The Next Achaea Class

Comments

• Jukilian said:
    Stemming from the House Renaissance thread...

Something based on Darkness/Night would be cool.

Stemming from the same thread I am wondering wtf people think Darkness/Night is, and in what way it can be an ability? Other than the Necromancy/Occultism ability called Night which just makes it dark.

• edited May 2014

Why can't classes be brought over from the other IRE games already? The only thing I ever liked about Imperian was the Warden class, with its flashy glaive maneuvers and ability to cook things you killed. And it looks like a good fit for the 'wild fighter' type.

• If we're bringing other classes over we need predators first.

• AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited May 2014
    No, Defilers please!

D:
  • @Achimrst

I'm not sure how it would develop into a class, but that can easily be discussed. It's just an idea to me, nothing fleshed out. No need to throw it down as soon as it's mentioned.

• @Jukilian‌

I just don't see how Darkness/Night can be made into abilities.

Lie them to death?
    Manipulate them to death?
    Shoot shadow bolts at people?

If your going with night, I suppose it can be something from all three divine, Ourania throws meteors at people so there is one option. Someone who throws meteors. Can put you to sleep somehow, maybe blind you for darkness. Make a room dark would be a no brainer. 

Although this all sounds like Occultist to me.

@Alcinae How dare you say no Defilers Alcinae! How dare you!!!

Shaman Shamanism from Aetolia please!

• MayMay Texas
    Vampires are night class Imo
  • Kyrra said:
    May said:
    Vampires are night class Imo

Would love to see a class that you can only play for half of every day, with uncurable darkshade while the sun's out.

Everyone seems to want a night class, just because of a small hiccup like incurable nightshade when the sun is out isn't a valid reason to disregard it :P

• The Next Achaea Box.
  • Achimrst said:
    @Jukilian‌

Someone who throws meteors. 

Lusternia has Astrology:

Meteor              Summon the fury of a falling star.

• Virtuoso 66%
    • Syntax: ASTROCAST METEOR AT <person>
              DRAW ZODIAC IN <SALT|BLOOD>
      Damage Type: 50% Fire, 50% Magical
      Damage Source: Magic
      Those who study the stars are acutely aware that the celestial bodies in the heavens are many, and that the planets are but the largest. While the stars answer the call of none, it is possible - though difficult - to summon down a meteor from the heavens.

In order to do this, one must first draw a zodiac circle in either salt or blood upon the ground in a place with a clear view of the heavens. Though any who study Astrology may draw such a circle, only those with mastery of the meteor know its grim purpose. Once done, you may call the fury of the stars upon any transgressor who is affected by a negative zodiac sphere. The full force of the meteor will depend upon how many negative zodiac spheres by which the transgressor is affected. The summoning will consume all of the negative zodiac spheres in the process. A deadly meteor, if empowered by the zodiac energies of six or more negative spheres, will spell almost certain doom.

Additionally, a lesser amount of damage may be done to your personal enemies who stand too close to the focal point of the summoning.

and its upgraded version:

MeteorMajorus       The ultimate destructive power of the stars.

• Mythical 66%
    • Syntax: ASTROCAST METEOR STORM
      Power: 10 (Any)
      Damage Type: 50% Fire, 50% Magic
      Damage Source: Magical
      The full fury of the stars are unleashed by the master Astrologist, who may call down the meteor storm in a similar manner to the lesser meteor strike: first by drawing a zodiac circle under the open sky.

However, unlike the lesser spell, the meteor storm shall deal the full fury of the celestial bodies' wrath to all your personal enemies in the location - provided they are labouring under the energies of a negative zodiac sphere. The zodiac spheres will be consumed by the summoning and converted into raw destructive fury.

• Can Cyrene have dragoons pleeease. Spear wielding, mountain drake riders :(

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited May 2014
    Lilian said:
    Can Cyrene have dragoons pleeease. Spear wielding, mountain drake riders :(

Yes @Lilian, in our imaginations we can give them anything we want.

• WeiWei Monterey, California
    Synbios said:
    Achimrst said:
    @Jukilian‌

Someone who throws meteors. 

Lusternia has Astrology: etc... (scroll up).

Seems pretty Alchemisty to me.

• edited May 2014
    I kind of like the idea of being able to manipulate shadows - perhaps a different flavour of stealth class that is distinct from Serpents.

Edit: Extra thoughts...
    Instead of having boring old Hide, when in a darkened room they are invisible and move undetected (countered by lifevision). Also have the Night ability, to unnaturally make an area dark so that they can move undetected (when they aren't too fussed on stealth) h could also be cool as a way to intimidate people. Someone been bothering you? Imagine you're out hunting or just minding your own business in your city, and you start to notice the area around you is becoming unnaturally dark for some reason.

How many people are out there hiding in the dark? When will they strike? Will they? Who have I wronged? Is there a contact out on me? I'm going to touch shield just in case.
  • Lilian said:
    Can Cyrene have dragoons pleeease. Spear wielding, mountain drake riders :(

Lusternia has Cavaliers, a Knighthood specialization that deals with mounted combat.

These are their two final abilities:

BashBrain           Crushing the skull and that which it contains.
    • Mythical 90%
    • Bodypart: Head
      Minimum Wound State: Critical
      Maneuver: Swing, two-handed polearm
      Mounted: Yes
      If you manage to get your opponent's head in critical condition, you have a chance of splattering his or her brains from here to kingdom come. The result is an instant death.
    Skewer              Strike someone through the chest for a fatal wound.
    • Transcendent  0%
    • Syntax: SKEWER <target>
      Power:  4 (Any)
      If your target is sufficiently incapacitated, notably with critical wounds on his chest and gut, and either a crushed chest or a severed spine, you may impale them right through their ribcage for a fatal strike.
    I do not, in any way, implicitly endorse migration to another game. Mind you, I stopped playing Lusternia a long time ago because Achaea still appealed to me even though Lusternia has time-warping commiesCollectivists, fire-breathing hippies, angel-hosting zealots and so on.

• Another thought, would be kinda cool if the Serpent Lords remodel into more of a House of thieves, spies, and assassins as a result of the Renaissance, cause something like what I mentioned before would be an interesting addition that could work well with Serpents.
  • Achaea's classes and systems are so primitive compared to the other IRE games. D: I want it to assimilate everything from them.

• Down with primitive class systems!

• I think people need to stop trying to copy paste exact copies of classes from the other IRE games and use some imagination.
  • Jukilian said:
    I think people need to stop trying to copy paste exact copies of classes from the other IRE games and use some imagination.

I'm pretty sure those are all idea starters though. Think @Jukilian wtf is a darkness/night?

• @Achimrst‌
    If you're just going to keep following my posts continually asking "wtf is a dark" seemingly without reading my posts and without anything constructive or doing it with the kind of attitude I've seen so far, then I see no reason why I should worry about responding to you regarding these things.

On the other train of thought, nothing wrong with idea starters (hint, what I've been suggesting is an idea starter). There's stuff wrong with wanting the same class from X in Achaea when it -may- not suit. Just try to avoid straight copying stuff, is all.
  • Jukilian said:
    @Achimrst‌
    If you're just going to keep following my posts continually asking "wtf is a dark" seemingly without reading my posts and without anything constructive or doing it with the kind of attitude I've seen so far, then I see no reason why I should worry about responding to you regarding these things.

On the other train of thought, nothing wrong with idea starters (hint, what I've been suggesting is an idea starter). There's stuff wrong with wanting the same class from X in Achaea when it -may- not suit. Just try to avoid straight copying stuff, is all.

I am just trying to keep the conversation going and your shooting down everyones ideas that aren't your own. I read what you said about manipulating shadows and I didn't say anything bad about it at all. Yet you chose to attack those trying to help and act like the victim when I ask you for more ideas that are better than theirs.

• Kotaru said:

Achaea's classes and systems are so primitive compared to the other IRE games. D: I want it to assimilate everything from them.

Primitive? What an odd way of saying 'classic'.

• edited May 2014
    I've not attacked anyone, not intentionally at least. I made a blanket statement that we should avoid just trying to copy what the other IRE games have.

In my posts in response to yours, the attitude I've interpreted from your comments regarding the suggestion of something based on the idea of dark/night has seemed hostile, and I have been trying to avoid coming across as unreasonably hostile and rude myself in response to your statements.

You may not have said anything specifically against my previous post on something that sounded interesting to me, but you did follow it up with a "Jukilian wtf is darkness/night".

You can make as many blind assumptions about my character (not IG character, for context) as you like, but do avoid trying to publicly sully me with your opinions about me.

I will likely come back here later after work to see if I can add anything more on to my idea, purely for fun.

(Time to get back on topic!)
  • Jukilian said:
    I've not attacked anyone, not intentionally at least. I made a blanket statement that we should avoid just trying to copy what the other IRE games have.

In my posts in response to yours, the attitude I've interpreted from your comments regarding the suggestion of something based on the idea of dark/night has seemed hostile, and I have been trying to avoid coming across as unreasonably hostile and rude myself in response to your statements.

You may not have said anything specifically against my previous post on something that sounded interesting to me, but you did follow it up with a "Jukilian wtf is darkness/night".

You can make as many blind assumptions about my character (not IG character, for context) as you like, but do avoid trying to publicly sully me with your opinions about me.

I will likely come back here later after work to see if I can add anything more on to my idea, purely for fun.

(Time to get back on topic!)

I'm not sure how you get an attitude from such a small comment, but it was a legitimate question to stir up ideas on what kind of abilities should come from Darkness/Night. As I said before Darkness is just kind of....darkness...it's not much of anything really it's the unknown I suppose. Yet Night can be many things in my view, such as the Moon/Meteor thing which started this whole thing about copy paste abilities from other IRE games. Maybe you just think of me as an enemy or something? 

Yet I don't think anyone truly wants to just copy them over, I could be wrong on that,  just start ideas based on what IRE has accomplished already.

• My comment about stuff from other games was as a result of a trend that (IIRC) has appeared several times in this thread, which was admittedly sparked by the stuff from just recently.

As for attitude, I see a difference between "wtf is darkness" and "can you elaborate on what that would look like?". One sounds more abrasive than the other. I don't think of you as an enemy at all.

But yeah, I agree with what was said earlier that the Astrology stuff seems much more like something an Alchemist would use.

Darkness theme could lead to a number of different avenues, just like Night. I'll post a bigger thing on it when I have more time.
  • Darkness could include a variety of different things such as the manipulation of shadows (wherever there is light, there are shadows). I could see Shroud potentially being an ability to include for the class.

As for offensive, I'm not entirely sure what that would look like. If you go with the aforementioned idea that this kind of class could utilise a Scythe (I can't remember who first mentioned it, otherwise I'd tag them), that would be an interesting mix. Stealth, shadow, scythes. Or maybe sickles. Or maybe both. Who knows!

• Jukilian said:
    I kind of like the idea of being able to manipulate shadows - perhaps a different flavour of stealth class that is distinct from Serpents.

Edit: Extra thoughts...
    Instead of having boring old Hide, when in a darkened room they are invisible and move undetected (countered by lifevision). Also have the Night ability, to unnaturally make an area dark so that they can move undetected (when they aren't too fussed on stealth) h could also be cool as a way to intimidate people. Someone been bothering you? Imagine you're out hunting or just minding your own business in your city, and you start to notice the area around you is becoming unnaturally dark for some reason.

How many people are out there hiding in the dark? When will they strike? Will they? Who have I wronged? Is there a contact out on me? I'm going to touch shield just in case.

Dude yes. Hide In Plain Sight. Sneak attack every round for +10d6.

• edited May 2014

Achimrst said:
    Jukilian said:
    Stemming from the House Renaissance thread...

Something based on Darkness/Night would be cool.

Stemming from the same thread I am wondering wtf people think Darkness/Night is, and in what way it can be an ability? Other than the Necromancy/Occultism ability called Night which just makes it dark.

How is this a hard question? Have you never played any other fantasy MMO or heck even fantasy tactical game and seen the 'dark and/or evil' concepts? There are loads upon loads.

Heck, drawing from one of our sister Muds, Midkemia-Online, there is entire kit devoted to utilizing and worship of shadows and darkness (sorry for incoming scrolling):

Shadoweaving:

Ability Description
    Shadowsense Discern the quantity of shadows you control.
    The Lord's Cloak Wear the perfidious mark of Lord Kalkin.
    Forgotten Pocket Construct a place of holding inside your vestments.
    Hidden Whispers Speak through the darkness to those nearby.
    Greater Heal A potent prayer of greater healing.
    Shadow Passage Bring forth a path to beguile those who walk it.
    Phatasm Spin a shadow-wrought illusion.
    Torturous Whip Honeyed words are but one solution.
    Shadow Theft Possession is nine tenths of the law.
    Living Shade Bring forth a creature from the Realm of Shadows.
    Projection Cast your mind into a distant shadow.
    Mimic Your shadow can speak volumes to the studious.
    Grotesque Visage Distort your disguise to disgusting proportions.
    Deceit In the wrong hands, a confession is more than words.
    Shadowlance Throw a shadowlance at a distant target.
    Silentcall A silent prayer to coax the darkness.
    Marionette Puppet a loyal creature to do your bidding.
    Liebound Stalker Send forth your Shade after its prey.
    Eclipse Blanket the sky in an impenetrable eclipse.
    Masquerade Weave another layer of intricacies into your disguise.
    Twilight Road Walk the path towards the Realm of Shadows.
    Desperate Prayer A desperate plea for healing from the Lord of Shadows.
    Scarab Curse Beseech the swarm to place their curse and burrow deep.
    Storm of Shadows Become the focus of a ferocious and powerful storm.
    Night's Horror The darkness will become your victim's worst nightmare.
    Shadeskin Wear the skin of your Shade.
    Oubliette Trap an unsuspecting fool in a prison of darkness.

Heck if given a week I could even probably produce an entire Darkness themed class on my own :P. It's no biggy.