Talismans

Comments

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    So I was sneaking around Annwyn this morning and getting in my morning hunt...and I got a few pieces. And I thought about something, once you get a full talisman in a different color than your own, you're able to switch to that color (at least that's what I understand from the OP by S) but do you need a talisman in your original color to switch back?

• Dragon Color talismans should decay upon use. That way every freakin dragon isn't all colors in a month's time.
  • Nakari said:
    I think it might be better if the talismans let you switch between the type of breath rather then fully changing color. All the mechanical advantages of dragon color could be imparted, then, without making the choice of color a totally meaningless one.

This would also make those with custom dragonforms, (all two of us,) less of a pain for the administration if we get a talisman of three.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Can we please please please add dive bashing to this? At least for spiders, dragons and duskfin? Please, please.

• I personally would not want Talisman pieces, at least Dragon ones, added to diving enemies. I feel like where Talismans encourage competition for high value areas and therefore generate player interactions in those areas, diving is currently a very secluded activity. It's easy enough to sail to a deserted corner of the ocean and just farm up talisman pieces alone (made easier with scripting) until you're one of the first 5 full sets. Two things related that may or may not have been considered by the admin:

1) Seafaring related talismans from deep sea diving. Maybe something as minor as increased crew balance recovery or crew endurance regen. Things like increased turning speed become competitive advantages when fighting in ship combat, but that might be a direction the admin want to go.

2) Talisman pieces (potentially Dragon ones) from ship trade deals. Due to their nature, trade deals generally require a large time investment, and cause you to move in relatively predictable routes. This would mean similarly forced interaction on the sea.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Sidonia said:
    Most of the stuff in Quisalis den is laughable in difficulty. Pretty much only the fire mage dude hurts
    I think Silas's point was that Vertani are laughable in difficulty too, and if they're considered "dragon level" then a lot of other places should be as well.

I can't comment on whether that's actually true since I've never bashed in Tir Murann, though.
  • Antonius said:
    Sidonia said:
    Most of the stuff in Quisalis den is laughable in difficulty. Pretty much only the fire mage dude hurts
    I think Silas's point was that Vertani are laughable in difficulty too, and if they're considered "dragon level" then a lot of other places should be as well.

I can't comment on whether that's actually true since I've never bashed in Tir Murann, though.
    They're not too bad, I'd put them on Moghedu mhun knight level only that they usually team way harder if you're not too careful. Then there's the named Vertani and they hit as hard as Mhunna if not harder.

Granted that doesn't help the average Targ either but I think you can bash Mog now for a comparrisson.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Nemutaur said:
    Antonius said:
    Sidonia said:

They're not too bad, I'd put them on Moghedu mhun knight level only that they usually team way harder if you're not too careful. Then there's the named Vertani and they hit as hard as Mhunna if not harder.

Granted that doesn't help the average Targ either but I think you can bash Mog now for a comparrisson.

Targ still can't Bash Moghedu.  Just the Mhunna and those that actively defend him.
  • Has anyone else had an issue with getting a talisman piece or two and them not showing up at all in 'talismans list'? I'm level 85 but Sarapis has said previously everyone can obtain them.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • edited August 2013
    You can use TALISMAN PIECES to see which pieces you currently have. I would guess that until you reach the required level for those pieces for a talisman (level seven in most cases) it's not going to show up as incomplete on TALISMAN LIST.

Speaking of TALISMAN PIECES, would it be possible to have them ordered in a better way than the order in which you obtained them? Ideally ordered by colour, type, then level. So all of your Black pieces would be together, then if you had different levels of claws they'd be together.
  • Yeah I panicked a bit after getting 5 or so and seeing nothing in LIST. Reading the HELP file is for weaklings.

• edited August 2013
    oops
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
     Were you the first?! Of course it was right after I had to leave for work!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Five minutes after you left too! 

It feels good to finally complete a talisman. The market for pieces is a very profitable one currently, I have probably made around 500,000 gold sovereigns from it, but have spent similar amounts to get the pieces I need, so it all out comes square in the end.
  • @Icaru: Out of curiosity, how many pieces did you have to buy outright rather than gaining through trade or hunting?

I'm not really interested in one particular talisman, but I would like the set, which is obviously going to be a huge time or gold investment. I was planning on hunting up the first talisman (whichever that may be - probably black judging by the pieces I have so far), then starting to sell or trade pieces that I get and no longer need for ones I still do after that.
  • Icaru said:
    You take the eight pieces of the Blue Dragon Talisman, and combine them into the finished piece. You feel the power of the Blue Dragon flow through you, and you know that DRAGONFORM BLUE will allow you to Dragonform into a blue dragon in the future.
    You better come up with something good for the enter/leave message *shakefist*
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • @Antonius:  I bought two of the unique dragon pieces I needed, and a few of the parts that I needed towards the end. Most I gained through hunting and trading at the first stages, nut eventually you get to a point where getting that common level 2 scale is hard to get without trade/buying.

I would say I combined 6/8 parts to level 7 from hunting/trading, and 2/8 from buying
  • Jonners said:
    Icaru said:
    You take the eight pieces of the Blue Dragon Talisman, and combine them into the finished piece. You feel the power of the Blue Dragon flow through you, and you know that DRAGONFORM BLUE will allow you to Dragonform into a blue dragon in the future.
    You better come up with something good for the enter/leave message *shakefist*
    Just because he was the first to complete one doesn't mean he'll be one of the first to complete all six.
  • Oh, I thought it was the first to each colour. My bad.
    ~
  • What happens if when Penwize completes the first five full sets? Does he get to do all the messages?

i'm a rebel

• I think there's a general confusion about sets and talismans.

One SET is made of several talismans that share a common theme, if you prefer to see it that way. The initial set is called 'dragon', and is made of the six talismans representing each color, so when you complete all the talismans, you will have completed the only set currently in existence. 

So no way for him to do all messages but one, given that he can only complete one set.
  • Not sure if this was answered earlier or not. Do you need to complete all six talismans for elder dragon status, or just the five that aren't your native color?

• All of them.
  • Makarios said:
    All of them.
    Why do the Ur'Vampire drop rates suck so bad? I've got a talisman piece 1 out of 7 Ur vampires.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Santar said:
    Makarios said:
    All of them.
    Why do the Ur'Vampire drop rates suck so bad? I've got a talisman piece 1 out of 7 Ur vampires.
    Because you keep devouring me.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited August 2013
    Nakari said:
    I think it might be better if the talismans let you switch between the type of breath rather then fully changing color. All the mechanical advantages of dragon color could be imparted, then, without making the choice of color a totally meaningless one.

Or have Dragons revert to their original color upon log-out/death.
  • Need a super-agree button *raisehand!*
    ~