Achaean Raves

Comments

• Gilliam said:
    Was terrified to make my first ever public news post not only because I'm not confident in my writing but also because I'm not confident in my RPing. But I've been working really hard at both and from everyone's reactions it seems like that work may have paid off. Even those that disagreed with me were kind and said I was eloquent and direct and it's just really nice to get a bunch of messages and tells both IC and OOCly that are just nice and supportive and kinda reassured me that it's ok to take big leaps with my character because it didn't end disastrously and embarrassingly. Yet. 
    Let me know when you are ready to burn the world :)
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • With expert precision, you draw Stolen Hydras from its scabbard and unleash a vicious slash towards a baby rat.

It's still early, but I'm loving the feel of Blademaster. The named blade, the unique style - it's great.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Every day in Balan'maal is a fresh dose of unease and existential dread, and I love it. 

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm a huge fan of the bracelet description you get from the handful of glittering mud.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I opted for shield pendant armor boots on my mud usage, bracelet was tempting but the pendant really won me over. Preserved Serapis moss in amber, so cool, I used it on my crit pendant. I’m going to have to get some of those nocloak sigils now, sigh.

Can shields be emblazoned? The Nicator imagery is pretty and all but the temptation to personalize is strong.

Trying my best to resist big credit buys for a few months, applying to buy a house irl. 

I found the drinking game entertaining, I regret being about 1 million short of having a ship for the single contestant racing event though.

• Kiet said:
    You try coming up with a brand new quiz game format that Achaeans haven't done ICly before!!!!!! It was merely Jeopardy inspired. Didn't even have to answer with questions.

It was a lot of fun though! I loved how many people came to participate/watch and it was fun seeing what answers people struggled with that I figured would be easy or vice-versa. It went way too long though, and I had to  be paying attention to the people talking, the scores, editing the scroll, and people's tells all at once so it wore me out pretty hard, lol. Still worth it, next time I'd just trim number of questions.
    If its a Jeopardy inspired Mhaldor game show, is the answer always "What is Hail Lord Sartan?"
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That's pretty awesome. Can we get a preview of some of the questions?

• Mhaldorian Jeopardy was AWESOME. One of the most creative and fun events I’ve seen. Major props to Kiet for organizing it, and Stheno and Jurixe and Taryius for kicking ass with those answers!
  • Can't lie.. it looks like it was an awesome take on the standard quiz. Nice.

• Well I'm still pretty shaky afterwords, but that was a really fun Twins. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Bruyan made that tournament.

Poor Cooper.

• RIP Cooper. 

Props to Tary for making Team Holocaust the best team!!
  • edited June 2019
    2019/06/08 23:00:47 - Cooper cityfavoured Proficy for: For overcoming the greatest of obstacles, showing his might by defeating two opponents by himself in the Twins Tournament.

We will also be naming a wall "the Warden's Wall".

EDIT: And not just any wall. But can't talk more about that yet...
  • edited June 2019
    Proficy's back must really fkin hurt.

From carrying Cooper around.

Was a ton of fun though. Me and Sophi were a makeshift team and we did okay (tm)
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    edited June 2019
    I definitely learned a lot :D

Between the xp event and twins the past 2 days have been so much fun.
  • Sometimes "I'm still shootin" translates to "my bro is carrying me", but yeah accurate.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Thanks to everyone who came out to participate in or watch the Seleucarian Games Joust Tourney last night. Was a lot of fun and had some great match ups. I hope @Mezghar gave poor little Mudflower some good pats and a rest after all that vigorous charging! Maybe a carrot dangled from the tip of the lance will urge her to greater speeds next time, but she did great.

• She'll be skinny in no time. Jousting workout.