The Next Achaea Class

Comments

• If anything they need to do a better fitting class than Paladins for Targossas. Maybe an Aggressor type class rather than a protector type class.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Kakotas said:
    If anything they need to do a better fitting class than Paladins for Targossas. 
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Kakotas said:
    If anything they need to do a better fitting class than Paladins for Targossas. 

imageimage

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • ninja
  • edited July 2013
    Mako said:
    ninja
    A mix of Blademaster and Syssin. I like it.

Edit: No fangs and venom glands on this one please -,-
  • Wepons like the shurkin, or  nunchaku. Death from above etc....

• Or a sword and board knight, that might be LOGICAL
  • I would like to see a class that strictly uses a bow, not just for sniping but something that could perhaps use the bow itself as a weapon while still being able to shoot.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• Hanley said:
    I would like to see a class that strictly uses a bow, not just for sniping but something that could perhaps use the bow itself as a weapon while still being able to shoot.
    that issue was brought up. The fact is that the class would have snipe (obv) that would work at ranged but since every other class depends on being in the same room as said target, the class wouldn't be able to use it's other abilities at ranged whilst still maintaining a sense of balance/fun in combat. 

• Hanley said:
    I would like to see a class that strictly uses a bow, not just for sniping but something that could perhaps use the bow itself as a weapon while still being able to shoot.
    that issue was brought up. The fact is that the class would have snipe (obv) that would work at ranged but since every other class depends on being in the same room as said target, the class wouldn't be able to use it's other abilities at ranged whilst still maintaining a sense of balance/fun in combat. 
    I think what he meant was a class that would also use same-room attacks, ala pinshot, or slamming the wood of the bow on its foes jaw if he got within fisticuff range.

• I would really like to see a class that uses two-handed weapons without some vague reference to being a ninja/samurai (blademaster). Barbarian would be awesome. Or a class that uses one-handed bladed weapons AND a shield. P much looking at DnD classes for inspiration. Fighters would be the inspiration for that. 

• How bout dat necro doe @Sarapis @Tecton

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Probably best to wait with suggesting new classes till after multiclass/tradeskill split. It'll be hard enough for them to balance that as is, without adding a wildcard.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I don't listen to Belgians. 

• We just need one good, extremely overpowered class. 

• I still like dragonslayer

Bring Fairy Tail to Achaea 2014
  • A summoner would be a lot of fun too. 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

I don't listen to Belgians. 

I don't listen to me, too
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• In all seriousness could use another Evil class, another Chaos class and another neutral class. Then maybe give Hashan some love if they stop acting like chatroom morons.
  • Jovolo said:
    In all seriousness could use another Evil class
    Tekura, Kaido, Necromancy. Evil monks that vivisect
  • Kafziel said:
    Jovolo said:
    In all seriousness could use another Evil class
    Tekura, Kaido, Necromancy. Evil monks that vivisect
    With their bare hands!

• You spelt bear wrong!
  • Pretty sure Sarapis lol'd at the idea of another class at this point.

• Or facepalmed.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Not sure if this has been said yet but. Instead of making a new class from scratch: Why not just remove all the bow skills from knights/serpents and put them into their own class called Naga, then give serpents soulspear and beckon and rename them to Serpostate? That way there's no redundancy and we all get some new classes!
  • edited April 2014
    I was thinking of a couple.

One, a sort of armored cavalry class that relies much more on mounts than most classes, can only do their major skills while mounted, and has the ability to armor the mount to make it safer than most mounts. Not only would they have fullplate, they'd be able to give their mounts something like fullplate too. I am not sure of the balance involved, but if their mounts should either be impossible to kill or next to impossible. That, or the class would be able to feed the mount health and mana potions to make the MOUNT do skills as well as the character. Or at least make it have some skills like the Knight's falcon.

Two, I was thinking of a class whose weapon is the darkbow and who are not peripherally archers like the current bow-using classes are but exclusively so. One skill concept I think would be appropriate is being able to shoot while mounted, thereby combining archery with mobility. Mounted archers were the signature weapon of Genghis Khan's Mongol hordes. They would swiftly ride up to the enemy, fire their bows, and speed away. Two, I was thinking of allowing this class the "point blank" ability, which would allow archery while in the same room as the target. However, they probably should be at full power out of the room with the enemy and should have some skills to allow for that sort of evasion -- but not as powerfully as serpents.
  • Let's just stop the rumor right here, mounted bowmen were in use and a 'signature' way before the Mongol hordes. 

• That's not a contradiction of what Aalm said in any way, though. Or are you saying that they didn't actually use mounted bowmen at all?
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Sarapis said:

If there was to be a next class, it'd probably be the anti-Jester, to give Jesters a factional enemy.

I'm thinking Mimes. They pretend they're in a box, and suddenly they ARE in a box. *jazz hands*

Don't tease me, @Sarapis‌! My Coat of Arms is already a mime. I have a definite fondness for them in Achaea. :(

I would change class and never look back.