Shrine Phase 3/Crusades - Final Form!

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just roll it if you want to do it. It's just a game.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Raids and such as just like a fart. Do it when best suits you, if you need to force it it's probably going to be shit. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Not gonna lie, that's a pretty awesome description and somewhat puts the others to shame
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited December 2016
    Driden said:
    Coamenel said:
    so, after reading this thread it's still not entirely clear to me. If I start a crusade on a time that's convenient for me, a european, am I then deliberately ruining it for the US folks? And will it be considered timezone abuse? If so, something is seriously wrong with how this game looks at non-US players. Since we ALWAYS have to stay up late or get up early to join in on the bigger events.

Play the game your way bud. People will get over it. 
    This.  They say "fuck your feelings" so here is your chance to repay the favor.  

Honestly though, it starts 3 hours after, and lasts for 3 hours?...  so that is a 6 hour commitment.  You'd likely have to log in on your lunch break at work, fire up the crusade, and then come back.  

@Dunn that deathsight is ridiculously cool.

• Only the first 50ish minutes are important though. 

• So now that we've had a few weeks of this, and a week with Crusades, how does everyone feel about the essence costs / pools?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    So now that we've had a few weeks of this, and a week with Crusades, how does everyone feel about the essence costs / pools?
    Shrines regenerate far too fast.

I understand the idea that it can't be too punishing, but I think right now it's going a bit too far in the other direction. For example, even if you get a shrine down to 0% (and thus unable to raise shrines), at best they seem to be down for only a couple of hours before they can start raising again.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aye, definitely follow that logic.

What do you think about the 200k essence cost for shrine raising? Cos I gotta say - that's murdering me right now.

• Xaden said:
    Aye, definitely follow that logic.

What do you think about the 200k essence cost for shrine raising? Cos I gotta say - that's murdering me right now.
    It's pretty reasonable. I don't find it overly difficult to raise a bunch of shrines at that "price point" (so to speak).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Xaden said:
    Aye, definitely follow that logic.

200k isn't that expensive to get though. I can get that easily just clearing Prin twice, and I offered 1.8 million essence just hunting for two hours with Mindshell yesterday. If you're in a large order with a lot of active people that hunt and contribute essence, it shouldn't be any sort of issue at all. You're also in Targossas, so enlist the city for help. Tesha's run some pretty awesome group hunts in the past, it gets people involved, gets them levels, and essence for one of your Divine.

From the perspective of a small Order though with only two active people that hunt and raise shrines, 200k is really easy to get ahold of. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Oh that's all very true, for sure. 

Just looking at the last 20 RL hours though and we've lost 18 shrines. So 3.6 million essence to raise plus 90k per shrine. 

If you take into account split pools we're looking at needing to offer 7.2million to cover the loss plus another 1.8million in sanctification.

It's not pretty.

• It costs as much to use judgement as it does to raise a shrine. Assuming no player corpses are available.

People dropping 18 shrines in 20 hours may indicate that dropping shrines is still too easy/cheap/fast though. I wouldn't mind raising the denizen corpse cost of raising/defiling, so that in a good bashing run you'd be able to drop 1 shrine instead of 6 as it is now.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Daeir said:
    Imagine a Deucalidragon and a Babel dragon duking it out. Holy fuckballs.
    Probably more interesting in movie format >_>

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Oh that's all very true, for sure. 

Just looking at the last 20 RL hours though and we've lost 18 shrines. So 3.6 million essence to raise plus 90k per shrine. 

If you take into account split pools we're looking at needing to offer 7.2million to cover the loss plus another 1.8million in sanctification.

It's not pretty.
    You don't have to raise the shrines... :trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Sartai dragon description is cool. Kinda curious about Prospero's/Twilight's

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Rangor said:
    It costs as much to use judgement as it does to raise a shrine. Assuming no player corpses are available.

People dropping 18 shrines in 20 hours may indicate that dropping shrines is still too easy/cheap/fast though. I wouldn't mind raising the denizen corpse cost of raising/defiling, so that in a good bashing run you'd be able to drop 1 shrine instead of 6 as it is now.

Do agree that shrine dropping is still stupid easy. Doesn't take very long or much to drop one.
  • Rangor said:
    It costs as much to use judgement as it does to raise a shrine. Assuming no player corpses are available.

This is actually my inclination as well. Raising seems about right, the ease of dropping still seems to lean a bit too far in the attackers favour though.

We'll discuss options. My initial inclination would be to either increase judgement base costs and or how aggressively it scales on consecutive uses, or to simply make it cost more to drop a shrine.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    With the resolutions up, people are going to go all out to drop shrines.  I'm of the opinion that it will level out after a few key people complete it
  • Yeah. To be fair, people are always going to be able to drop tons of shrines if committed.

I don't think adjusting judgement would stop it since you can just use headless corpses of allies, which seems really simple. Maybe people are really lazy and I'm wrong though.

I really like the balancing of sovereignty + raise costs + crusade costs with the caps that make sovereignty + no raising for a period of time a necessity to start a crusade though. It makes for interesting strategy.

I do wish the effect of a crusade on a shrine was more noticeable. Though, on the other hand, there's no incentive for the attacker to attack when the defending order is around (in fact, I think pretty much every crusade so far has had no strong defense, the heavily contested ones I've seen have been between attackers and third parties). The greater the effect the crusade has on the defenders, the more frustrating it will be that people can just attack the order that isn't present.

It's also really hard to defend even when you are present if there are, say, three factions vying for your splinters. Even a pretty solid defense might only land you at 20-30% power.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Farrah Using headless corpses of allies to drop a shrine in place of a member of the target order? Or using a headless ally corpse to offset the essence cost?
    Huh. Neat.
  • To destroy the shrine, instead of judgment.
  • I haven't seen anyone using headless ally corpses like that. Maybe mdor tho.

That seems like a bug.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    That seems like a bug.

It's not. The corpse has to be > level 80 OR a corpse of a member of the order you're defiling.
  • @Farrah They added in that 2nd part so @Aodfionn would feel involved.
    Oh, hrm. I guess I misread that then. Thought it was both, not either. That seems kinda silly, but oh well. Back to my corner.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Greys said:
    @Farrah They added in that 2nd part so @Aodfionn would feel involved.

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"