Quick Questions

Comments

• @Silvarien The Crumbled Wall is the Eleusian drink, but we've seen it go either way between that and the Tequila Caldera (Ashtan's.) They both work well for either, so drinker's choice!
  • Lorielan said:
    @Silvarien The Crumbled Wall is the Eleusian drink, but we've seen it go either way between that and the Tequila Caldera (Ashtan's.) They both work well for either, so drinker's choice!
    @Lorielan : thank you very much!
  • Jukilian said:
    I have low strength, hence why my hunting sucks.

From the Tekura side of things on my part (where I don't really have any arties), it doesn't seem that bad.
    While low strength contributes to your hunting being crap... That's not the only reason, I can assure you. Monk is -bad- right now for hunting. Regardless.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Cynlael said:
    Jukilian said:

From the Tekura side of things on my part (where I don't really have any arties), it doesn't seem that bad.
    While low strength contributes to your hunting being crap... That's not the only reason, I can assure you. Monk is -bad- right now for hunting. Regardless.
    it's the rapidly ramping up endurance drain, isn't it?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I think wp is the problem right now, from what I've heard of monks (transmute + regeneration is a big drain, afaik).
  • Tharvis said:
    Cynlael said:
    Jukilian said:

it's the rapidly ramping up endurance drain, isn't it?
    That's just another reason that makes it crap. It's like pre-spiritlore Shaman, in terms of how bad its drains are...

But no, it's moreso the fact that even with constant obliterating, annihilating criticals... You still hit about as hard as a wet pool noodle, and would have trouble bashing your way out of a wet paper sack, let alone bashing anything worthwhile.

Thiev was 18str when he was monk, and his constant obliterating/crushing/crushing sdk/ucp/ucp combos were doing like 18% to an elite keeper in moghedu. Meanwhile an obliterating crit as a 15 str bard (which is also half the speed) does like 25%

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Willpower drain has always been an issue for monks who make heavy use of transmute, regeneration and clot. Klendathu has a permanent megalith tattoo and an amulet of willpower, and would still need to stop and meditate willpower back after an extended run. Endurance was fine with just a ring of endurance.

As a bard, meditating is a thing of the past :pleased: 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited October 2015
    Bard is freaking amazing for bashing, especially so when artifacted. That thing that makes harmonics call faster is nuts. Dat perma like... 1.5s jab with soulpiercer and canticle, hnnnng. On top of never ever needing to meditate/sleep, without even requiring the circlet/amulet/endurance ring/perma tattoos. Just a hundred lessons or so in fitness/philosophy and you're good to go.  O.o

#notjealous

• edited October 2015

Bard bashing is frankly ridiculous. Even with just a level one rapier, no armour and not using harmonics, it feels a lot faster than DWC Paladin or Runewarden with level three scimitars. Plus I get to actually use my Shield of Absorption.

When I get fully up and running with multiclass, Bard is definitely going to be my go to class for bashing. Dwinnu should make cutting through Sidhe a breeze, and Cantata means that shield is a total non-issue.

Antonius said:

Bard bashing is frankly ridiculous. Even with just a level one rapier, no armour and not using harmonics, it feels a lot faster than DWC Paladin or Runewarden with level three scimitars. Plus I get to actually use my Shield of Absorption.

When I get fully up and running with multiclass, Bard is definitely going to be my go to class for bashing. Dwinnu should make cutting through Sidhe a breeze, and Cantata means that shield is a total non-issue.

Squishy though, compared to a knight...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I haven't noticed being that much squishier, to be honest. Going from DWC to Bard means I'm adding in SoA, and the absorbs account for a lot of tanking power. I've also taken the +sip trait as Bard as opposed to having the +strength trait as Paladin/Runewarden so that's making up some of the difference.

• I think SnB runewarden + SoA is still the tankiest(?) with Bulwark battlerage and ground/body runes. I might be wrong though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Lol @ anyone who says bard is squishy. Just lol. Don't even have to be horkval to be tanky now. Artifacted, it's easily one of the best bashers right now. Unartied it's still at -least- top 5...

• Bard has a 15% health regen harm at 10sec iirc 
  • Not sure if it is 15%, but Continuo is no joke.

Can't forget Canticle or Anthem in terms of a Bard tankiness. It's well worth it to summon harmonics on your first jab of a new room, especially if you have a tuning fork. Tank for dayz

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Dang, I been doin' it wrong all this time.

• Atalkez said:
    Not sure if it is 15%, but Continuo is no joke.

Can't forget Canticle or Anthem in terms of a Bard tankiness. It's well worth it to summon harmonics on your first jab of a new room, especially if you have a tuning fork. Tank for dayz
    It was 15% when I was bard
  • Am I going senile, or is there a flower in Achaea called an Amalyian[sic?] rose? I need to know because of reasons. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    There's the Amalayan Rose wine in the Amalayan winery.
  • That's what I remember. Of course it's alcohol. Thanks!

• edited October 2015
    If I have two sets of Harmonics in different rooms, and I CALL HARMONICS, is there any logic to/way to determine which set of harmonics will be called?
  • Most recent -should- be.

• Does bard get any passive bonus from weaponry?

• Valkyn said:
    Does bard get any passive bonus from weaponry?
    Per Tecton:

Tecton said:
    Weaponmastery, skirmishing, swashbuckling, and pranks all have the skill level equalisation (where it picks the highest of the class skill and weaponry for determining skill level in attacks).
    Tecton said:
    Sena said:
    Do they all get 10% of the lower skill like weaponmastery does?
    Yes!

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I should know this, but can someone confirm whether trans seafaring gives a bonus to deepsea fishing? Ever since strength stopped affecting it I thought it was solely based on survival skill (and the master angler trait).
  • EldEld
    edited October 2015
    Aereidhna said:
    I should know this, but can someone confirm whether trans seafaring gives a bonus to deepsea fishing? Ever since strength stopped affecting it I thought it was solely based on survival skill (and the master angler trait).
    Pretty sure survival doesn't affect deepsea fishing (only lake/river fishing). I don't think seafaring skill does, either, but not 100% sure.

Edit: No advantage from seafaring skill, other than having the ability to do it to begin with, according to Tecton (source).
  • Thanks, that's what I thought as well regarding seafaring skill. I really appreciate it, I feel like my memory is full of holes sometimes, hee.
  • Really, no effect? Always seemed to get absolutely terrible results without trans seafaring. Maybe just poor luck.

• There was rumours about strength affecting deep sea fishing.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2015
    Strength used to effect fishing (both land and sea), but no longer does per... some announce. Not in-game to check.

Nowadays the main thing that will help you is the minor trait and a good ping.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby