Quick Questions

Comments

• Dochitha said:
    Lothien said:
    Is it too late to cancel multiclass, destroy all the houses, and go back to guilds? :bawling:

Edit: wrong thread, oops, but still a question!
    Too late. Sci-fi approaching. We are getting sabers soon.
    I've... paid for this before?

• Daeir said:
    I tether traveled to a person AFK/inattentive in a househall. Look at me!

If actual skill and palpable effort was required to get into the estates, I'd agree. Maybe that can be addressed later on.
    I dunno what tether travel is but every time I broke into a Househall (Spirit Walkers excluded because they hate monoliths) I spent at the very least several hours keeping tabs on the members/monolith decay timers/weaknesses, and in some cases several months. Probably wouldn't say that qualifies as skill but it's definitely palpable effort. Orders of magnitude more effort than it takes on the other end to prevent such break-ins
  • Anyone know how effective the new Triage trait is?
  • Rather than a new trait, it's an old trait. It's probably not meant to be available again.

It changed moss/potash from 8% of max health/mana to 10% before it was removed.
  • What is the current base-level regeneration for potash/moss and health/mana?
  • These are my stats:

Strength : 10 Intelligence: 17
    Dexterity: 12 Constitution: 15

As a monk, would I benefit more from getting +1 STR or +1 CON?
  • 15 con is plenty but unless the new affliction punches are really useful I don't think you're going to achieve much as an 11 strength monk, and if the aff punches are useful (i.e. can lock) then you don't really need strength
  • Scythe is... simple in theory to do, with a diadem. But can be difficult to actually pull off vs people who're prepared for it. Bashing is going to be a gigantic 'no' with that low strength, though. You'll be hitting less than black rats.

• As someone who frequently has 10 strength, good luck one on one.  I feel like it closes off a lot of options.  I tested playing with 15 strength the last two days and all I can say is wow. I can actually out damage people. Scythe is very cool though
  • edited September 2015
    Pull on your Denex pants, and roll with 20str. Watch people drop as you do like 50% of their hp per sdk/ucp/ucp combo.

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4ff1c7c5

Can someone help? I only have Keneanung's hunter and Wundersys installed and this literally happens every time I learn a lessons, check an AB file, write 'skills' or anything to do with abilities. Halp! :silenced: 

• I learned very easily that I should not hunt as a 10str monk.

Got an annihilating crit and two world shattering crits in the one combo on a Qurnok warrior and it barely scratched the guy.

I've been considering getting strength gauntlets primarily for the cosmetic effect of wearing gauntlets. Maybe I should just go ahead and do that now.
  • Jukilian said:
    I learned very easily that I should not hunt as a 10str monk.

Got an annihilating crit and two world shattering crits in the one combo on a Qurnok warrior and it barely scratched the guy.

I've been considering getting strength gauntlets primarily for the cosmetic effect of wearing gauntlets. Maybe I should just go ahead and do that now.
    Been hunting  as an 12 str monk a little and it doesn't seem too bad. I don't know monk well, but are you stancing scorpion? It made a huge difference.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Yep. Just so much more viable to just swap to Magi for my hunting.

But may be related to the arties I have for Magi..
  • Knuckles still doesn't work for hunting... Two years later, and multiple bug reports, still not fixed...

After the battlerage changes, Thiev got world shattering kicks/2x crit punches on elite keepers in moghedu, didn't even do 30% with 15str. Lol. 

• monk is absolutely horrible at bashing... confirmed.  This bashing being with 20 str, level 3 knuckles/pendant, lucky trait and lucky sip, human, scorpion stance/nimble/staff....Would probably prefer any other class to it... Really bad battlerage abilities for solo bashing, too.

At first, I assumed we just got juked and the sped up AXK should be the primary bashing attack, but definitely wasn't the case.  Not to mention, terrible tanking (outside of giant wp draining abilities than can't be sustained in hunting).

• RuthRuth Singapore
    ^Can agree with post. Totally prefer to bash as Dragon and now with a second class, that too.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited September 2015
    We've come a long way from the days when Horkval Monk was considered the best bashing by a very wide margin.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited September 2015
    Sarathai said:
    We've come a long way from the days when Horkval Monk was considered the best bashing by a very wide margin.
    Man, I think I remember being one of those back in the day. Bashing has never been easier than that.
  • If you upgrade a bow, do you also have to buy shooting for it again? Say I have a ranger's bow with shooting. If I want to upgrade it to a velocity bow, do I have to pay (550-250=)300 credits or (800-350=)450 credits?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Lyr said:
    If you upgrade a bow, do you also have to buy shooting for it again? Say I have a ranger's bow with shooting. If I want to upgrade it to a velocity bow, do I have to pay (550-250=)300 credits or (800-350=)450 credits?
    considering the cost of the addon increases alongside the level of the bow, most likely 450.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Tharvis said:
    Lyr said:
    If you upgrade a bow, do you also have to buy shooting for it again? Say I have a ranger's bow with shooting. If I want to upgrade it to a velocity bow, do I have to pay (550-250=)300 credits or (800-350=)450 credits?
    considering the cost of the addon increases alongside the level of the bow, most likely 450.
    Correct, if you have shooting, you'll pay the difference of the bow + shooting, so 350 -> 800 -> 1500. 
  • Any reason why my server side curing priorities didn't save? I'm using Svof but have "tn ss" enabled. Very frustrating to keep logging in with paralysis at number 9 and everything else useful at 25.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    As I understand it, Horkval cutting/blunt resistance has been compared in the past to be on about the same level as a good scalemail.

How does it compare now, after the Forging changes?

• edited October 2015
    Against denizens (not players, where the comparison is more complicated and depends on additional factors such as max health and the attack being used), I'd estimate that horkval resistances are very roughly similar to somewhere between 30/30 and 35/35 armour (with the new stat displays, that's 17/17 and 20/20), which is about ringmail for blunt, and there are no armours close to that for cutting (leather armour is significantly worse, everything else is significantly better).

Even against denizens though, resistances and armour work differently, so it's not an exact comparison.
    Sena said:
    (with the new stat displays, that's 17/17 and 20/20)
    Thank you, Sena!

I remember the announcement of how armour stat displays were changed with the introduction of tradeskills. Do these new numbers on armour/shields align very closely to the actual percent of damage that is prevented now? I.e., a 17/17 actually reduces a cutting damage of 100 to 83?

Do you know what the Grove quarterstaff shield numbers are about?
  • I haven't tested armour very thoroughly, but I think the new percentages are close to the actual percent reduction that the armour provides in PvP, but armour also only applies to a portion of the damage so it still doesn't correspond to a percentage of the damage received. For example, say an attack does 1000 damage, with the reducible portion being 350. 20% reduction from armour would be 20% of 350, so it would only reduce the total damage by 7%. It doesn't quite work the same for denizens. Denizen damage seems to have either a defined minimum and maximum (so an attack would be 100-200 for example), or a base and variable portion (100 plus 0-100 for example), and armour applies to the minimum/base and the maximum/variation at different rates. I never worked out the full details.

Resistances are simpler, they just reduce the total damage by a certain percentage. Horkval resistances are 10%, spin staff is 10%, flail staff is 15%.
  • On throwing juggled weapons, two questions:
    1. do you need to to get the proficiency for the weapon you're throwing - i.e. if you are throwing hand axes do you need to have a hand axe proficiency? 
    2. does the dagger thrower trait only affect daggers as the name implies or is it all thrown weapons?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
    Trait is called Knife Thrower and reduces balance recovery from THROW by 10%. Doesn't matter what you're throwing... a hand axe, or a water balloon.
  • @Sarapis @Tecton How long is the extension of the Crown sale going to last for? Will it be all month or will we likely see something new halfway through? And does the 1 Crown per 100 credits only apply to the base amount bought, or does it also apply to the extra 20/30%?