The Next Achaea Class

edited June 2013 in North of Thera
Heya! I just was thinking recently, wondering if within the next year we would see a new class emerge in Achaea. Blademaster, then Alchemist were the last two.. What would you like to see next? What skills would they have, and what would each skill do? 

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    But, I wanted to have a class based fully on @Sarapis, working in the magic of numbers and strings of words that make no sense to outsiders....
  • Mishgul said:
    i think jester type class would really add to the flavour of achaea.
    We can always use more jester class
  • Seems OP, but a @Xenomorph based class might work for the strings of words that make no sense to outsiders.
  • Echald said:
    Seems OP, but a @Xenomorph based class might work for the strings of words that make no sense to outsiders.
    But we already have a jester class.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Eld said:
    I don't care what the next Achaea class is as long as there's no homework.
    That was terrible

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I would have given anything for a class on Achaea in school.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • The next class is easy to figure out.

Alchemists were the last class.

Alchemists invent black powder, and the Arquebusier class is born.
  • I had an idea 3 months days ago about a class that I'd love to play. 

I'll maybe post something about it when I'll be done with House works.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Sarapis said:
    If there was to be a next class, it'd probably be the anti-Jester, to give Jesters a factional enemy.

I'm thinking Mimes. They pretend they're in a box, and suddenly they ARE in a box. *jazz hands*
    Factional enemy should be Bureaucrat. They would be a nasty opponent in group combat--- could do a combination of Cata and Pit where you are cut off from your party and must run an endless and endlessly shifting maze of paperwork and permissions until you drop dead.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Better idea! Instead of a new Class, make a new House that allows Apostates in Ashtan! Because then I can have my favorite class while being able to do whatever the hell I want.
  • edited June 2013
    Jiraishin said:
    Sarapis said:
    If there was to be a next class, it'd probably be the anti-Jester, to give Jesters a factional enemy.

I'm thinking Mimes. They pretend they're in a box, and suddenly they ARE in a box. *jazz hands*
    Factional enemy should be Bureaucrat. They would be a nasty opponent in group combat--- could do a combination of Cata and Pit where you are cut off from your party and must run an endless and endlessly shifting maze of paperwork and permissions until you drop dead.

The Class I thought about was actually Courtier. A very low efficiency in combat and bashing, compensated with bonuses with social things (for exemple, free letters in post offices). 

I have to think more about it.
  • edited June 2013
    EDIT: Better not...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Jiraishin said:
    Sarapis said:

We have bureaucrats.....and they corrupt every city! Go get em jesters!    Also we need more mimes I want to see that fun rope trick!
  • I've been working on an archer-based class skillset, which builds on the current archery system. I'll post once I finish.

@blujixapug i love the piracy idea. Maybe seafaring skills boosts as well?

Just throwin' that out there.
  • Mordric said:
    I've been working on an archer-based class skillset, which builds on the current archery system. I'll post once I finish.

@blujixapug i love the piracy idea. Maybe seafaring skills boosts as well?

Just throwin' that out there.
    I was specifically avoiding tying them in with Seafaring, with the exception of a couple of minor abilities for flavour, like +1 move/second if you're on a vessel. I thought if they had too many mechanical advantages in Seafaring, eg. if their darts did more damage or they could sail faster, then that would mean every other class is no longer competitive at Seafaring. Which would be bad.
  • Sentinel type class with archery. Think Bowmanship, Woodlore, MadAxes Metamorphosis/Pet Taming Skill.

Runic mage type class. Think Tarot, Runelore, Elementalism.

That is all.
  • @blujixapug yeah, I was thinkin only minor stuff, one or two perks to the seafaring skill, and maybe only at near trans? There's got to be a way to balance it out
  • edited June 2013
    I think a ranger/hunter would be awesome, able to tame certain animals for awesomeness(maybe certain ones have different skills?) or a raven companion similar to falcons for knight classes. A dual blade and bow fighting style, I would guess something between a serpent/forestal since they will be attuned with nature. You could also scrap the dual blade idea and just go with the bow, extra skills and powerful attacks while using the bow as well as less of a drawback from getting hit while ranging.

They could trace others, smell certain types of monsters, a bit of increased damage versus animals as well as volley, which could be an AoE in a room that hits everyone similar to arc.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

I'd so love a straight archer class. It really would not be too different from serpent, except all melee skills would be replaced with strictly ranger-based ones.  

It would be glorious.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited June 2013
    Just some ideas for an Archery skillset, that builds on our current bowmanship system. Here's a few abilities.

EYEPOKE

You grip an arrow and reach out, stabbing your opponent in the eyes, blinding them.
    ^Self-explainatory.

TWINARROW

You knock two arrows at once and let them fly at <target>.
    ^works like a doubleslash, can be envenomed to deal two seperate venoms. A bow ability you can ACTUALLY use in the same room as your opponent. 

ARROWYANK

requires that you have a piece of rope in your inventory

You swiftly tie a rope to an arrow and fire it <direction> at <target>.Harpooning them with your arrow, you snatch them into the room with you. 
    ^works like yank, but deals minor damage. 

BINDINGARROW

requires that you have a piece of rope in your inventory.

You swiftly tie a rope to an arrow and fire it in an arcing, encircling shot at <target>., tying them up and knocking them down.
    ^Knocks your opponent prone and must be writhed from, like a web tattoo. If already bound, it gives lvl two BINDINGARROW, which takes longer to writhe from, like transfix.

And last but not least.

ARROWSTORM

Requires that your opponent be both bound with BINDINGARROW  lvl 2 and below half health.

You rapidly fire several arrows into the air, which arc downward into the body of <target>, slaying them instantly.
    ^Wonderful little insta-kill in there for ya.

Feedback please.