are boring and passive, for the most part being little more than armor you got in your hand. The shield of absorption is popular, but that's because most classes have little else to do with that second hand most of the time and the absorption effect is rather effective in most situations.

If you want knights that actually use a shield, it would need to have specific abilities that you can use a shield with that would compensate for the lower damage and venoms count. Form the shield wall, block arrows and such with that big tower shield for ten seconds, or whatever.

MelodieSenaNim
  • SidoniaSidonia Member Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2013

Echald said:
    snip
    http://wiki.imperian.com/Shielddance

Can we plz have Wardancers in Achaea
    SenaCathy
  • KaieKaie Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    @Katzchen Do you actually read posts before replying to them, or are those wandering eyes flitting back and forth too bad for you to focus on lines of text? I just pointed out the fact if you fly normally, you lose balance and simply get hit by a triggered tentacle tattoo. I guess, we could spend our days reflexing fly and tentacle. Also, @Xith, since I don't know any other jesters currently owning a shackle I have to assume you're calling me a "chicken shit". I find that to be really ironic since you're the mastermind who spent like 30 minutes trying to team me in Moghedu and crying over CT that you're being beat up. I believe that ended with you eventually running home to Ashtan and getting friendly with your city guards.. perhaps too friendly since they killed you soon after.
    EchaldMako
    @Kaie If the boot fits.
    Also, slight exaggeration, but yeah in Ashtan, we sometimes let everyone know when well-despised city enemies are floating around, which I did exactly once. You did conveniently leave out who started the teaming.
    And I got "friendly" with the city guards in that you puppet commanded me to kick one.

So yeah, shackle + force kick... the chicken shit tally is pretty clear. :P
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kaie said:
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    @Katzchen Do you actually read posts before replying to them, or are those wandering eyes flitting back and forth too bad for you to focus on lines of text? I just pointed out the fact if you fly normally, you lose balance and simply get hit by a triggered tentacle tattoo. I guess, we could spend our days reflexing fly and tentacle. Also, @Xith, since I don't know any other jesters currently owning a shackle I have to assume you're calling me a "chicken shit". I find that to be really ironic since you're the mastermind who spent like 30 minutes trying to team me in Moghedu and crying over CT that you're being beat up. I believe that ended with you eventually running home to Ashtan and getting friendly with your city guards.. perhaps too friendly since they killed you soon after.
    So... same problem -every single other class- has, along with jesters without a shackle?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• SidoniaSidonia Member Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Xith vs Kaie forum argument:

XithSylvanceKaieShirszae
  • BambizloBambizlo Member Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    So... same problem -every single other class- has, along with jesters without a shackle?
    To be fair, jester also has one of the fewest options available for straight-up tanking with available class defenses: acrobatics (which only is effective vs. unartied monks and BMs since knight accuracy/speed-with-correct-poisons makes avoidance fairly irrelevant) and balancing. Now I'm not speaking for or against shackle tactics but it ends up being a hairline balance act for a jester between being able to mount an offense and being bursted down hard - quick escapes are pretty much a necessity. That said, I'd trade balloon tactics and backflip for evade in a heartbeat. :P
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2013
    @Bambizlo I'm no combat addict, so I don't really know. But people tell me that one shackle trick makes many combat tactics pretty much impossible. That seems largely OP.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

Mako
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sidonia said:
    Xith vs Kaie forum argument:
    ftfy
    SimolnMelodieDaeir
    Yeah up at my health level of 87, with a few arties, I still have to mix in a priestess here and there just to tank the damage that people can land in between my hindering and things.
    What sucks is that people hate being entangled for a whole fight and that's almost the only way a jester can survive. So the class is sometimes forced to resort to "OP" things just to function, and then those things get nerfed and we're left with less. That's why I don't appreciate the shackle/balloon thing cause sooner or later it could get balloon itself nerfed, which is detrimental to the people that don't want to buy a shackle.
  • KaieKaie Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited September 2013
    Nevermind, I don't even need to say how dumb that comment was
    Bluef
Sign In to Comment.