Quick Questions

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The token is a year per hour instead of per day, and does not use any willpower/endurance. It's fairly potent, and I use it often, even as a dragon. I also give it to people who are needing to token but can't anymore that day, or need to token off my ship for whatever reason.

Don't get me wrong, I probably love the pebble just a bit more, but the token is pretty amazing for what it is, especially for non-dragons.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2015
    Year? Uh. I meant once

#justwakingupproblems
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Kiet said:
    That was an in-game alias, those save per character on the server, independent of client.

This shows how much I suck at nexus. :pleased:

Since when can you do an in game alias with more than one line?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Command separator! CONFIG COMMANDSEPARATOR
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Valkyn said:
    Since when can you do an in game alias with more than one line?
    Since this:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4105                                      (04/13/2014 at 14:13)
    From   : Sarapis, the Logos
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: multi-command aliases
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanted to let you know that we've implemented multi-command in-game aliases, so
    that your aliases can contain, well, multiple commands.

HELP ALIASES will tell you all about it, but all some of you need to know is
    that the command separator is the / character.

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 3rd of Miraman, in the year 652 AF.
    Ruth said:
    Built-in multi-line aliases are different than the command separator (command separator is for non-aliases).
  • Can someone briefly explain why this alias does not work?

setalias pp put gold in pack/pickpocket %1
    Alias "pp" will now execute: "put gold in pack/pickpocket %1"
    3054h, 3819m ex- pp mob
    You hold no "gold".
    Wildcard out of range in command 'PICKPOCKET %1'.
  • edited October 2015
    try pp {mobnamehere}

IE - Use curly bracket things

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    try pp {mobnamehere}

IE - Use curly bracket things
    No luck unfortunately.
    pp {woman}
    You hold no "gold".
    <- (this line intentionally left blank)
    3054h, 3894m ex-

• 6155h 4796m 100%e 100%w XX|EE M setalias test hi %1
    Alias "test" will now execute: "hi %1"
    6155h 4796m 100%e 100%w XX|EE M test {guard}
    You raise your hand in greeting to a fierce virago and say "Hi!"
    6155h 4796m 100%e 100%w XX|EE M 

You tried it without the command separator?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • You tried it without the command separator?
    Works with {brackets} if there's no command separator, but apparently %1 isn't saved for the second command. Unfortunate.
    edited October 2015
    Belus said:
    Can someone briefly explain why this alias does not work?

setalias pp put gold in pack/pickpocket %1
    Alias "pp" will now execute: "put gold in pack/pickpocket %1"
    3054h, 3819m ex- pp mob
    You hold no "gold".
    Wildcard out of range in command 'PICKPOCKET %1'.
    setalias pp %1/put gold in pack/pickpocket %1

Dunno if there's a more elegant solution.

ETA: Maybe @Makarios can see if they can tweak it so the variable doesn't have to be summoned in the first stacked command, in order for it to be used in the later ones.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Is there a specific permissions that acknowledges Triumvirate HLs?

Both the LEADER and HOUSEMASTER of HOUSE listed under HELP PERMISSIONS seems to point to the Ascendant Leader. I feel like I am overlooking something, especially since every other position in a House can be acknowledged.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Belus I tried the exact same alias (setalias pp put gold in pack/pickpocket %1, then pp {target}) and it works fine for me. %1 is working properly for the second command. I'm not sure why it would be working differently for you.
  • try: setalias pp put gold in pack/pickpocket %0

Then leave off the curly braces.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    try: setalias pp put gold in pack/pickpocket %0
    Then leave off the curly braces.
    That works exactly like I hoped it would. The curly brackets were a bit of an annoyance on such a simple alias. Thank you.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited October 2015
    Krypton said:
    Ruth said:
    Built-in multi-line aliases are different than the command separator (command separator is for non-aliases).
    Really? I use command separator for my in-game multi-line aliases and client fed aliases. Works fine. Unless I'm not understanding what you said.

• edited October 2015
    Command separators have never worked in in-game aliases for me (unless I set my command separator to / so they're the same thing). I use ` as my separator, and if I set an alias to "stand`attack" it will literally send "stand`attack" instead of standing and then attacking.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Oh, I guess that's the mudlet setting then! I didn't realise because both of them are aet to the same symbol.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    The Mudlet command separator and the Achaea command separator should be different or they'll fight with each other. (If they're the same, the Mudlet separator will send the commands separately, instead of being properly batched with the CONFIG separator) On the other hand, the SETALIAS always needs / instead of whatever your CONFIG COMMANDSEPARATOR is set to. I use || for the separator, but still have to use / to batch commands in SETALIAS.

I before E, except after C.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited October 2015
    Anyone tried non decaying and/or customising the lanterns/windchimes bought in Thera? They're pretty neat.

• Valkyn said:
    Anyone tried non decaying and/or customising the lanterns/windchimes bought in Thera? They're pretty neat.
    Can't customise Mayaween/Logosmas items, I tried last year and was told I couldn't.

I have a question regarding Battlerage: after I quit class, I lost access to the Battlerage skillset, which is fine except I no longer have it in dragonform either. I believe I submitted it as a bug, but I don't see it on my list anymore, so I'm wondering if this is an intended feature or whether it is actually a bug. @Tecton or @Makarios or whoever is in charge, what's the verdict?
  • Uh that's very likely a bug, there's no reason you shouldn't have battlerage in dragon since it's a separate class. They just probably didn't account for a classless dragon running around.
  • edited October 2015
    So am I missing a racetrack, or is this month's racetrack promo kinda pointless because you go to Sugardowns and get:

racetrack view
    This track is not active.

• @Khel and others. The racetrack is open again.
  • Lorielan said:
    @Khel and others. The racetrack is open again.
    I can get my humgii fix! Thanks!
  • How fast can Serpent hunt with level 3 lash and 19 dex? Is that even worth it? I'm interested in going Serpent or Runie purely for the hunting but people seem to praise the crap out of dex lash hunting. If I went 15 dex level 1 or 2 lash would it be better the most other class hunting?  
  • edited October 2015
    Kythra said:
    How fast can Serpent hunt with level 3 lash and 19 dex? Is that even worth it? I'm interested in going Serpent or Runie purely for the hunting but people seem to praise the crap out of dex lash hunting. If I went 15 dex level 1 or 2 lash would it be better the most other class hunting?  
    speaking from experience, at 19 dex lv3 lash your balance will be 1.2-1.4 range, and you will be out DPSing dragons.

However, since you are heavily abandoning con, your hunting is going to suck.

Reasons:

- Have to run lots
    - you pull aggro when in group so again have to run.

I went runie for hunting and haven't looked back. 2H crits, plus runes, plus DR from armour, I feel unstoppable.
  • I'm not sure it'd be that far ahead that it'd be worth picking up a second class and getting two level 3 arties. For the same cost you can likely get similar performance or more from just getting arties for your current class, but you'd have to page sena to make sure.
  • Dragon bashing is garbage, "you'll be out DPSing dragons" isn't a solid endorsement of a class these days.

Honestly, if you're going to invest in a new class with a couple of level three artefacts to bash, I'd suggest Bard. Hits hard, hits fast, can tank, can use SoA, has dwinnu for those fucking Sidhe ladies.