Talismans

Comments

• Phaestus said:
    Melodie said:
    What is this Cyrenian blasmephy. @Phaestus, help me out here! Cyrene is so diverse, ugh. Tritons would fit in perfectly to the lore/culture, but no everyone would go for that. But I'd live it.

Who can guess why I am not helping here?

And why my forehead hurts.

You're baking up your next strudel, perhaps?
  • Jamethiel said:
    Phaestus said:
    Melodie said:
    What is this Cyrenian blasmephy. @Phaestus, help me out here! Cyrene is so diverse, ugh. Tritons would fit in perfectly to the lore/culture, but no everyone would go for that. But I'd live it.

Who can guess why I am not helping here?

And why my forehead hurts.

You're baking up your next strudel, perhaps?
    A band of crackling, ale-flavoured energy arcs across the sky.
    Jamethiel has committed suicide.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Woah woah there.  I just noticed this is no longer a sticky.  How can this be? We need more talismans!
  • There will be more Talismans, yup. 
  • Sarapis said:
    There will be more Talismans, yup. 
    You promise you're not just setting me up for heartbreak?  Pinky promise?
  • Some of us are still struggling to collect the existing ones Penny, ease up fella!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Some of us haven't even started collecting them !
  • Some of us need to get Dragon first...
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #3984
    Date: 11/04/2013 at 17:23
    To : Everyone
    Subj: new Talisman set

As events #449 relayed, a trade ship from the far-off Atavian land of Azatlan was shipwrecked recently, and its shipment of valuable Azatlani Talismans is now scattered around the islands of Ageiro, Tapoa, and Tuar, though I believe Yudhishthira on Polyargos snagged some as well.

These are completely different from the Dragon Talismans, and some of them are single-use, allowing you to complete them as many times as you wish. In general, they're not as 'powerful' as the Dragon Talismans, as the mobs that drop them are generally a lot weaker.

You'll find:

* Azatlani Headdress - When worn, increases the distance you can see on the OH map by +1. Permanent.

* Transoceanic Orb - These Orbs are what Vastar gave to the Atavians when they set out on the Diaspora years ago. They allowed the Atavians to fly across deep ocean. They each allow a certain number of flying moves over ocean, at which point they disappear.

* Sacrificial Knife - Let's you martyr yourself with a custom message and lowered xp loss vs. heartstop. Effectively, it's heartstop with a flavor message. You MARTYR <message> and you'll gasp out your last words as the knife slits your throat. Single use.

* Atlatl - This is a spear-throwing device of great power. You can use it to hit anyone in the same area as you that's outdoors. If they don't move, it'll hit for a ton of damage. Single use.

* Kinkajou minipet

* Quetzal minipet

* Coati minipet

Enjoy! These are more representative of the kinds of Talisman sets we'll likely do in the future - lots of single-use items that don't require a ton of Talisman pieces to complete. No doubt it'll take us some time to get the balance of drop rates right though.

Oh, and you might go look at Vastar's picture in the Achaean Gallery (achaea.com/gallery) to get a glimpse of Azatlan. More history on the Atavian Diaspora (from Arcadia) and Azatlan will be revealed in the near future.

Penned by My hand on the 23rd of Ero, in the year 639 AF.
    Yessssss. <3
  • Every Mhaldorian is now required to get one of them knives so we can protest Erato.

• Penwize said:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #3984
    Date: 11/04/2013 at 17:23
    To : Everyone
    Subj: new Talisman set

As events #449 relayed, a trade ship from the far-off Atavian land of Azatlan was shipwrecked recently, and its shipment of valuable Azatlani Talismans is now scattered around the islands of Ageiro, Tapoa, and Tuar, though I believe Yudhishthira on Polyargos snagged some as well.

These are completely different from the Dragon Talismans, and some of them are single-use, allowing you to complete them as many times as you wish. In general, they're not as 'powerful' as the Dragon Talismans, as the mobs that drop them are generally a lot weaker.

You'll find:

* Azatlani Headdress - When worn, increases the distance you can see on the OH map by +1. Permanent.

* Transoceanic Orb - These Orbs are what Vastar gave to the Atavians when they set out on the Diaspora years ago. They allowed the Atavians to fly across deep ocean. They each allow a certain number of flying moves over ocean, at which point they disappear.

* Sacrificial Knife - Let's you martyr yourself with a custom message and lowered xp loss vs. heartstop. Effectively, it's heartstop with a flavor message. You MARTYR <message> and you'll gasp out your last words as the knife slits your throat. Single use.

* Atlatl - This is a spear-throwing device of great power. You can use it to hit anyone in the same area as you that's outdoors. If they don't move, it'll hit for a ton of damage. Single use.

* Kinkajou minipet

* Quetzal minipet

* Coati minipet

Enjoy! These are more representative of the kinds of Talisman sets we'll likely do in the future - lots of single-use items that don't require a ton of Talisman pieces to complete. No doubt it'll take us some time to get the balance of drop rates right though.

Oh, and you might go look at Vastar's picture in the Achaean Gallery (achaea.com/gallery) to get a glimpse of Azatlan. More history on the Atavian Diaspora (from Arcadia) and Azatlan will be revealed in the near future.

Penned by My hand on the 23rd of Ero, in the year 639 AF.
    Yessssss. <3
    Told you I wasn't lying!

Eventually I hope to have Talisman pieces dropping from a majority of Achaean mobs, but that'll take years if we ever get there. Gotta have enough Talismans to have sufficient variety.
  • @Iocun is waiting for you to add Talismans to Mog.
  • PERSONAL REQUEST: Can we have the sacrificial knife not disrupt prismatic barriers?

I have a lot of places to leave my corpse and propaganda.

• I'm curious, how long will we be able to gather these talismans? Are they likely to stick around, or will they be phased out in the future?
  • Looks permanent?

• edited November 2013
    I swear if this ends without Vastar showing back up I am going to do something drastic. Perhaps with the handily included ritual knife.
  • What's the OH map? Wilderness?
  • Eld said:
    What's the OH map? Wilderness?
    Overhead map I assume, so that'd be wilderness yeah.
  • Penwize said:
    Eld said:
    What's the OH map? Wilderness?
    Overhead map I assume, so that'd be wilderness yeah.
    Yeah, figured it stood for overhead, just wasn't sure what made the wilderness map any more "overhead" than the non-wilderness.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

This can only end badly >_>

• Skye said:
    This can only end awesomely >_>
    Fixed that for you!  It's like a shout, only it costs the shouter their life, looks cooler, and can be heard by people who are deaf and don't have aural earrings.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2013
    MARTYR **** you guys.
    MARTYR TROLOLOLOL U'LL NVR GET ME ALVE!
    MARTYR Issue'd

• You can already do that with shouts and it doesn't happen. :P  If someone wants to waste their experience and whatever it costs them to acquire one (pay someone for it, time spent bashing for it) on something that'll get them smacked by the admin, well, they're pretty damn determined and will find a way anyway.
  • That was actually my immediate thought, and gripe over skype as I read the spear line, @Dunn XD
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • @Sarapis
    Was this what you were talking about in the Outer Islands post when you hinted at something as a reason behind the accessibility changes to them?  Does that mean you're going to add talismans to all the Outer Islands, then?
    ...if that's the case, what talismans is Prasset getting? :D
  • Penwize said:
    Skye said:
    This can only end awesomely >_>
    Fixed that for you!  It's like a shout, only it costs the shouter their life, looks cooler, and can be heard by people who are deaf and don't have aural earrings.
    No, not like a shout. The custom stuff is only witnessed by the people in the room with you.
  • Dunn said:
    Reasoning being that the atlatl is going to be fairly rarely used.
  • Penwize said:
    @Sarapis
    Was this what you were talking about in the Outer Islands post when you hinted at something as a reason behind the accessibility changes to them?  Does that mean you're going to add talismans to all the Outer Islands, then?

That's the plan, but as to when, who knows.
  • I don't think we should give players access to the SAY command.
    I mean, it could get out of hand.
    Like a Blademaster with a level 3 Band
    You just never have the chance to stand.