Shrine Phase 3/Crusades - Final Form!

Comments

• if by yellow-bellied you mean "asian evenings," then yeah, sure, you racist.

the geography part was something we definitely had an advantage on via gigantic head start and past experience, somewhat. it's the same as before.

some annoying bugs with things, though.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited December 2016
    Dropping to one knee before a shrine of Gaia, you beseech your patron to fan the draconic spark in Her followers to yet greater heights.
    ******************************************************************************
    **-->       You appear to have caused an untrapped error in Achaea       <--**
    **-->         Please do not execute this command again (for now)         <--**
    **-->                   "beseech gaia for veneration"                    <--**

**-->       You appear to have caused an untrapped error in Achaea       <--**
    **-->         Please do not execute this command again (for now)         <--**
    **-->                               "l me"                               <--**

and from other points of view now

-->       You appear to have caused an untrapped error in Achaea       <--
    -->         Please do not execute this command again (for now)         <--
    -->                           "look ellodin"                           <--

edit: also the actual veneration attempt lagged the server for 18 seconds
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Not a fan of the time zone implications, but I see Maks points about it. Also, if someone doesn't die at least twenty times and then posts a magnifent rant about it, Christmas isn't ruined! Scrubs. 

Merry Christmas, all!

• Viridian Dragons making a comeback.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Greys said:
    @Jonathin Except icons we had to pay for and didn't rebuild themselves. The master shrines regen and are essentially free with diminishing returns to discourage people from attacking repeatedly. I'd say these are nontrivial big differences.
    What I mean is that one Order or a small number of marginally aligned Orders will absolutely and basically perpetually live on Nishnatoba until nobody else wants to play there anymore and just gives up.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Or the coalition reforms.
  • Ahhhh man. Wake up on a Christmas day to read some fine, salty-ass thread posts about something the salty-ass posters probably won't join in on.

I feel like my Christmas is now complete, considering there's no snow outside. I'll take salt instead.

• Big nishnatoba shrine fights will be so intense. 
  • Forums : Omgomgomg post the dragon desc from the new shrine thingy! The one where you have to be in a crusade to get. 

Ellodin: Well, call me a fucking Templar. Let the Crusades begin. Here is your description.

Forums: Goddamnit this is bullshit time zone abuse by azns. And just to ruin my Christmas.

• Caelan said:
    Forums : Omgomgomg post the dragon desc from the new shrine thingy! The one where you have to be in a crusade to get. 

Ellodin: Well, call me a fucking Templar. Let the Crusades begin. Here is your description.

Forums: Goddamnit this is bullshit time zone abuse by azns. And just to ruin my Christmas.

Image result for nobody cares spongebob

• He's just sad because he needs a sentinel to turn to stone so he can be like his patron.  
  • Tahquil said:
    @Asmodron : if you don't care, don't be the cunt calling Ellodin hilariously yellow bellied.
    Asmodron is one of the reasons why I find Farrah's recruitment pitches so attractive. :(
  • Nazihk said:
    Tahquil said:
    @Asmodron : if you don't care, don't be the cunt calling Ellodin hilariously yellow bellied.
    Asmodron is one of the reasons why I find Farrah's recruitment pitches so attractive. :(

Lol by all means
  • Nazihk said:
    Tahquil said:
    As if you aren't one of the giant asshats of IRE - and way, way, too proud of that, when the audience is right (i.e. anywhere that isn't a public game forums).
  • Nazihk is my favorite IRE asshat. 

• Thought he was a newbie, guess I was wrong. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Dunn said:
    Oh. He is definitely a newbie. 
    This

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Right.  Basically, if you're dumb enough to actually brag about being a griefer in one IRE game (even using the word "griefer"), for hours at a time, day in and day out, to anyone who will listen, or even anyone who won't listen, someone might call you out on your "aw shucks, man I can't believe what an asshat that guy is" bs routine from time to time.  Anyway, shrines!
  • I think a lot of people grew up in the game.  So in that sense, soooort of?  As in "man, we were cunthammers when we were 15 year old PK-ers".  And while some of the stories can be amusing, there is a difference between bemused reminiscing and unrepentant reveling.  In short, in a non-game context, I absolutely cringe at things my younger self has done, even as I giggle.  If you don't giggle AND cringe you're doing it wrong.  
  • I am too soft to have ever been a griefer. :(

I have griefer friends though. They do my dirty work.

• Do you even go here?

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Must... Steal essence for... Neraeos... Must become... Sea Dragon...

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I really want Scarlatti's to just look like they've had buckets of paint thrown at them haphazardly.
    Huh. Neat.