Achaean Raves

Comments

• I don't mind the slow trickle of contracts. I just wish I wasn't kicked out for 10 IG years every time we hit a lull.

• Gotta lower your prices to compete in the competitive market for murder
  • Champions has Farrah and Penwize in it so I default to Ivory when I hire because I have more confidence in them than I do anyone in Quisalis.
  • I mean... I understand the Quisalis is treated as an assassin company, but the... I'm loathe to say "restrictiveness", but the complications behind justifiable PK and subsequent possibility of admin intervention make me personally lean toward "Unless I'm outright ganked, I'm not going to mess with contracting." Plus, it also seems like the bounty system encroached a bit onto what the Dauntless and Quisalis do. 

Now, if you could hire Quisalis as general retention mercenaries for things like raids and bolstering city defenses, then I'd be very, very interested.
  • Armali said:
    Champions has Farrah and Penwize in it so I default to Ivory when I hire because I have more confidence in them than I do anyone in Quisalis.
    Proficy too. My character is a staunch Ivory supporter so wouldn't go anywhere else, but having those three able to pick up contracts is a major plus point. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Until the contract is on Profit. Screw those ones.
  • I've always liked that there is an avenue for people to hire contracts, but I can't ever see myself using them.

Generally, every stomp to my skull outside of defending the city has been earned in some manner. And I leave it at that.

What I've seen more often than not is that some people try to shrug off the things they should hire for. I've even met a few who outright refuse to alert anyone that something happened. They're still pissed, but they bottle it in so much that they stop playing for long periods of time, or issue at the next problem their way.

As for a rave. A big thank you to all the people that lead defense and offense parties lately. I don't know how you herd all of us into action, and I know it can be headache inducing, but without your patience and effort, conflict wouldn't be nearly as fun or enjoyable. And I'd be left fumbling around just trying to figure out where to go and who to kill.  =)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • edited May 2019
    2019/05/22 19:20:42 - Elon has sanctioned a raid against The City of Eleusis.
    2019/05/22 19:27:21 - Krizal has retrieved a tank from your city's reserves.
    2019/05/22 19:50:06 - Elon, Gilliam, Krizal, and Zhedan have destroyed The ruins of Overlooking Draoi Quarter.
    2019/05/22 20:11:11 - Krizal > Ammar, Elon, Gilliam, Zhedan, and myself raided Eleusis. We were met by Coalition forces consisting of Andraste, Waayen, Misukami, Athelas, Faedwyn, Landon, Eril, Sorlia, Dunn, Tarvius, Iyani, Gloern, Bronislav, Jinos, Onofor, Marcael, Braxxus, Jaeide, but we were able to overcome them even after we lost Ammar, and successfully detonated the tank.
    2019/05/22 20:12:15 - Krizal > At least 5 Eleusian guards were slain, as well.

Tsol'teth powah.

Very well done guys.

• Some of the people on that list weren't even logged in during that time...

• edited May 2019
    I counted 15 of the 18 on deathsights, so which of those weren't logged in?

Here's the murder log.

Unique names are highlighted in bold. Log starts 10 minutes after sanction.

It totals out to 15 names. Jinos and Onofor died 3 to 4 minutes after tank detonation. If we give them the benefit of the doubt, then that reduces to 13.

The names not listed on the log would therefore be Misukami, Dunn, and Jaeide. Is Cooper correct? Possibly. He could be technically correct, which is of course, the best kind of correct.

- 2019/05/22 19:30:40 - Swift death claims Andraste, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:30:44 - Elon dies in a singular moment of perfect agony, the ails of His willful numbness descending upon him all 

at once.

- 2019/05/22 19:30:44 - The miasmatic might of The soul of Elon's retribution has rendered Krizal breathless. Permanently.

- 2019/05/22 19:30:45 - The measured poise of Vashnarian discipline condemns Zhedan to a swift death before Bronislav, unworthy of 

further consideration.

- 2019/05/22 19:31:06 - Swift death claims Eril, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:31:06 - The miasmatic might of The soul of Eril's retribution has rendered Krizal breathless. Permanently.

- 2019/05/22 19:31:06 - Swift death claims Waayen, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:31:06 - Swift death claims Zhedan, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:31:06 - Swift death claims Krizal, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:32:10 - The measured poise of Vashnarian discipline condemns Ammar to a swift death before Bronislav, unworthy of 

further consideration.

- 2019/05/22 19:32:18 - The measured poise of Vashnarian discipline condemns Ammar to a swift death before Bronislav, unworthy of 

further consideration.

- 2019/05/22 19:32:42 - Marcael, Initiate of the Ithmia has cut Gilliam down with the deadly edge of his longsword.

- 2019/05/22 19:32:52 - The measured poise of Vashnarian discipline condemns Gilliam to a swift death before Bronislav, unworthy 

of further consideration.

- 2019/05/22 19:33:26 - Swift death claims Andraste, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:33:46 - Swift death claims Waayen, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:36:35 - The sable edge of Elon's scythe has sent Landon hurtling headlong into death.

- 2019/05/22 19:37:29 - Swift death claims Marcael, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:38:05 - Swift death claims Tarvius, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:38:16 - Swift death claims Tarvius, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:38:21 - Swift death claims Eril, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:38:42 - Elon, of Hashan has culled Iyani from the ranks of the living.

- 2019/05/22 19:39:59 - Swift death claims Krizal, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:40:33 - The sable edge of Elon's scythe has sent Braxxus hurtling headlong into death.

- 2019/05/22 19:40:34 - Zhedan crumples to the floor in a bloodied, twitching heap, laid low by Thorn Faedwyn Winterhart, the Bee 

Whisperer's titanic roar.

- 2019/05/22 19:40:54 - Faedwyn's body wilts and withers, rapidly decomposed by the degenerative power of Elon, of Hashan.

- 2019/05/22 19:41:05 - Swift death claims Faedwyn, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:41:31 - Swift death claims Gloern, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:44:45 - Elon, of Hashan has culled Andraste from the ranks of the living.

- 2019/05/22 19:44:49 - Swift death claims Krizal, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:44:53 - Athelas's body wilts and withers, rapidly decomposed by the degenerative power of Elon, of Hashan.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:07 - Elon, of Hashan has culled Waayen from the ranks of the living.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:11 - Waayen has bled out, slain by the might of Minister Zhedan Naharis, the Shadow Centurion.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:11 - The miasmatic might of The soul of Waayen's retribution has rendered Elon breathless. Permanently.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:11 - The miasmatic might of The soul of Waayen's retribution has rendered Zhedan breathless. Permanently.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:12 - Swift death claims Eril, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:12 - Swift death claims Krizal, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:12 - Swift death claims Bronislav, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:24 - The sable edge of Elon's scythe has sent Marcael hurtling headlong into death.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:43 - Swift death claims Andraste, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:45:53 - Swift death claims Tarvius, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:46:08 - Swift death claims Iyani, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.

- 2019/05/22 19:46:27 - Though practiced by Gilliam's mortal hands, Sorlia has demonstrated that arts of the Aldar are every bit 

as deadly as the legends suggest.

- 2019/05/22 19:46:36 - Disintegrating away into motes of light, Builder Gilliam Winters has unwoven the very body of Builder 

Gilliam Winters.

- 2019/05/22 19:47:02 - Elon, of Hashan has culled Gloern from the ranks of the living.

- 2019/05/22 19:49:10 - Elon has died in the magical blast of a mushroom sigil.

- 2019/05/22 19:49:59 - Tyrannus Ysela Nithilar, the Dread Ecclesiarch has severed Lii's head from her body with a mighty blow.

- 2019/05/22 19:53:08 - Elon, of Hashan has culled Jinos from the ranks of the living.

- 2019/05/22 19:54:33 - Onofor has bled out, slain by the might of Minister Zhedan Naharis, the Shadow Centurion.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am mostly curious about how @Gilliam managed to deconstruct himself.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Not gonna lie, I was pretty confused about that too.  Myriads don't (shouldn't) attach to yourself.
  • edited May 2019
    I stopped reading the list at Dunn, he hadn't even been online for like 2-3 hours before (unless I missed him popping up on qwho for a split second or something).

I don't like it when people intentionally inflate numbers to make the other side look bad (or your side look better), and that one was pretty blatant.

Tanking against huge odds is great enough already.

• edited May 2019
    Dunn's in serpent so it's very possible you missed him, whether because he was in phase, or some other reason. His comments on the other thread make it sound plausible that he was just there, just acting independently. Either way, three additional names on the list, two of people that were plausibly there, is not a 'pretty blatant' attempt to intentional inflate numbers. I would believe you if there were nine other people who definitely were not online during the period of the raid, but, 1 to 3 out 18? Nah, no way.
  • Dunn was briefly there, more to be a nuisance than because of any coalition thing. He's done that sort of stuff long before the coalition existed, and I imagine will continue to do so long after it dies. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Misukami died just before sanction at 19:18:02.68.
  • And Dunn admitted in another thread he was their briefly. Still, let's not have facts get in the way of a Hashan achievement, eh?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Alright guys, just rewrite the log entry without Dunn's name and then Cooper will have no excuse to claim that we were 'pretty blatant[ly]' inflating the defender count to make the other side look bad.
  • I was able to show up for the tank blowing up, but since it's an awkward time to login I had to qq a short while after. Still have no idea what was going on. I did brazier Elon at the last second, then he culled me on my way back to the city.

At least opposition keep track of defenders. Most people logging the people on our side forget I'm there lately for the brief times I'm there early on. What am I? Culled liver? :anguished:
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Shirszae said:
    I am mostly curious about how @Gilliam managed to deconstruct himself.
    The new deathsight for body unweave death is bugged. They were all just regular unweave damage (not deconstruct) but some appeared with deconstruct deathsights (with the victim as the killer) and some appeared as the new deathsight but with me as the killer -and- the victim.
  • edited May 2019
    Actually, this one seems to just be worded confusingly so nevermind on that:
    Though practiced by <killer>'s mortal hands, <victim> has demonstrated that arts of the Aldar are every bit as deadly as the legends suggest.

But yeah, this was a kill. Forget who on. They tumbled out and died to unweave tick:
    - 2019/05/22 19:46:36 - Disintegrating away into motes of light, Builder Gilliam Winters has unwoven the very body of Builder Gilliam Winters.
  • edited May 2019
    Cheers on tanking, and cheers to all the people defending!

The list of names looks very big, but when you see who's actually on it I can totally get how you managed to pull it off! Feels like the old days when we raided Hashan(and I assume how it is to raid cyrene?) and a million tiny people defended. Was great fun, feels very hectic and it's an amazing feeling plowing through so many people trying to kill you. The lil' guys grow up though, so next time it'll be harder!

• They need their papa. @Rangor

• edited May 2019
    Rangor said:

The list of names looks very big, but when you see who's actually on it I can totally get how you managed to pull it off! Feels like the old days when we raided Hashan(and I assume how it is to raid cyrene?) and a million tiny people defended. Was great fun, feels very hectic and it's an amazing feeling plowing through so many people trying to kill you. The lil' guys grow up though, so next time it'll be harder!

Everybody else seems to get this great feeling from it. I always feel like I kicked a thousand puppies.
    :(

(Okay, pwning Cyrene was pretty vindicating. But only because of Eril, and only because they kicked my ass a few times first)
  • Farrah said:
    Rangor said:

Everybody else seems to get this great feeling from it. I always feel like I kicked a thousand puppies.

(Okay, pwning Cyrene was pretty vindicating. But only because of Eril, and only because they kicked my ass a few times first)
    Yeah right. I was like "Okay, I no longer feel good about this, let's get out of here." and you're like what why *drop tank 2*
  • Mizik said:
    Farrah said:
    Rangor said:

Yeah right. I was like "Okay, I no longer feel good about this, let's get out of here." and you're like what why *drop tank 2*

Yeah, but read the parenthetical! Ask Mez about me versus like Hashan.
  • That raid was so satisfying after the trash talk. Ugh.

i'm a rebel

• Who the heck is trash talking from Cyrene???  :/