Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• Wtf did you just say
  • weirdly, i actually think rapiers are fitting - they're most effective in duels, while in group fights, sometimes the burst damage from things like broadswords or battleaxes is more appreciated

remove dual wielding though, sure
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Rapier-dirkparrying dagger stance, please.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Ellodin said:
    weirdly, i actually think rapiers are fitting - they're most effective in duels, while in group fights, sometimes the burst damage from things like broadswords or battleaxes is more appreciated

remove dual wielding though, sure
    Given that most Knights wear field or articulated full plate, dual slashing with rapiers, from an immersive standpoint makes very little sense. Given the idea of the plate, the chain in the joints, and the padded gambeson. Flails and shield bashing are clearly the way to go!

• The shields of Achaea suffers the same problems as the shields in D&D 3.0: they are boring and passive, for the most part being little more than armor you got in your hand. The shield of absorption is popular, but that's because most classes have little else to do with that second hand most of the time and the absorption effect is rather effective in most situations.

If you want knights that actually use a shield, it would need to have specific abilities that you can use a shield with that would compensate for the lower damage and venoms count. Form the shield wall, block arrows and such with that big tower shield for ten seconds, or whatever.

• edited September 2013

Echald said:
    snip
    http://wiki.imperian.com/Shielddance

Can we plz have Wardancers in Achaea
  • Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    @Katzchen Do you actually read posts before replying to them, or are those wandering eyes flitting back and forth too bad for you to focus on lines of text? I just pointed out the fact if you fly normally, you lose balance and simply get hit by a triggered tentacle tattoo. I guess, we could spend our days reflexing fly and tentacle. Also, @Xith, since I don't know any other jesters currently owning a shackle I have to assume you're calling me a "chicken shit". I find that to be really ironic since you're the mastermind who spent like 30 minutes trying to team me in Moghedu and crying over CT that you're being beat up. I believe that ended with you eventually running home to Ashtan and getting friendly with your city guards.. perhaps too friendly since they killed you soon after.
  • @Kaie If the boot fits.
    Also, slight exaggeration, but yeah in Ashtan, we sometimes let everyone know when well-despised city enemies are floating around, which I did exactly once. You did conveniently leave out who started the teaming.
    And I got "friendly" with the city guards in that you puppet commanded me to kick one.

So yeah, shackle + force kick... the chicken shit tally is pretty clear. :P
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Kaie said:
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    @Katzchen Do you actually read posts before replying to them, or are those wandering eyes flitting back and forth too bad for you to focus on lines of text? I just pointed out the fact if you fly normally, you lose balance and simply get hit by a triggered tentacle tattoo. I guess, we could spend our days reflexing fly and tentacle. Also, @Xith, since I don't know any other jesters currently owning a shackle I have to assume you're calling me a "chicken shit". I find that to be really ironic since you're the mastermind who spent like 30 minutes trying to team me in Moghedu and crying over CT that you're being beat up. I believe that ended with you eventually running home to Ashtan and getting friendly with your city guards.. perhaps too friendly since they killed you soon after.
    So... same problem -every single other class- has, along with jesters without a shackle?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Xith vs Kaie forum argument:

• Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    So... same problem -every single other class- has, along with jesters without a shackle?
    To be fair, jester also has one of the fewest options available for straight-up tanking with available class defenses: acrobatics (which only is effective vs. unartied monks and BMs since knight accuracy/speed-with-correct-poisons makes avoidance fairly irrelevant) and balancing. Now I'm not speaking for or against shackle tactics but it ends up being a hairline balance act for a jester between being able to mount an offense and being bursted down hard - quick escapes are pretty much a necessity. That said, I'd trade balloon tactics and backflip for evade in a heartbeat. :P
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited September 2013
    @Bambizlo I'm no combat addict, so I don't really know. But people tell me that one shackle trick makes many combat tactics pretty much impossible. That seems largely OP.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Sidonia said:
    Xith vs Kaie forum argument:
    ftfy
  • Yeah up at my health level of 87, with a few arties, I still have to mix in a priestess here and there just to tank the damage that people can land in between my hindering and things.
    What sucks is that people hate being entangled for a whole fight and that's almost the only way a jester can survive. So the class is sometimes forced to resort to "OP" things just to function, and then those things get nerfed and we're left with less. That's why I don't appreciate the shackle/balloon thing cause sooner or later it could get balloon itself nerfed, which is detrimental to the people that don't want to buy a shackle.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited September 2013
    Nevermind, I don't even need to say how dumb that comment was
  • Daeir said:
    Sorry for a double post (timelock on editing is annoying as balls), but I was thinking about Serpent instakills and realized that execute kind of blows.
    Execute was originally proposed purely as a grandstanding move: a stylish alternative to Behead, for finishing off opponents who had been truelocked. I think Daloc was the original proponent. It was probably predictable that people would eventually take issue with its uselessness, and mechanical inferiority to Behead, and demand it be buffed down the line.

It might be a better ability if you got actual style points for using it, and could redeem those somehow.
  • edited September 2013
    Execute isn't really mechanically inferior to behead in any sense that's relevant to serpent combat. In order to pull off a behead as a serpent, you pretty much need your opponent to be either locked or otherwise perma-proned for the entire duration of it, in which case an execution works just as well. Execution would only be worse in two circumstances: 1. the opponent can stand up somewhere halfway through, but can't leave the room/hinder you (won't happen for serpents: if the opponent can get up, he also can run, as we have no non-affliction based movement hindering), or 2. opponent is sleep locked and execute wakes him halfway through. That latter one can possibly happen, but in most cases, someone wakes up during the time it takes to behead anyways, making beheading a very unreliable way to kill a sleeping victim.

In almost all cases you'll want your opponent to be locked before beheading/executing, in which case behead and execute only differ in flavour, where execute clearly wins.

The only thing that's a pity about execute is that its vicious imagery makes it a bit questionable for my character to use :(
  • Iocun said:
    The only thing that's a pity about execute is that its vicious imagery makes it a bit questionable for my character to use :(
    You need some kind of PG-13 Sleeper Hold finisher that leaves it ambiguous whether the bad guy is unconscious or dead.
  • I like to just cure them with my curing sceptre, but there's no xp in that :(
  • Bambizlo said:
      it ends up being a hairline balance act for a jester
    I see what you did there. >.>

• Multislash

It's usefulness is so very close to nil, it may as well not be here.

Make it a bashing slash, or something. Or two slashes and a strike, i don't know.

I know I only ever use it when I have run out of ideas and spam it as damage, which won't work against anyone that knows anything about combat.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It can be, but Impaling is a much better group tactic. Other classes can out-damage me easily, and quicker than what MS gives me as a balance regain. I'm better off hindering/impaling/voidfisting people during group situations 99% of the time.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It can actually be useful to seal a Brokenstar against a target you have locked down, or who you know you can catch if they run, but can't get another impale off on. It hits with 200 bleeding, which might just put them over the threshold. Or you can use it when you know you're about to lose a mangle-lock, as a final burst of damage to try and secure a kill.

It's niche usage, but it's not entirely worthless.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Multislash, Some of you have seen me using this as of late. Since Im a strength specialized Human instead of Con (like every smart person would be) My multislash damage is higher than everyone elses (also lv3 band don't hurt)

Multislash when blademaster was released was the new axekick, All you had to do was spam it to win.

I think the main problem with Multislash currently that's keeping it from being useful is the fact you can't infuse all hits.

I've been using it lately by doing prep legs+Arash+flamefist+break legs(with infuse fire)+Multislash with infuse fire.
    What this does (to those who don't understand) is insures that my multislashes will not miss and will not hit rebounding. all and all this does high damage (Ayoxele had logs of me hitting him with it) and is something more than the standard Brokenstar approach (It gets old)

The problem with this setup however
    1:Multislashes damage is taken up by SoA
    2:The first slash is the only infuse that gets infused since we don't have racial weaknesses before (Hit Draqoom for a 5.5k multislash with 500 bleeding when he was troll because I infused fire no band) I suggest this be reverted.
    3:Pommel+Sternum does more dps (damage per second) than multislash making my new combo pommel+sternumx8 then multislash

Also i'd like to throw out I don't think Multislashes infuse all three blades needs to be the way it was before.
    Instead I think it should make all three blades of the Fire element when infusing them but only allow one infuse fire to go off.. While this might be harder to do with three separate balances.

Also I feel that multislash in it's current stance is basiclly useless on standing oppoents. (Unless im executing newbs and abilities shouldn't be based on executing boobs) make it like axe kick so that it will only hit prone targets.

As what with Dorn said you can multislash and make them bleed 200 more! But honestly unless your fighting a complete retard he will be gone before you get that 3.3 second balance back (Thyr and a lv3 band not getting faster)

As what Daeir and Atalkez said: If your using multislash in a raid your wasting your hindering, the only time you would be better off using mulitlsash is if you have three or four bms to make it do good damage you need to be in arash. so if you get targeted you go splat. and the target needs to be prone and the rebounding needs to be down. While this isn't uncommon in raids.. pommel and sternum are still a higher dps.

Also I had suggested before to allow multislash to hit a single limb up to three times. if the other didn't go through, Personally I really like using Multislash to damage people out but it becomes useless against an SoA.

--------------------
    Burst,Thunderstorm,Blizzard,Anniliation.
    Burst we all know is completely useless.. I think when the class was designed it was designed to have an int alternative like Monks do. but along the line was scraped while the abilities were not.

If my idea for Multislash to be prone only goes through I think Burst would be a great place to throw some added higher damage. currently it's damage/dps is absolute crap. if we required burst to use shen and increased the amount of damage it did/lowered equib  I feel like it would be in a better spot. No we wouldn't be using it that much but it would fill the niche that multislash has currently.

Blizzard,Thunderstorm,Aniliation I don't think these skills have been used since that time I killed three shallamese noobs in a tanris raid (I lol'd) but seriously they are cool and I absolutely love the line that Aniliation gives me Aniliation is the only useful one out of the lot. because it can throw a group into your group if they are not blocking/lack of walls... Now Blizzard and thunderstorm do chill and paralyze. (to the entire room) But these are afflictions that I can't think of any good use for unless perhaps your running 3-4 blademasters in a raid group (Which still would just hit everyone in the room with shivering.)

Room damage abilities are strong as it is but I think the major problem with it is the targeting. I feel like they should be changed to only hit your enemies instead of also your allies and give an aura somewhat like the new kai choke so that only one can hit a person every few seconds (other wise NEW ASHTAN BLADEMASTER BOMB!) (jk)(but no seriously I can see someone doing that)

New abilitiy idea
    Jumping Saint Alpha Beta Omega Obliterating Slash

But this was one that came to me one day I was thinking that we have no real use for leap high.
    It's a fun ability and it's useful for when your about to brokenstar someone and they fly you can leap high and just brokenstar. But what I was thinking was to give us an ability similar to lunge that could only be used from the sky where you dive into someone and slash. knocking them to the ground and stunning.

I like this idea because it gives me a use for high leap.
    I don't like this idea because I don't feel blademaster need lunge and honestly I absolutely hate lunge/jpk spam.

Why it's unique because you can't land with leap high causing you to lose momentum for using it and making it unspamable by entering the targets room. and since you go into the skies and dive it bypasses walls

Why it's not unique because it's the exact same thing as everyone else.

---------

This is my feelings on the current status as Blademaster, Personally I love the class but after playing it for so long having one method to kill someone with and only one real method to do it in (break legs brokenstar, impaleslash break legs brokenstar,break torso break legs brokenstar,Break torso impaleslash brokenstar, ect ect) Just gets repetitive. And while breaking legs and multislash spam isn't the best of plans I feel like it gives us a different way to setup a kill. As far as deathstrike the best lock we can do still allows people to tumble. (my basis for all this is single combat except for the room attacks)

• Caladbolg said:
    I see no problem with this one. :p
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Trevize said:
    Caladbolg said:
    I see no problem with this one. :p
    While normally it isn't a problem. if your using it as a finisher (such as bbt) it gets to the point where I can kill a knight with it but I can't kill a serpent because the soa eats it.

• Well, I'm not sure about the rest, but I think SoA functions appropriately. It's designed to give a chance to render an attack harmless. Limbs still get damaged as far as I know. Though if Multislash really is useless, maybe looking for ways to improve it without nerfing other things sounds like a good plan.
  • Kaie said:
    Well, I'm not sure about the rest, but I think SoA functions appropriately. It's designed to give a chance to render an attack harmless. Limbs still get damaged as far as I know. Though if Multislash really is useless, maybe looking for ways to improve it without nerfing other things sounds like a good plan.
    Correct: SoAs don't stop limb damage specifically. Some attacks just do more than one type of damage. In that case, the SoA will only block the first type. It may be that what's needed here is a secondary damage type on multislash. 
  • I don't see anything wrong with a 500 credit artefact whose function is to help against physical damage helping against physical damage, to be honest.