Talismans

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Kresslack said:
    With the dagger, are you able to pre-empt the custom death message such as with emoting, or will it simply start with your name?

Also, this is great. I thought these were a new dragon talisman set. That these are able for anyone to gain and use, and the hint that there will be more, is fairly exciting.
    Think of it more like this, "Kresslack has slit his own throat and gasps out, 'Blame Canada' before expiring". That's not exactly it, but gives you the idea. The 'Blame Canada' part is the custom part you define.

More like "Blame Kardada"

• Effin Canadians!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • I'm sorry, but it's not always our fault. :(
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Damnit Penwize. Everytime I go to a place to hunt, you in there hunting. Every time I sail to an island to kill something, you on the island killing things. 

• Penwize said:
    I'm sorry, but it's not always our fault. :(
    Eh? Hoser!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited November 2013
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited November 2013
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew D: (@Sarapis 's gif)

This is not a valuable contribution to the thread by any means, but I thought you should know. Now I am scrolling down to hide that gif <_<

Edit: Why you do this, @Eld?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Sarapis said:
    Aw, take off.
  • Jurixe said:
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew D: (@Sarapis 's gif)

This is not a valuable contribution to the thread by any means, but I thought you should know. Now I am scrolling down to hide that gif <_<

Edit: Why you do this, @Eld?
    If you haven't seen 'Strange Brew' and have any desire at all to understand the true depravity of the ordinary Canadian (*horror music gasp scream*), you have to see this movie.
  • I agree, @Jurixe.

It will explain all of @Xer's idiosyncrasies.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Is it a horror movie? *suspicious* Just that brew looks like one to me D:

I hosted @Xer in my house for a week, I know his idiosyncracies!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• If I start getting sniped off by super OP spears in raids, because someone has a disorder that leads to an obsessive need to farm talismans, then I'm going to be annoyed.

Talismans shouldn't have impact on combat or raids.
  • As a canadian this thread is making me feel marginalized. :(
  • Rangor said:
    oh, right. No worries then!

SUCKS TO BE YOU MHALDOR.

You attach the cup of the atlatl to the shaft, and test the fit of the spear inside of it, finding it satisfactory.

Let's do this!
  • edited November 2013
    Wrong thread.

• Also, I have a request for talisman drops.

Make it give a third person message, so you can see when a person in your room gets a talisman. Would be nice to be able to see when other people get talismans.

• Daeir said:
    Gonna farm like 40 of those orbs and fly around the Ocean screaming profanities at the seadwellers below.

Some cool stuff here.
    And when this happens, Daedalus will shout "My son! Nooooooooo!"

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Daeir said:

Gonna farm like 40 of those orbs and fly around the Ocean screaming profanities at the seadwellers below.

Some cool stuff here.

*squint*

Just because I like you doesn't mean I wouldn't turn you over to the tritonic silver mines or worse.

I'm watching you.

>:)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • These should also be available from all sea creatures in the sea of Terror.  I'm sure a few sunk to the depths
  • I wonder how long it is going to take until someone farms up enough of the 'fly over ocean room' talismans to get to the farthest away island without a ship.

• Can you ptv with these artefacts?
  • Cooper said:
    I wonder how long it is going to take until someone farms up enough of the 'fly over ocean room' talismans to get to the farthest away island without a ship.
    The orb seems to be the hardest one to get. I got at least 2 drops of all the others before the first orb piece dropped for me.

The question is can you fly over chops with orbs? If you can that opens up... a lot.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    quick @Zulah, farm those orbs to see what's beyond the chop walls!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Zulah said:
    Cooper said:
    I wonder how long it is going to take until someone farms up enough of the 'fly over ocean room' talismans to get to the farthest away island without a ship.
    The orb seems to be the hardest one to get. I got at least 2 drops of all the others before the first orb piece dropped for me.

The question is can you fly over chops with orbs? If you can that opens up... a lot.
    Nope, can't fly over the chops.
  • @Sarapis What about making them drop off sea creatures in the sea of terror?
  • Tharvis said:
    quick @Zulah, farm those orbs to see what's beyond the chop walls!
    I'm working on it! But Sarapis just rained on my parade.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Sarapis, with the outer islands change in terms of Garing/etc, with this new orb, wouldn't people just be able to leave their ship on the outer islands, go into wilderness, fly, go a few rooms into ocean, and then use Gare/whatever?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    @Sarapis, with the outer islands change in terms of Garing/etc, with this new orb, wouldn't people just be able to leave their ship on the outer islands, go into wilderness, fly, go a few rooms into ocean, and then use Gare/whatever?
    And waste the orb...
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."