The Next Achaea Class

Comments

• WeiWei Monterey, California

This stealthy, scythe-wielding, darkness manipulating, night-assassin class (with henceforth shall be known as Reaper) sounds like an awesome idea. I want it to happen, now, so Hashan can have that factional class it so desperately desires.

Also, when trade skills are separated, Alchemist plus a new skill could be a good factional class to tie in with @Ourania‌'s whole deal. She represents not only the moon (space stuff!), but also change (alchemy is all about that).

Let's just suddenly have a factional class for each of the Triad! :D

I'm only half-kidding with that, although I have no idea what the third class would be.

• Wei said:

This stealthy, scythe-wielding, darkness manipulating, night-assassin class (with henceforth shall be known as Reaper) sounds like an awesome idea. I want it to happen, now, so Hashan can have that factional class it so desperately desires.

Also, when trade skills are separated, Alchemist plus a new skill could be a good factional class to tie in with @Ourania‌'s whole deal. She represents not only the moon (space stuff!), but also change (alchemy is all about that).

Let's just suddenly have a factional class for each of the Triad! :D

I'm only half-kidding with that, although I have no idea what the third class would be.

Probably Shaman....

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited May 2014
    Idk if anyone mentioned this yet because I refuse to read back 8 pages (sorry, it's been a long day), but I wish we had an outrider class very similar to those in Imperian. The big difference that I'd like to see Achaea institute for it though would be that it would be required NOT to be tied to any city or House, so it would essentially be a rogue class. Flavor-wise class members could specialize in a region (desert, tundra, or jungle) in order to get unique loyal (similar to different snakes for serpents but something regionally specific). 

I know there is absolutely now administrative support for this at the moment, but I think it could become quite popular as a class and could lead to some wonderful clan/High Clan roleplay apart from the toils of unity, and cohesion and all that other city-related crap that frays my roleplay nerves. 

• @Wei‌
    Now that I think more on it, Scythes seem to near to Thoth's realm of death (he uses one), as does the placeholder name of Reaper.
    Jukilian said:
    Now that I think more on it, Scythes seem to near to Thoth's realm of death (he uses one), as does the placeholder name of Reaper.

Well... back to the drawing board, then. Is there a different style of weapon they should use, or should they be a spell-caster type (I think we'd be better off using Alchemists for that, actually). Perhaps some kind of awesome, stealthy, Dark Knight?

• edited May 2014
    Names are made up (badly) on the spot, but you get the idea:

Nightblades - spellblade type class using night magic

Shadow: shadow ent - your shadow comes alive (like angels/baalz)
    Nightbow: archery using a bow but not arrows in in-room (melee) situations (shoot bolts of shadow) with maybe just a few limited ranged abilities
    Darkstar: think tarot, but spells prepared and 'stored' in a black gem. rub the gem for a spell, a second later it's ready and you can cast it.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I like those ideas.

Have their weapons actually be "night blades", ie blades made of shadow and have their own unique fighting style. Maybe super quick low damage, with special effects (while trying to remain uniquely different to Dirk dstabbing)

Make the bows unique to standard bows would be great, and instead of venoms you imbue the bolts with magical effects or something.
  • Trevize said:
    Names are made up (badly) on the spot, but you get the idea:

Nightblades - spellblade type class using night magic

Shadow: shadow ent - your shadow comes alive (like angels/baalz)
    Nightbow: archery using a bow but not arrows in in-room (melee) situations (shoot bolts of shadow) with maybe just a few limited ranged abilities
    Darkstar: think tarot, but spells prepared and 'stored' in a black gem. rub the gem for a spell, a second later it's ready and you can cast it.

I like the Shadow ent idea, something like a Homunculus that is invulnerable to being hit and just afflicts someone on command, or even chokes them or something.

Nightbow was meh for me.

Darkstar sounds fun.

• Achimrst said:
    I like the Shadow ent idea, something like a Homunculus that is invulnerable to being hit and just afflicts someone on command, or even chokes them or something.

Nightbow was meh for me.

Darkstar sounds fun.

I was kinda iffy on nightbow, but the idea is taking something already in game (bows) and using it as a basis for melee spells rather than ranged physical combat - completely switch it up, make something original out of something already existing.

I didn't put this in there, but the concept for the class would be a blade of obsidian that is required for the class. you wouldn't need it for novice skills, but past that you'd need to imbue it and keep it on you (sort of like blademaster swords or songblessed rapiers).

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Wei said:

I want a Dark Knight because Batman.

If we want to go full batman with a dark knight, we need batarangs.

• A weapon that I just recently thought of that'd be cool for a dark class is to use a pair of Crescent blades made of Shadow. Would be cool to have a different type of dual wielding class.
  • No more dual wielding pls

Throwable crescent blades? Also grappling hooks?

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited May 2014
    Wei said:
    Throwable crescent blades? Also grappling hooks?

grappling hooks.....Dark Knights can roll Atavian and fly or just get a ring artie.

Edit: Third option, flying mounts.

• I was kind of thinking more along the lines of Crescent blades like what Diana uses in LoL.
    .. Not Batman's batarangs :P

(Doubt image will show as I'm on my phone)
    http://i.imgur.com/1NKbu79.png
  • I think there is more hope of aligning one of the current classes to Hashan (shaman, alchemist, etc.) than designing a whole new class.

• Alchemist maybe, but no harm on using one's imagination to think of what may be possible at some point in the future.
  • Something that was said in the House Renaissance thread gave me an idea: 'Spiritual but not religious'. Spirituality perhaps, and something akin to Devotion in that it's a more strongly helpful/defensive skill rather than offensive, plus Healing. Are there any classes other than Priest (and Paladins to a lesser extent) which can directly heal allies? Would one be welcome, or are people self-reliant in combat enough already?
  • Groves has a few 'heal other' skills, and Tarot has Priestess? Hm. Aria as well in Voicecraft, and I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

• Make a support class with these abilities:

Give health and physical damage reduction
    Give mana to an ally or damage an enemy
    Room attack that damages all enemies for a small amount and reduce their damage reduction
    Heal all allies in the area

Name it the Sorakan.

But seriously, I think something that is more of a support role than attack would be interesting and certainly unique in Achaea. Not sure how viable it would be, though.
  • An 'area support' class sounds nice, but in reality it wouldn't really fly. See: Lusternia's melder classes (druid/mage); if you don't have one on your team, there's a 90% chance you lose. On the flip side, make them any weaker and they'll just be decorative features rather than combat-viable.

• But Priest already sorta does that, with Healing and dropping rites. It doesn't need to be entirely supportive, just something for people who wanna be that kind of helpful without being bound by the Bloodsworn.

• Could just rework an old and annoying to use mechanic, such as Vodun, into a more lively and flavorable kit, perhaps with the darkness/shadow theme more relevant in it, and then call it a hashan faction class.

• edited May 2014

@Kotaru‌

Bard.. you're looking for bard.

It can be played as a fairly squishy area support class.

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Jukilian said:
    A weapon that I just recently thought of that'd be cool for a dark class is to use a pair of Crescent blades made of Shadow. Would be cool to have a different type of dual wielding class.

I was more thinking a scythe, full-length. We don't have many classes that single wield a weapon with two hands, what? Druid, Sylvan, and that's it right?

Ability thoughts for Reaper

Skill (Shadowshaping) (In no particular order)

Scythe - (just like spirituality's mace, only you reach into the shadows and pull out your scythe)

Shadowmeld - Works just like hide

Grasp - Basically hangedman

Trip - Woodlore's trip just with the scythe and not a spear or trident

Shroud - Occultism's shroud makes sense if you're manipulating darkness around you

Dispair - recurring amnesia, didn't think it all the way through as to timing or cure, but it seemed like a good idea

Receed - strips hide, shroud, or mask from the room (pick one, two, or all three. If you can raise shadows up, you can push them down too)

Stun - smacking someone with the butt end of your scythe in the head

Fear - self explanatory

Blind - wasn't sure on this one, but like Kaido's blind. Seemed to fit the darkness motif

Twirl - Groves q-staff twirl. Two-handed polearm weapon, makes sense.

Soul Reap - Instakill. Wasn't sure exactly how to put the mechanic in for this one, A time thing like JitB, a mana/health thing like Angel/Baalz thing, Limb breaks like Vivisection (Devotion still needs crucifiction btw) [Would be the trans skill.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's just what I saw making sense and what I had time to come up with

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited May 2014
    Asmodron said:

Could just rework an old and annoying to use mechanic, such as Vodun, into a more lively and flavorable kit, perhaps with the darkness/shadow theme more relevant in it, and then call it a hashan faction class.

We should also replace Runewarden Chivalry with a Samurai art ability and make it Cyrene faction. Replace venoms with Shadowcrafting and make Serpents a Hashani faction, replace Transmutation with Astrology and make it a Moon Hashani faction.

Also, like I have been asking others @Asmodron wtf do you think a Darkness/Shadow theme is?

Edit: Forgot Bards, Bards should be the only class able to sing ever, Scarlatti should not allow any other cities that he does not pseudo patron to sing at all.

• Ideas on the topic of Serpent: 

Serpent is actually the one class that embodies the ideals of Twilight the best. They hide in plain sight (Like darkness) They manipulate people with illusions and secret things into their inventory and even lie. All of which are things that Twilight patrons. These are all things that Serpents can easily do, if any class should be a Night/Darkness based one it should be Serpents since they just by design follow the ideals of Twilight already.

The Lord of Darkness is a mysterious, manipulative, and deceptive God.
    manipulating the ruling elite that conspire to
    exploit the populace. Ambitious, cunning, and powerful,