Achaean Raves

Comments

• "Cyrene raided us." is not something I thought I'd hear from anyone. Had to double check when I saw Kiet say that on Discord.

• edited May 2019
    Cooper said:
    I am super pumped that Cyrene raided us! I know they might not be as pumped because of how it went, but to get that many of your citizens raiding is truly impressive.

I'm sorry for having the eq gem and 5 fragments though, that was unfair :(
    To be honest, it’s went better than i expected it would. Thanks for playing along and defending though!
  • Keorin said:
    It's a temporary thing, at the moment. But it's something. Even if I did get everyone killed!
    Like Kiet said, this is half of your job. If you aren’t getting your team killed, are you even trying?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I got our entire team ramshackled the first raid I led. I was pretty happy that people were still willing to go again and again until it was definite that we were not going to make any progress, but damn if it wasn't fun!
  • Synthus said:
    Cooper said:
    I am super pumped that Cyrene raided us! I know they might not be as pumped because of how it went, but to get that many of your citizens raiding is truly impressive.

Don't be sorry. That's part of raiding, right? You're never going to have the ideal condition, no matter how much planning or consideration you put into it. It helps us learn to think on our feet and to better assess the situation once we are already in the thick of it.

Granted, I'm just stepping into raiding, so I'm still trying to get my feet under me. With the fragments and EQ Gem though, I think if I'm not mistaken we knew you already had them, which is why we put you as such a high-priority target.

By doing so though we learned a lot of lessons - proper target priority of hinderers > insta-gibbers > weakest > strongest, unit cohesion needs to be just as important as individual combat effectiveness, and we are gonna need more practice going forward.

All in all, it was fun!  =) Props to Mhaldor for bringing the pain.
    Oh don't encourage them with things like Pain...They will just go dreamy eyed and finger any number of sharp edge weapons they carry.

Sorry I could not join, but imma join next time, because hey you can't have all the funsss

Plus I can only imagine how rami would feel rootling around people's heads (he loves it, he can't stop himself)
  • Cooper said:
    This is a fantastic attitude! 

Target priority is my specialty, I'd be happy to help Cyrene raid leaders learn a bit more about prioritizing targets.
    Thanks for that! For right now, I think it might be best to treat anyone with even a passing fancy of raiding in Cyrene as a potential raid leader, because there is a very real possibility of them popping up like daisies if I'm reading the atmosphere and energy right. A lot of people are really eager to start fighting. 

That said, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd appreciate any pointers or tips. Even if I don't end up leading, knowing better strategies can help me make suggestions and let me better contribute even as a rank-and-file.
    Cooper said:
    22 int monk chokes and crushes with EQ gem means I can just hold down enter on crush. My target gets the choice of dying, or leaving range.

If you have a powerful enemy monk you gotta lock them down with hard hinder - impale, hanged man, bind, etc. The bad part is I had 9k health and 11k mana to transmute, so when you guys weren't proning or doing a lot of hinder, I had free reign to soak up all the damage and continue doing damage too. I said I'm sorry because you didn't have a good choice - target me and I'll survive for a minute while my group rips through you, or don't target me and let me wreck your group.

That was a pretty unique situation though, you probably won't have to worry about it again.
    So, we were right to have you as a high-priority target, but with that health and mana pool, what we should have done was treat you like a pseudo-teth opponent and, like you said, focus hard hinder and mix in execution abilities. That makes sense, conventional kill routes might still have worked but it was an uphill fight to employ them.
  • If you have a Depthswalker, they need to be watching for dictate opportunities if you have an enemy Monk that is leaning heavily on transmute to keep themselves alive. That might not work with an insane fragment-augmented mana pool, but normally it's a good way to punish that kind of thing.

General targetting strategy is about balancing the impact an enemy has on the fight versus how long they take to kill.

Most Jesters, especially if they don't have artefacts, pretty much die as soon as you look at them, but left alone they can make your life hell between aeon, mickey and hangedman. Blademaster is also a pain for hamstring, and are usually similarly squishy.

Somebody like Cooper might take 30 seconds or more to kill (especially with numb, starbursts, etc.), but you could kill 4 or 5 low health people in that same amount of time, drastically reducing the number of attacks your opponents are doing.
  • Announce news:

One final note: Sampling is only required for participation in the Sojourn game, all other games are free to enter for anyone.

I'm glad they shared this - good to know for the RPs!

• Antonius said:
    If you have a Depthswalker, they need to be watching for dictate opportunities if you have an enemy Monk that is leaning heavily on transmute to keep themselves alive. That might not work with an insane fragment-augmented mana pool, but normally it's a good way to punish that kind of thing.

General targetting strategy is about balancing the impact an enemy has on the fight versus how long they take to kill.

Most Jesters, especially if they don't have artefacts, pretty much die as soon as you look at them, but left alone they can make your life hell between aeon, mickey and hangedman. Blademaster is also a pain for hamstring, and are usually similarly squishy.

Somebody like Cooper might take 30 seconds or more to kill (especially with numb, starbursts, etc.), but you could kill 4 or 5 low health people in that same amount of time, drastically reducing the number of attacks your opponents are doing.
    This is 100% it!

The tough part after knowing this is to get good at accurately assessing different people in different groups and different classes in different areas. A lot to balance to make sure your target order is good. Of course, it's kind of nitpicky stuff - as long as you can focus your attacks on one person and kill them efficiently, you're doing very well.

• Cooper said:
    Synthus said:
    Cooper said:

Don't be sorry. That's part of raiding, right? You're never going to have the ideal condition, no matter how much planning or consideration you put into it. It helps us learn to think on our feet and to better assess the situation once we are already in the thick of it.

Granted, I'm just stepping into raiding, so I'm still trying to get my feet under me. With the fragments and EQ Gem though, I think if I'm not mistaken we knew you already had them, which is why we put you as such a high-priority target.

By doing so though we learned a lot of lessons - proper target priority of hinderers > insta-gibbers > weakest > strongest, unit cohesion needs to be just as important as individual combat effectiveness, and we are gonna need more practice going forward.

All in all, it was fun!  =) Props to Mhaldor for bringing the pain.
    This is a fantastic attitude! 

Target priority is my specialty, I'd be happy to help Cyrene raid leaders learn a bit more about prioritizing targets.

22 int monk chokes and crushes with EQ gem means I can just hold down enter on crush. My target gets the choice of dying, or leaving range.

If you have a powerful enemy monk you gotta lock them down with hard hinder - impale, hanged man, bind, etc. The bad part is I had 9k health and 11k mana to transmute, so when you guys weren't proning or doing a lot of hinder, I had free reign to soak up all the damage and continue doing damage too. I said I'm sorry because you didn't have a good choice - target me and I'll survive for a minute while my group rips through you, or don't target me and let me wreck your group.

That was a pretty unique situation though, you probably won't have to worry about it again.
    This' when truelock and aff kill classes shine.
  • How do you get int up to 22? If I retraited I could get up to 19 but that's with racial, spec, trait, l3 sash. I guess there's still the shop of wonders elixir

• Fragments. I had 25-26? dex when specced for it and that's without +dex arties.
  • Rare minerals, as well.

• Raves @Stefana and other Cyrenese that spit at Hashan in disgust.  In sincerity, thank you for yelling at Paux about Hashan's role in the conflict. The conversations we've had have helped mold my character's perception of Hashan and I very much like the roleplay of the two different perceptions clashing. 
  • We all miss Jurixe. :bawling:

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Jurixe is back tho...
  • Aegoth said:
    Jurixe is back tho...
    Not BACK back, though, right?

• Stefana said:
    Paux said:
    Raves @Stefana and other Cyrenese that spit at Hashan in disgust.  In sincerity, thank you for yelling at Paux about Hashan's role in the conflict. The conversations we've had have helped mold my character's perception of Hashan and I very much like the roleplay of the two different perceptions clashing. 
    I have so much love for everyone that has engaged Stefana’s chirping, whether with maddening calmness like Paux, exhausted frustration like @Shirszae or just straight up savagery like @Adrik. It is really helping me stoke the fire of anger and venegeance in the tender heart of a little dancer. I couldn’t have asked for better fuel for character growth, so thank you! You are all the best!
    Glad to help! Adrik is nothing if not a complete and total asshole.
  • edited June 2019
    You do you. No one gonna judge you for it.