Talismans

Comments

• Arlanda said:
    And Targossians aren't restricted by morals when it comes to hunting now. Only ally towns aren't hunted
    Yea you'd think that from the public stuff that was posted, but we're still banned from several of those places that drop them. (vertani, Istarion, possibly Sirocco, can't get a straight answer on that, pretty sure Prin too). I wouldn't mind seeing the Quisalis Den added to the list, The master assassins/named denizens down there seem tough enough to make the cut.

• Killed 4 Ur'Vampires, no talisman drop on any of them.

???

• Says the man who does not even respond to tells.

*runs away*

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited August 2013
    Yes.

Would like my point taken seriously though.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

Not sure how i feel for more reward for single player grind. I understand adding more endgame content for various people, and I am sure some people enjoy the whole collectables idea, but I'd like to throw in some ideas to expand on it.

I vaguely agree that Achaea could use new and more diverse content in several areas (PVE, org-based conflict). But I am not going to complain about this new content being added because it's happening first. Things take time and not everything can happen at once.
  • Urvamps seemed like lower drop rates. Killed Fafnir and Oberion and got four pieces off of each.

Mishgul said:

Not sure how i feel for more reward for single player grind. I understand adding more endgame content for various people, and I am sure some people enjoy the whole collectables idea, but I'd like to throw in some ideas to expand on it.

I vaguely agree that Achaea could use new and more diverse content in several areas (PVE, org-based conflict). But I am not going to complain about this new content being added because it's happening first. Things take time and not everything can happen at once.

Not complaining about the content, i will be rushing to join in when i get some time off work, but more wishing there was more assurances of the points i made, as a lot of these and upcoming changes to hunting seem to reward people and not orgs.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Perhaps lower down the chain there will be Talisman sets that give increased benefit for each complete set in the owner's House/City/Order?
  • I personally do not agree that this content is only generating single player grinding. Sure, many people are constantly hunting solo, (and even I do it at some point), but it's also creating some conflict and enabling a few groups. Just last month we had a group of five dragons tearing through Ur'Vampires/Deathknights/Annwyn/Zsarachnor, as we found out it was more beneficial to us to do this together, and I had more fun of it than mostly any other time I hunted in groups. 

Not to mention all of group skirmishes that have been had in PK places because of it. If anything, there's been more group generated content for me than individual grinding.

It all depends on how you see it.
  • Man you got me destroyed by Oberion. THAT'S HOW I SEE IT.

The rewards are individual

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • In that group, we had a dragon who each wanted a different color. Trade as you get the pieces, problem solved!
  • Hyperlith said:
    Ideas to expand the list, if appropriate:

sea dragons and/or redfin tuna (open seas)
    the Mahk (Wegava)
    the Leviathan (North vashnars)
    the swamp wyvern (Dun Swamp)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    That tough thief guy in the eastern Daoric Plains (Meropis)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Each city's guardians (you know, encourage conflict and stuff)
    That tough thingy in Quartz Peak
    Wyrm Lord (seconded, ouchy)
    Tenwat warden
    The bat guardian lady in Morindar
    Derryk, Geh'shya (Bella's)

I think the general consensus is to move away from encouraging raiders to raid empty cities. 
    Icaru said:

In that group, we had a dragon who each wanted a different color. Trade as you get the pieces, problem solved!

The rewards are still beneficial to the individual who owns the pieces. I am sure in 4-5 years time there will be hundreds of elder dragons sharing the rewards with everyone.

I am going to see where they go with the tweaks and lower level changes and also waiting for the artefacts that will inevitably come along with this update before i give a full review of what i think as a player.

That said, I have confidence in Tecton and Sarapis to have a good long term plan in mind. This is definitely something cool and different which benefits the act of grinding, but the current goal of what has been released feels very isolating if that makes sense.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    edited August 2013

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Rangor said:
    but I don't want to go bashing :(

Well, I didn't want to get on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride, but I just had to.

• TALISMAN PIECES <talisman> is in, should hopefully help with the piece quantity issues.
  • SUGGESTION: Add Jeramun. Make him guaranteed to drop two pieces.

• No, no more Jeramun camping, I beg of you :(

• edited August 2013
    Just adding my five cents to some of the previous discussion.

The current list is pretty terrible for the Targ faction. It would be great if some of the other places thrown up earlier in the topic were looked at, like therans, quisalis, huge squid, tenwat etc
  • So for some future talisman ideas for sub-dragon players:

- Talisman that changes race appearance (but keeps current race setup. Example atavian that has "tsol'aa" in description).

- Ability to access new unique races. Examples: Sidhe/Unsidhe, Tsol'dasi, Goblin.

- Talisman that can be inked on as if a tattoo spot. Will have same effects.

- Talisman that will convert into a unique mini-pet. Can not be customized like a custom pet.

- Talisman that will allow the switching between 2 classes by keeping 1 saved within (shhh let it happen o.o).
  • Curiously, if you're bashing as a group, only the last hitter gets the talisman pieces?

• Synbios said:
    Curiously, if you're bashing as a group, only the last hitter gets the talisman pieces?
    Yes, we end up trading after the hunting round is done.
  • If Vertani are on there, you could add pretty much any other bashing area. Off the top of my head, I'd add Quisalis den, Azdun catacombs, Aalen squid, as well as solo things like Khulhedra, Caligino, leviathan, Lachesis(?), etc.

• Most of the stuff in Quisalis den is laughable in difficulty. Pretty much only the fire mage dude hurts
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    There need to be more places like Caer Witrin.
  • Draekar said:
    Just adding my five cents to some of the previous discussion.

The current list is pretty terrible for the Targ faction. It would be great if some of the other places thrown up earlier in the topic were looked at, like therans, quisalis, huge squid, tenwat etc
    dream horrors!