Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Next Achaea Class

13468912

Comments

  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wei said:
    The idea is to be a roguish class that doesn't bite, have venom, or use hypnosis, which is something I've always been disappointed doesn't exist in Achaea. Also, it might be cool if it were slightly rangerish.

    SOUNDS LIKE PIRATES

    image
    SylvanceWeiTohran
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,873 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Bows are a mystery to the common folk and hunters of the world, being only useable by those granted knighthood and slippery snakes. The common people are not to learn the way of the Bow, alongside not knowing how to make fire or chop wood. Such is the will of the Sarapidius Tectonis.

  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,734 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iocun said:

    Someone (I forgot who, sadly) once posted some really neat ideas about a class focusing on polearms. That was a cool idea. We need more blunt weapon love.

    IIRC most of the polearms aren't blunt.

    AntidasArador
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Whatever, nerd!

  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Just make it feasible for a knight to wield two flails, or two clubs, or two baseball bats. Who cares. Just make blunt weapons more viable, aside from the pure shatter it is now.

    Arador
  • StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean

    Is the Naga class (archers) done yet?

    image
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,873 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2014
    Strata said:

    Is the Naga class (archers) done yet?

    But you have the venom aspect down so well, why change? :)

  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarapis said:

    If I was to propose a new class it'd probably be something like (and this doesn't mean it would be like this...I'm not the only voice in the room. It's ultimately Tecton's call.)

    • Some kind of class that does pure physical damage, though obviously augmented by "magic" of some kind while not making it feel quite like magic, as no non-magical class could possibly compete with Achaea's classes. Probably something embodying pure unbridled battle rage, ala barbarians. Big two-handed weapons (battleaxes, etc), berserking state,  close-in over-the-top physical beatdowns, etc. Pick up your opponent, break his back, if you kill him, hurl his body at an enemy doing 70% of max health damage. That kind of thing, along with massive damage/bone-breaking weapon strikes. Point is the 'feeling' of the class rather than the actual mechanics, for now.

    Not terribly relevant as while we will do new classes at some point, that time is not now. Much work to do on existing classes/multi-classing first.

    I was just going through this and does this hypothetical class sound like Runewarden to anyone else? I mean the only magic they do is draw a rune on a weapon and hit you with it.

    Eurulis
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    In the spirit of speculation, I'd love to see fast, agile woodlands warriors that don't depend on groves or metamorphosis. Something in the 'Marchwarden' mold highlighted in Tolkien stories (the guardians of Lothlorien, and the sort of fighting Mablung, in the Children of Hurin, did). Spear and/or single sword, up close, no heavy armor (chainmail's mentioned), possessing excellent sneakiness, and skill with bows. It wouldn't be crazily different from Chivalry, but more emphasis on quick, ambush-style attacks and such.

    WeiShirszaeHanleyAsmodron
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anedhel said:

    In the spirit of speculation, I'd love to see fast, agile woodlands warriors that don't depend on groves or metamorphosis. Something in the 'Marchwarden' mold highlighted in Tolkien stories (the guardians of Lothlorien, and the sort of fighting Mablung, in the Children of Hurin, did). Spear and/or single sword, up close, no heavy armor (chainmail's mentioned), possessing excellent sneakiness, and skill with bows. It wouldn't be crazily different from Chivalry, but more emphasis on quick, ambush-style attacks and such.

    You could so easily RP a current Serpent class. OK, so it's a dirk, not a sword, but still, there's probably enough to work with


    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,873 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Anedhel said:

    In the spirit of speculation, I'd love to see fast, agile woodlands warriors that don't depend on groves or metamorphosis. Something in the 'Marchwarden' mold highlighted in Tolkien stories (the guardians of Lothlorien, and the sort of fighting Mablung, in the Children of Hurin, did). Spear and/or single sword, up close, no heavy armor (chainmail's mentioned), possessing excellent sneakiness, and skill with bows. It wouldn't be crazily different from Chivalry, but more emphasis on quick, ambush-style attacks and such.

    You could so easily RP a current Serpent class. OK, so it's a dirk, not a sword, but still, there's probably enough to work with

    Not exactly. I believe what Anedhel was getting at is a more 'rough and tumble' class that utilizes basic (and perhaps savage) skills to their advantage to bring down an opponent. Think of it as what a warrior raised in the forests would most likely become. Savage in their assaults (not trained and precise like a knight's chivalry), resourceful in their environment (utilizing aspects around them to enhance their effectiveness), crafting basic weapons to deal out damage for quick kills, rather than stacking of venoms for locks. Heck I could even see them wearing an animal skin to assist in camouflage.

    SylvanceJhaeli
  • MithridatesMithridates Member Posts: 1,956 @ - Epic Achaean
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaesatae
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Er... kind of. I'm not thinking of savages, exactly, but yes, it's kind of tribal warfare, in the sense that it relies on stealth and savagery, not finesse. Optimally, the class'd be exceedingly powerful with groups of them (I'm thinking that they'd work really, really well with 2-3 other Marchwardens, and be unstoppable if there are, say, five of 'em in a room. Relatively weak on their own). I don't like the imagery of animal skins or anysuch, since they're not sentinels with armour, they're a clever, organized, well-trained soldier, that just happens to be more guerilla warfare than medieval battlefield warfare.

    Wei
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    I always wanted to see a weaponsmaster kind of class. A person that gained proficiencies in every type of weapon and had a variety of attacks and afflictions with each one, allowing him to seamlessly change his weapons mid combat. He wouldn't use weapons the conventional way, so hopefully the straight speed meta wouldn't work on him.

    His instakill is omnislash with all of the different weapons.

    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
    Jukilian
  • MithridatesMithridates Member Posts: 1,956 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited May 2014
    Anedhel said:

    Er... kind of. I'm not thinking of savages, exactly, but yes, it's kind of tribal warfare, in the sense that it relies on stealth and savagery, not finesse. Optimally, the class'd be exceedingly powerful with groups of them (I'm thinking that they'd work really, really well with 2-3 other Marchwardens, and be unstoppable if there are, say, five of 'em in a room. Relatively weak on their own). I don't like the imagery of animal skins or anysuch, since they're not sentinels with armour, they're a clever, organized, well-trained soldier, that just happens to be more guerilla warfare than medieval battlefield warfare.

    Why not just make a Hoplites class then? Same difference, essentially. Raids would be boring, though, except for the guerrilla warfare thing. 

  • WeiWei Monterey, CaliforniaMember Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    What if there were a class that didn't depend on afflictions at all?  :o

  • AccipiterAccipiter Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Wei they had that but decided to nerf AXK.

    AtalkezWei
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wei said:
    What if there were a class that didn't depend on afflictions at all?  :o


    WeiSylvance
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    AXK nerf didn't kill monk. If you relied on enf/axk I feel bad for you for not learning the class.

    NellaundraArador
  • WeiWei Monterey, CaliforniaMember Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    If you're having monk problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but AXK ain't one.


    But that may be because I'm a magi.
    YaeSylvanceJhaeli
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,734 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    To be fair to Asmodron, it's not the worst idea I've ever heard. I'm not excited about it thematically myself, but how many of us older players begged in various spurts for the better part of a DECADE to be just like Lucaine Pyramides? And now we have blademasters.

    Jhaeli
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,873 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2014
    Let's get creatively crazy (cause I'm stuck with no laptop till tomorrow). It came out to be a more secondary/complimentary kit.

    PSIONICS:

    Push: a crude show of force. Push someone mentally away from you. If there is any form of physical blockade in the direction, target will take damage and stun.

    Clairvoyance: Your practice in mental manipulations has expanded your mental capacity, allowing you to perform psionic the abilities simultaneously with actions
    (PSIONICS has own balance)

    Psifist: send an expression of force into another, dealing a damaging blow. May be targeted to limbs.

    Choke: create a force of pressure upon another's throat, damaging them and making them unable to swallow for a moment.

    Pyro: heat the air around another and light them up like a torch.

    BrainWrack: burst blood vessels in your targets brain, causing damage and bleeding. If target's head is moderately broken, then they will receive a blackout. If sufficiently, then they will also receive a concussion

    Trauma: send a sharp force to your target's torso, causing enhanced body damage. If target has crushed chest, then they will receive heavy bleeding. If has mutilated chest, then they will also receive hefty damage and heart palpitations.

    PsiScream: let out a psionic scream, damaging all enemies in the room. Will also strip deafness, if a target can already hear, then will bring them to their knees.

    Gravity: remind those above of the effects of gravity by bringing them crashing to the earth. strips levitation.

    Cuts: send a dagger or one-handed sword to slash at your target.

    Lift: give someone a lift sending them hurtling above. If there is a ceiling, then target will receive damage.

    Blowtorch: if a target is alight, then you may fan the flames into a large pyre, causing hefty damage and burnt flesh (unable to apply salves except epidermal to cure).

    Teleport: focusing upon yourself, push your body through space and time to an ally, requires few seconds of intense focus to accomplish.

    Mend: force your flesh to mend and sow itself back together, heavily reducing your own bleeding and healing yourself so slightly. Uses all balance.

    MassForce: with some immense focus, send out a wave of psionic force to push all those around you away. Mass will determine a chance of a target being pushed hard enough Or not. If any blockades in a direction, then targets will crash threw, breaking it.

    MassTeleport: by focusing upon an ally, you can Teleport to their location with 3 following.

    Banish: send one before you to a random unmonolithed room in the area. Monolith will thwart.

    Flight: send yourself to the heavens, carrying your body through the skies. Will be a constant mana drain while doing such.

    Brainsplosion: with some immense focus on your target, make their very brain explode in a gory spectacle. Requires total focus for several seconds to accomplish.

    Eviscerate: it your target has a crushed chest and two crushed limbs, then you may tear them limb from limb.
    Sylvance
  • MayMay TexasMember Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I would like to see a ranger class: woodlore/subterfuge for traps and sneakiness with creature companion mix with healers based skill like priest and maybe new weapon a sword that also a whip
    image
    Wei
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,144 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wei said:
    The idea is to be a roguish class that doesn't bite, have venom, or use hypnosis, which is something I've always been disappointed doesn't exist in Achaea. Also, it might be cool if it were slightly rangerish.

    SOUNDS LIKE PIRATES

    While I don't hate it, pirates are more a profession. 




    AsmodronTrevize
  • SunnySunny Member Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Ok I have a suggestion...Though I haven't read how Multiclassing is going to work so...well here goes

    How about a class with Subterfuge, Venoms and Necromancy. Kind of like a rival to the regular serpents.

    SylvanceAsmodron
  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
    Sunny said:

    Ok I have a suggestion...Though I haven't read how Multiclassing is going to work so...well here goes

    How about a class with Subterfuge, Venoms and Necromancy. Kind of like a rival to the regular serpents.

    How about reading how it works then, what you suggested won't happen.

    KyrraKresslackTharvisSylvance
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Whilst we're choosing skillsets at random and calling them a class, how about a class with: TwoArts, Harmonics and Pranks?

    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AlaskarAlaskar Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Elementalism, crystalsim, harmonics plz

    AchimrstTharvis
Sign In to Comment.