Talismans

Comments

• Ur vamp drop rates are a bit low. We'll look into that some. The main concern with those is they do reset pretty quickly, so make for a fairly farmable easy source of pieces if we boost the rate up too high. That's an issue we've seen with a couple of the other fast resetting honours mobs already, so there might be some tweaks with a few of them.
  • So, I'm completely new to this system, and then when I found my first pieces I couldn't figure out how to check what talisman they belonged to. The set says dragon, but 'talisman info dragon' gives an error message. There really is nothing suggesting that 'talisman info bluedragon' has the information I wanted other than my piece being called bluedragonbone.

So! Please list the talisman name somewhere when looking at the talisman pieces.

Thank you!
  • I'll move my concerns back over here for more relevancy/less derailing. 

One topic that has been raised in the past is giving dragons a tradeskill that would allow them to generate equivalent amounts of money while pulling them away from bashing. What the talismans have essentially done is tacked on a zero cost tradeskill onto bashing. Dragons can continue bashing as per normal, generating the income they've always generated, while simultaneously obtaining desired (and thus valuable) items that can be sold. Non dragons can't keep up with the speed that dragons can bash at, so when a area becomes desirable for dragons to bash, they will always have their run of the place. Meaning that even if talismans are introduced at lower level areas, if dragons can farm the talismans and sell them to non dragons, dragons will still take over the area. 

I think that until virtually everyone has all the talismans that are valuable to them (at which point the method of obtaining talismans becomes irrelevant), this system will skew bashing to be even more in favor of dragons, which is not the direction I think we need to be moving in. To clarify, I'm fine with dragons getting better bashing benefits, but not at the expense of sub-99 players. I am in favor of dragon-only bashing areas, sub-99 only bashing areas, and mobs that only drop talismans for sub-99's.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I'm not a dragon and I hunt what is classed as dragon hunting areas, and I have no issues getting dragons chased out (Sorry, @Eld).
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I just leave ur'vampires and zsarachnor around the root if people irritate me with too much hoarding.

i'm a rebel

• Kyrra said:
    I'm not a dragon and I hunt what is classed as dragon hunting areas, and I have no issues getting dragons chased out (Sorry, @Eld).
    For the record, you'll have a better chance of getting me to leave somewhere by just asking me to let you hunt than by getting someone to come kill me, since if you do that, I'll probably come back for a rematch.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited August 2013
    Eld said:

Kyrra said:

For the record, you'll have a better chance of getting me to leave somewhere by just asking me to let you hunt than by getting someone to come kill me, since if you do that, I'll probably come back for a rematch.
    He digs the conflict and I felt bed, hence the sorry. I usually log and go play Sims 3 if I see you there now.

Edit: Phone quoting :((
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Kyrra said:
    He digs the conflict and I felt bed, hence the sorry. I usually log and go play Sims 3 if I see you there now. Edit: Phone quoting :((
    Oh, no objection to getting attacked, no worries. Just not the most effective way to get me to leave a place.
  • TALISMAN SET <set> now will additionally show you required talismans in that set along with their keywords.
  • Jacen said:
    I am in favor of dragon-only bashing areas, sub-99 only bashing areas, and mobs that only drop talismans for sub-99's.
    I'd say at the very least Dragon's should be able to bash themselves one set of sub-99 stuff. Though honestly I don't know just how necessary this may be. Depends on how they phase in other talisman sets after they finish tweaking this run.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited August 2013
    If I got excluded from gathering talismans because I'd already bashed to dragon, it'd just feel like I got penalized for playing the game too much. That would honestly suck a lot.

EDIT:
    Also, the 'talisman set dragon' is pretty nifty. Will all released talismans belong to a set, then? If not, how will you find out what talisman a specific piece belongs to?
  • In the interim (if you didn't already know) you can do TALISMAN PIECES <talisman>. So TALISMAN PIECES BLACKDRAGON shows you an (ordered by piece) list of all your black dragon talisman pieces.
  • Silas said:
    LHG drop rate seems to be too low.
    Yeah, I've run through it a good number of times and have only gotten 4 or so pieces, most of which are low level. Considering the added goodies and abilities a good number of the denizens there have, the drop rate should at least be on par with DK/(Un)Sidhe.
  • Silas said:
    LHG drop rate seems to be too low.
    yep, especially considering it's one of the most difficult areas. I've bashed it quite a bit and gotten 0 pieces.

• Oh come on now, we need easier hunting places :P
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Isnt the drop rate random? Have you broken any mirrors lately? Throwing salt over your shoulder may help.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah, we know the drop rates will be wrong at first. I'm going to be adjusting rates across the board as well as by specific area or type.
  • edited September 2013
    Annwyn seems by far the easiest place to get pieces. (But then, I got pesky RP restrictions keeping me from trying out all the possible places.)

Definitely much easier to get them in Annwyn than LHG and UW.
  • Annwyn's by far the best place right now (though I'm heavily restricted due to the faction too). Kelpies have a high drop rate. Oberion and Fafnir are relatively trivial to kill as a dragon (especially artied) yet guarantee at least a few pieces; Faylinn and Rhyannon are even easier and usually drop at least one piece. Sidhe and Unsidhe have a drop rate that's probably comparable to the Underworld denizens (death knights, vampires and scorpions) but there's far more of them.
  • Antonius said:
    Annwyn's by far the best place right now (though I'm heavily restricted due to the faction too). Kelpies have a high drop rate. Oberion and Fafnir are relatively trivial to kill as a dragon (especially artied) yet guarantee at least a few pieces; Faylinn and Rhyannon are even easier and usually drop at least one piece. Sidhe and Unsidhe have a drop rate that's probably comparable to the Underworld denizens (death knights, vampires and scorpions) but there's far more of them.
    I haven't noticed Faylinn and Rhyannon dropping noticeably more than any other Sidhe/Unsidhe. Fafnir and Oberion are good for a few, though.
  • edited September 2013
    It feels like the droprates have been adjusted in the last few days, Faylinn isn't dropping as often as she did before. Rhyannon is still usually good for at least one piece, sometimes two, for me though.

EDIT:
    You have slain Rhyannon, Queen of the Fairies, retrieving the corpse.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You have found a Green Dragon's tooth (level 2) talisman piece!
    You have found a Silver Dragon's claw (level 1) talisman piece!
    You have found a Green Dragon's tooth (level 1) talisman piece!
  • The droprates haven't been touched since going in thus far.
  • Since the talismans now allow you to switch to any dragon colour (provided you have the talisman), could SCORE be changed to show your current colour whilst in dragonform? Obviously wasn't an issue before since I knew which colour I chose initially, but now I find myself forgetting which colour I actually chose when dragonforming.
  • Antonius said:
    Since the talismans now allow you to switch to any dragon colour (provided you have the talisman), could SCORE be changed to show your current colour whilst in dragonform? Obviously wasn't an issue before since I knew which colour I chose initially, but now I find myself forgetting which colour I actually chose when dragonforming.
    I honestly thought this was already there. Would be nice. In the meantime, you can always HONOURS yourself.
  • Kind of a dumb question, but do these items have to be picked up off the ground, or do they magically appear in some sort of talisman rift?
  • They're not actual items, you just get them when you kill the mob and they exist in what could I suppose be termed a talisman rift.
  • I'm not a dragon. I won't be a dragon for a long while - and then, I probably won't have the determination to go hunt/bribe/trade all of the pieces that I need for the dragon talismans.

I am, however, looking forward to talismans that will not require being scaly and enormous. :)

• @Sarapis: any info on whether talisman drop rates were lowered across the board? Some areas, like LHG, already seemed too low.