Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Meropis I'm doing:
    * Sinister Glubbers in Grukai
    * Knights, Serpent, Duke, Ducal guards in Sirocco
    * Lightning Eagle
    * Septacean

Any other suggestions welcome!
  • I have a few questions regarding the system. Are you only limited to getting pieces from one set until you complete it? I made a test run to Istarion and Annwyn, and while I got pieces, I only received black dragon claws from all denizens there.

Not sure if intended, or if just luck, or if problem!
  • Sarapis said:
    Xith said:
    Well now I disagree on the bindingness I was picturing a sort of trading cardesque system where you can trade to complete sets... And might get a drop of the same piece twice
    But that's exactly what it is...the Pieces are tradeable and you can and will certainly get drops of the same piece twice, three times, fifty times. However, once you complete a Talisman, it gives you a power and that power is bound to you, removing those Pieces from the system (and helping to keep "Piece inflation" in check.)
    Ah I see. Didn't read that well.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Icaru: good catch, fixed.
  • Are there separate keywords for the talisman itself and for the pieces? With three level 1 Black Dragon Claw pieces, I'm trying to get info on what's needed to complete the talisman. TALISMANS INFO blackdragonclaw doesn't work, and I can't find any other keyword to try.
  • @Eld try TALISMANS INFO BLACKDRAGON instead!
  • Alrena said:
    @Eld try TALISMANS INFO BLACKDRAGON instead!
    Thought I'd tried that, but I guess not. In any case, is there a way to see what keyword you need, or is it just a guessing game?
  • Presently there's no master list of talismans available to the public. You will however see them come up on TALISMANS INCOMPLETE once you have at least one piece of a sufficient level to complete that talisman.
  • Makarios said:
    Presently there's no master list of talismans available to the public. You will however see them come up on TALISMANS INCOMPLETE once you have at least one piece of a sufficient level to complete that talisman.
    Ah, ok. Some mention in the HELP that that's the requirement for it to show up on TALISMANS INCOMPLETE would be nice.
  • Sirocco fortress is a joke difficulty-wise.  It might as well be Manara. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Icaru said:
    I have a few questions regarding the system. Are you only limited to getting pieces from one set until you complete it? I made a test run to Istarion and Annwyn, and while I got pieces, I only received black dragon claws from all denizens there.

Not sure if intended, or if just luck, or if problem!
    It doesn't seem as if talisman pieces exist for the other Dragon colors yet. You can view TALISMAN INFO BLACKDRAGON, but TALISMAN INFO <blue/silver/etc.>DRAGON doesn't work.
  • They should now.
  • Bashed for 45 minutes. Got nothing.

• Bashed with a group for an hour. Got all but the silver tooth for the silver set.

• Santar said:
    Sirocco fortress is a joke difficulty-wise.  It might as well be Manara. 
    Santar said:
    Bashed for 45 minutes. Got nothing.
    Try Sirocco...
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Time to get ow bling bling on.
  • Asmodron said:
    Time to get ow bling bling on.
    Was going to wtf that, but I heard it gives bad juju or something. (Juju ironically being listed as a synonym for Talisman)
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited August 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Melodie said:
     I completely understand and agree these should drop from hard, Dragony denizens. Doesn't mitigate the fact that this is more difficult for the factions who practices morals while hunting (mostly Targo and a good chunk of Cyrene). :-/ Maybe open up a place or two in Meropis? Perhaps look into some additional bashing grounds to add? I dunno. It just seems a bit unbalanced when the dragon population is huge already, and then it gets limited down more from the very few areas available.
    Which areas in Meropis are equivalent to the areas I listed? (Genuine question - I wasn't here for the building of Meropis, and don't know much about it.)

Not Meropis related, but other creatures/denizens which I would like to be considered for dragon talisman drops, if not already (I apologize if they are):

Delosian Guards
    Crypt Beast
    Aalen Squids
    Wyrm Lord
    Theran Guards

None of these would be guaranteed drops, naturally.
  • Theran guards would be nice. Those're like the only thing those crazy Ashtani aren't allowed to hunt (I think)

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    edited August 2013
    Ideas to expand the list, if appropriate:

sea dragons and/or redfin tuna (open seas)
    the Mahk (Wegava)
    the Leviathan (North vashnars)
    the swamp wyvern (Dun Swamp)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    That tough thief guy in the eastern Daoric Plains (Meropis)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Each city's guardians (you know, encourage conflict and stuff)
    That tough thingy in Quartz Peak
    Wyrm Lord (seconded, ouchy)
    Tenwat warden
    The bat guardian lady in Morindar
    Derryk, Geh'shya (Bella's)

• Hyperlith said:

the Mahk (Wegava)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Tenwat warden

Very few of those are really dragon level, though.
  • Hyperlith said:

the Mahk (Wegava)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Tenwat warden

Notably, any of the city guards would likely be an appropriate addition to the list of denizens that drop Talismans, simply judging their strength comparative to others on the list (they are certainly superior to the Vertani).

Of course, this adds an interesting dynamic to city destruction, as it offers a potential, tangible benefit to raiders for killing guards. After all, a significant portion, if not the majority, of raiders are Dragons.
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Eld said:
    Hyperlith said:

the Mahk (Wegava)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Tenwat warden

If you're measuring based upon STAT STATS, pretty sure most of those are at or above level 100. Not sure what denotes 'dragon level' as it pertains to dragons (and their bashing).

• Hyperlith said:
    Eld said:
    Hyperlith said:

the Mahk (Wegava)
    Ogre baron (Dun)
    the kraken (Riparium)
    Tenwat warden

If you're measuring based upon STAT STATS, pretty sure most of those are at or above level 100. Not sure what denotes 'dragon level' as it pertains to dragons (and their bashing).
    Just judging based on my subjective estimate of the difficulty of killing them.
  • It would be nice if TALISMAN PIECES took an argument to narrow it down to pieces of a particular talisman. So TALISMAN PIECES BLACKDRAGON would list only pieces for the black dragon talisman. Failing that, at least having the list sorted by talisman, in addition to be set, would be helpful. It's quite cluttered as is.
  • And Targossians aren't restricted by morals when it comes to hunting now. Only ally towns aren't hunted
  • Arlanda said:
    And Targossians aren't restricted by morals when it comes to hunting now. Only ally towns aren't hunted
    That's not true. Targossians aren't allowed to kill innocent denizens. That includes Tsol'dasi, Vertani, and maybe the Ducal guards.