Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Next Achaea Class

16791112

Comments

  • AveriAveri Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 2014

    @Kotaru‌ ;

    Bard.. you're looking for bard.

    It can be played as a fairly squishy area support class.

    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    ShirszaeSylvance
  • TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jukilian said:
    A weapon that I just recently thought of that'd be cool for a dark class is to use a pair of Crescent blades made of Shadow. Would be cool to have a different type of dual wielding class.

    I was more thinking a scythe, full-length. We don't have many classes that single wield a weapon with two hands, what? Druid, Sylvan, and that's it right?

    Ability thoughts for Reaper


    Skill (Shadowshaping) (In no particular order)

    Scythe - (just like spirituality's mace, only you reach into the shadows and pull out your scythe)

    Shadowmeld - Works just like hide

    Grasp - Basically hangedman

    Trip - Woodlore's trip just with the scythe and not a spear or trident

    Shroud - Occultism's shroud makes sense if you're manipulating darkness around you

    Dispair - recurring amnesia, didn't think it all the way through as to timing or cure, but it seemed like a good idea

    Receed - strips hide, shroud, or mask from the room (pick one, two, or all three. If you can raise shadows up, you can push them down too)

    Stun - smacking someone with the butt end of your scythe in the head

    Fear - self explanatory

    Blind - wasn't sure on this one, but like Kaido's blind. Seemed to fit the darkness motif

    Twirl - Groves q-staff twirl. Two-handed polearm weapon, makes sense.

    Soul Reap - Instakill. Wasn't sure exactly how to put the mechanic in for this one, A time thing like JitB, a mana/health thing like Angel/Baalz thing, Limb breaks like Vivisection (Devotion still needs crucifiction btw) [Would be the trans skill.]

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    That's just what I saw making sense and what I had time to come up with


  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2014
    Asmodron said:

    Could just rework an old and annoying to use mechanic, such as Vodun, into a more lively and flavorable kit, perhaps with the darkness/shadow theme more relevant in it, and then call it a hashan faction class.

    We should also replace Runewarden Chivalry with a Samurai art ability and make it Cyrene faction. Replace venoms with Shadowcrafting and make Serpents a Hashani faction, replace Transmutation with Astrology and make it a Moon Hashani faction.

    Also, like I have been asking others @Asmodron wtf do you think a Darkness/Shadow theme is?

    Edit: Forgot Bards, Bards should be the only class able to sing ever, Scarlatti should not allow any other cities that he does not pseudo patron to sing at all.

  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Ideas on the topic of Serpent: 

    Serpent is actually the one class that embodies the ideals of Twilight the best. They hide in plain sight (Like darkness) They manipulate people with illusions and secret things into their inventory and even lie. All of which are things that Twilight patrons. These are all things that Serpents can easily do, if any class should be a Night/Darkness based one it should be Serpents since they just by design follow the ideals of Twilight already.

    The Lord of Darkness is a mysterious, manipulative, and deceptive God.
    manipulating the ruling elite that conspire to
    exploit the populace. Ambitious, cunning, and powerful,
    Shirszae
  • WeiWei Monterey, CaliforniaMember Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    So many people would be pissed if Serpents became factional to Hashan.

    I am not one of those people.

    KayeilJukilianTrevize
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Many people will be mad if Serpents become factional. Hence why I think another stealth-based class based around the idea of Darkness/Shadow/Night would be great. Hashan could (eventually..) become feared if they grow in their capacity to provide assassins, spies, thieves.

    AveriAchimrst
  • ElcryionElcryion Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2014

    A lot of Hashan's problems can be solved if its theme (the Night) is actually manifested, no need to create a whole new class. Conversely, creating a new class for Hashan would, at best, be a band-aid fix. The core problem (neutrality sucks) would still be there as long as the group of people who want that neutrality theme to remain aren't clearly told that Hashan does not represent neutrality.

    Have the Triad lead an event where Hashan helps the dark spirits of the Spirit Realm take over that plane. The Crown Institute of Alchemy does a draconian takeover of the anchors, because stars something something spirit something Mayaween something Serpent. Dun dun dun, 'Night has fallen over the Spirit Plane'. This would be a prelude to Hashan becoming the faction that aims to subjugate the rest of the world under Night leadership, because everything is better with a pinch of (dark) spirit -- making it more distinct against Nature, Good, Evil, and Chaos.

    Okay so maybe make shamans and alchemists factional classes to Hashan.

    Shrug, I'm just newly returned to Achaea. But Hashan has always been a favorite of mine, and I'd love to see it spruced up.

    BlujixapugAsmodron
  • KaraiKarai Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 2014

    @Tecton promised something factional for Hashan but he also said there would be no new classes. If anything, Shaman would be to be reworked since it was the first or at least the most profound class for quite a while. Alchemists fit very well but other cities need them for curatives and to make up for the loss of forestals in general. No one's going to be melding shadow into a weapon unless you're making shadow-puppets, no need to be so literal. Although @Penwize suggested that Hashan through some city-wide mechanic, be able to conjure darkness over an area similar to the premise of the Darkenwood that could affect Rights of Dawn, Grove powers..

    This is the curse we all bear, the forums will not be free of Hashan until it is made a relevant city. -makes hand puppets with light from computer-screen-

    Elcryion
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Karai said:

    @Tecton promised something factional for Hashan but he also said there would be no new classes. If anything, Shaman would be to be reworked since it was the first or at least the most profound class for quite a while. Alchemists fit very well but other cities need them for curatives and to make up for the loss of forestals in general. No one's going to be melding shadow into a weapon unless you're making shadow-puppets, no need to be so literal. Although @Penwize suggested that Hashan through some city-wide mechanic, be able to conjure darkness over an area similar to the premise of the Darkenwood that could affect Rights of Dawn, Grove powers..

    This is the curse we all bear, the forums will not be free of Hashan until it is made a relevant city. -makes hand puppets with light from computer-screen-

    Bolded: May I ask where?

    As for melding shadow into a weapon, what's wrong with that? You can already meld shadow around you to shroud yourself. You can use the four elements to make yourself a staff.

    How is that so outrageous?

  • KaraiKarai Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Tecton Posts: 978 Pentad
    Vayne said:
    When is Hashan's factional class coming out?
    We've got plans in the works to give Hashan some tools to aide in a stronger factional identity. It doesn't include a new class though, unfortunately.
    Zeon
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean

    It may or may not mean making an existing class factional. Will have to wait and see!

  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean

    The bitching would be too loud, and to be fair, some of it would probably be legitimate, as all of the currently non-factional classes really have been just that for a very, very long time, without even a pretense of factional obligation.  Cyrene and Hashan really do need our own cool classes though, just like all of the other kids.  By my count, we really should both get at least two, and at least one of those should have powerful strategic skills, but it's not like admin can just crank out new classes.  Or hell, maybe admin will just wade in and re-designate some classes with grandfathering for those who don't want to move (which a fair few will also hate, as there seems to be a decent sized contingent that is anti-grandfathering too).  

  • KotaruKotaru Member Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Now I'm wishing for classes to have a skill based on which city you live in to replace those lost to tradeskills. Though serpent doesn't really have an extraneous one, unless you make all of Hypnosis a Subterfuge ability.

    Wei
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Serpent's not going to become factional.

    If it did, it'd go straight to Mhaldor, since the Naga is the only House to have any sort of Serpent-oriented relevance in forever.

    Shirszae
  • WeiWei Monterey, CaliforniaMember Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    City skills would be rad.

    ShirszaeZeonPraxides
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kotaru said:

    Now I'm wishing for classes to have a skill based on which city you live in to replace those lost to tradeskills. Though serpent doesn't really have an extraneous one, unless you make all of Hypnosis a Subterfuge ability.

    Unless the plan has changed, venom is one of the tradeskills (because milking) being split off.

  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean

    It's not as though Venoms are what, y'know, makes a Serpent a Serpent.

  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,035 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jules said:

    The bitching would be too loud, and to be fair, some of it would probably be legitimate, as all of the currently non-factional classes really have been just that for a very, very long time, without even a pretense of factional obligation.  , Cyrene and Hashan really do need our own cool classes though, just like all of the other kids.  By my count, we really should both get at least two, and at least one of those should have powerful strategic skills, but it's not like admin can just crank out new classes.  Or hell, maybe admin will just wade in and re-designate some classes with grandfathering for those who don't want to move (which a fair few will also hate, as there seems to be a decent sized contingent that is anti-grandfathering too).  

    Just to clarify here to the masses, the concept of a 'factional class being cool' doesnt just manifest from thin air. A factional class is made based on the IDEA and THEME of that faction. Take occultists, chaos and its evolution into oblivion is one of the biggest and most flavorful aspect Achaea has ever developed. There are pages upon pages of Achaean events and lore that devoted to the very concept. If the entire theme and idea of chaos was not so developed, then the occultist class wouldnt be such a big player to begin with it, combat aside. Take Mhaldor and Shallam/Targossas as well. Evil and Good have been big themes and players (good having a rocky journey admittedly) and so the classes and factions developed from such causes have the flavor and fun backing them.


    The problem with Hashan and Cyrene isnt a factional class, nor would a factional class solve their problem. The problem is theme and idea. Fix that first, and -then- you could produce your herald class to unleash on the world.


    Peace.


    MelodieTharvis
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sorry for using my imagination. :(
    Wei
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Elcryion said:

    A lot of Hashan's problems can be solved if its theme (the Night) is actually manifested, no need to create a whole new class. Conversely, creating a new class for Hashan would, at best, be a band-aid fix. The core problem (neutrality sucks) would still be there as long as the group of people who want that neutrality theme to remain aren't clearly told that Hashan does not represent neutrality.

    Have the Triad lead an event where Hashan helps the dark spirits of the Spirit Realm take over that plane. The Crown Institute of Alchemy does a draconian takeover of the anchors, because stars something something spirit something Mayaween something Serpent. Dun dun dun, 'Night has fallen over the Spirit Plane'. This would be a prelude to Hashan becoming the faction that aims to subjugate the rest of the world under Night leadership, because everything is better with a pinch of (dark) spirit -- making it more distinct against Nature, Good, Evil, and Chaos.

    Okay so maybe make shamans and alchemists factional classes to Hashan.

    Shrug, I'm just newly returned to Achaea. But Hashan has always been a favorite of mine, and I'd love to see it spruced up.

    This just sounds ridiculous to me because I have actually done Spirit Realm RP and have an understanding of what it is IC. It's RP'd as the root of all things, taking it over would (In my view) mean taking over every spirit in the game, including yet not limited to. The Forest, People(adventurer and denizen), animals, monsters, dragons, planets, rocks, cities, everyone who has died permanently, undead, demons, angels, the realm of chaos, creation itself, the gods, etc...etc...etc....

    Unless of course the people who make the game decided on what a spirit truly is and made it make sense everything would become a faction of Night/Darkness and I would just lol myself to another game because of how ridiculous that sounds. 

    Alchemists can easily lead a group with Twilight/Ourania and gain control of the anchors, it's just that easy. Sure the other cities would be mad but turn things such as Phasing and Wormholes over to Twilight and BAM now you have a class which is ready to be a "Dark Knight" class for when trade skills are separated and you have a priestish class(Alchemists) for trade skill separation as well.

    Wei
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Asmodron said:
    Jules said:

    The bitching would be too loud, and to be fair, some of it would probably be legitimate, as all of the currently non-factional classes really have been just that for a very, very long time, without even a pretense of factional obligation.  , Cyrene and Hashan really do need our own cool classes though, just like all of the other kids.  By my count, we really should both get at least two, and at least one of those should have powerful strategic skills, but it's not like admin can just crank out new classes.  Or hell, maybe admin will just wade in and re-designate some classes with grandfathering for those who don't want to move (which a fair few will also hate, as there seems to be a decent sized contingent that is anti-grandfathering too).  

    Just to clarify here to the masses, the concept of a 'factional class being cool' doesnt just manifest from thin air. A factional class is made based on the IDEA and THEME of that faction. Take occultists, chaos and its evolution into oblivion is one of the biggest and most flavorful aspect Achaea has ever developed. There are pages upon pages of Achaean events and lore that devoted to the very concept. If the entire theme and idea of chaos was not so developed, then the occultist class wouldnt be such a big player to begin with it, combat aside. Take Mhaldor and Shallam/Targossas as well. Evil and Good have been big themes and players (good having a rocky journey admittedly) and so the classes and factions developed from such causes have the flavor and fun backing them.


    The problem with Hashan and Cyrene isnt a factional class, nor would a factional class solve their problem. The problem is theme and idea. Fix that first, and -then- you could produce your herald class to unleash on the world.


    Peace.


    I just have to say, I personally have never seen anything wrong with Cyrene that was anywhere near the scale of Hashan. Although I agree that throwing a class into Hashan and making it factional definitely won't solve their problems, it will just give them more players to make miserable and who will quit the game. I literally thought that was what the admins were trying not to have people do (quit the game because their miserable) 

    I'm also pretty sure the players made Occultist RP what it is now, definitely on Oblivion, I mean I surely don't remember Babel being a thing before. Eris was once a player, I'm told, who became a goddess of Chaos. Shaman RPers should have some input if they are going to force us to join the city of wtf is this, I know most people would prefer that Bluef and I quit but I do have fun in this game and I would like to play it and if the admins want me to quit I am very sure they know all they have to do is ask me to. 

    I know the majority of you don't give a shit wtf happens to Shaman, this is because your either not playing the class or probably have a Hashani Shaman alt. Serpents would be pissed if Hashan gained them as a factional class just like the current Shaman would be if the same was done to them. Sure I sit here and say Alchemists for Hashan, but that is because in my view, and in the other cities, the players who play these classes usually just do it to use Transmutation and Transmutation is a trade skill that is being split off from the class sometime after the Renaissance (Or so I understood it that way). This will open those people up to being whatever class they want for whatever reason, and not just to make cures for their city. Which can open it up to being a factional class since those who want to make cures for their cities can just get the new trade skill. 

    ShirszaePraxides
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,305 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Its kind of hilarious how you're dead set against Shaman becoming Hashan's faction class but you're totally fine with serpent doing it, which was (at last count) by far the most played class.

    image
    AsmodronAchimrstShirszaePraxides
  • ElcryionElcryion Member Posts: 9
    Jukilian said:
    Sorry for using my imagination. :(

    Imagination is fine. Your class proposal sounds cool, actually. But a whole new class would mean the Admin having to code in 3 new skills (unless they just take 3 skills existing skills), which is not as easy as it may sound. Not to mention having an event to herald the new class (unless Twilight just goes, 'Boom, new class 4 u Hashan').

  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    Jules said:

    The bitching would be too loud, and to be fair, some of it would probably be legitimate, as all of the currently non-factional classes really have been just that for a very, very long time, without even a pretense of factional obligation.  , Cyrene and Hashan really do need our own cool classes though, just like all of the other kids.  By my count, we really should both get at least two, and at least one of those should have powerful strategic skills, but it's not like admin can just crank out new classes.  Or hell, maybe admin will just wade in and re-designate some classes with grandfathering for those who don't want to move (which a fair few will also hate, as there seems to be a decent sized contingent that is anti-grandfathering too).  

    Just to clarify here to the masses, the concept of a 'factional class being cool' doesnt just manifest from thin air. A factional class is made based on the IDEA and THEME of that faction. Take occultists, chaos and its evolution into oblivion is one of the biggest and most flavorful aspect Achaea has ever developed. There are pages upon pages of Achaean events and lore that devoted to the very concept. If the entire theme and idea of chaos was not so developed, then the occultist class wouldnt be such a big player to begin with it, combat aside. Take Mhaldor and Shallam/Targossas as well. Evil and Good have been big themes and players (good having a rocky journey admittedly) and so the classes and factions developed from such causes have the flavor and fun backing them.


    The problem with Hashan and Cyrene isnt a factional class, nor would a factional class solve their problem. The problem is theme and idea. Fix that first, and -then- you could produce your herald class to unleash on the world.


    Peace.


    I frankly meant this purely in the sense of having unique and powerful abilities that are useful in situations like raids.  As noted, Cyrene isn't broken in the way that some feel Hashan is in any case.  We just need our own special toolbox of abilities like everyone else has.  

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jacen said:
    Its kind of hilarious how you're dead set against Shaman becoming Hashan's faction class but you're totally fine with serpent doing it, which was (at last count) by far the most played class.

    It's also funny that it seems the only people who want Shaman to be Hashan's factional class are people who aren't Shamans. I still have yet to see a Shaman be for that.

    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

    AchimrstBluefShirszae
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,035 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Kayeil said:
    Jacen said:
    Its kind of hilarious how you're dead set against Shaman becoming Hashan's faction class but you're totally fine with serpent doing it, which was (at last count) by far the most played class.

    It's also funny that it seems the only people who want Shaman to be Hashan's factional class are people who aren't Shamans. I still have yet to see a Shaman be for that.

    It's because they dont exist.

  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2014
    Jacen said:
    Its kind of hilarious how you're dead set against Shaman becoming Hashan's faction class but you're totally fine with serpent doing it, which was (at last count) by far the most played class.

    I would be for Shaman going to Hashan, if Hashan wasn't one of the worst cities in the game and didn't metagame everyone who joined it. I can at least hope @Twilight won't support the metagaming community as former unmentioned patrons have in the past.

    Edit: Yet at this point in time I don't think adding city enemies and people who just don't want to be there, to the city would just make it worse. 

    Do you want a worse city? 

    Do you @Jacen or anyone else in Hashan think that adding Bluef and me would help Hashan in any particular way?

    How exactly are Shaman supposed to fix what Night and Darkness are?

    How do you think having a bunch of Shaman who don't want to be in the city is going to make the city better?

Sign In to Comment.