Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Shrine Phase 3/Crusades - Final Form!

Comments

• KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Orders are essence capped though. You can only "farm" for so much essence before you reach the point that it needs to be spent, so it looks like it's just another method to keep pools topped up asides from offerings and the essence generated from sovereignity.

Crusades seem like a really viable way for Orders to have conflict and if the master shrines regenerate, it's not like any Order can be permanently crippled for long, even the smaller ones if people are really inclined to target them over the things that are a massive opposition. I'd really have thought that Aurora/Deucalion, Sartan, Babel, Twilight, and Artemis/Gaia would have been preferable targets solely because of factional opposition, but if smaller Orders are pulled in, it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

It just kind of seems like a different sort of tank blowing. Rooms fix themselves, master shrines fix themselves, lets the people that want to engage do so. It's a different avenue of conflict to raiding cities but looks more fun.

I just want to know if Nish can be totemed. All those rooms. Swoon.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    Orders are essence capped though. You can only "farm" for so much essence before you reach the point that it needs to be spent, so it looks like it's just another method to keep pools topped up asides from offerings and the essence generated from sovereignity.
    Stolen essence actually seems to be its own pool.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Kyrra
  • MakariosMakarios Administrator Posts: 1,871 Achaean staff
    Regen rates will definitely need adjusting. They're not meant to be overly punishing though, the target you hit is meant to be an rp choice more than anything. The essence is the commodity to fight over, so it doesn't really matter a huge amount mechanically speaking if you're fighting your target or some other order. It benefits the target order to show up (since they can get something out of it if they do), but they're not going to lose anything tangible if they don't.
    Kyrra
  • ArmaliArmali Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Nazihk said:
    There is no real conceivable way to make a skill-based system that will allow a 2v10 to come out reliably on the side of the 2 short of some kind of enforced dueling mechanism, and enforced dueling is a terrible idea for an organizational conflict system.
    Ashtan says hi.
    AsmodronBann
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well we tried to get you guys the description of the Pandora dragon, which is really the only thing we care to see. We only managed 3 splinters before we started getting stomped on by Targs. Depending on how much essence the miracle takes, it may be a while before we stack up enough.  :p
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AralayaAralaya Member Posts: 1,224 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Kayeil
    Our essence! We need it for fire and stuff!

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Armali said:
    Nazihk said:
    There is no real conceivable way to make a skill-based system that will allow a 2v10 to come out reliably on the side of the 2 short of some kind of enforced dueling mechanism, and enforced dueling is a terrible idea for an organizational conflict system.
    Ashtan says hi.
    When I use the phrase "come out reliably" I mean "beat 10 people who are less skilled but still can manage to tie their own shoes".

It's possible for 2 people to consistently beat 10 people when those 10 people can't tie their clownshoes.

It's not possible for those 2 people to reliably beat 10 people who have maybe half of a clue each.

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The "conflict so far" has been what, two crusades?

Give people some time to get used to the field and what can be done with it, holy shit.
    IssamAhmet
  • KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Nazihk said:
    When I use the phrase "come out reliably" I mean "beat 10 people who are less skilled but still can manage to tie their own shoes".

It's possible for 2 people to consistently beat 10 people when those 10 people can't tie their clownshoes.

It's not possible for those 2 people to reliably beat 10 people who have maybe half of a clue each.

lol it wasn't until this clownshoes comment and thinking of Imperian that I had any idea who you are. Then I read your name backwards
    AsmodronKiskan
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kayeil said:
    Well we tried to get you guys the description of the Pandora dragon, which is really the only thing we care to see. We only managed 3 splinters before we started getting stomped on by Targs. Depending on how much essence the miracle takes, it may be a while before we stack up enough.  :p
    I did however get some good exploring in, both live, and as a soul. Made the two deaths almost worth it.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Kayeil
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,511 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    3 splinters was pretty good for a two person order.
    PrytheCaelanKayeil
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Farrah said:
    Thank you. Kayeil is amazing, isn't she?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

SobriquetKayeil
  • YaeYae Member Posts: 307 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I thought a lot of it was just getting there before you guys knew we were there to splat.   :cookie:
    Art commissions are closed! I am (practically) dormant.   :s
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Prythe said:
    Farrah said:
    Thank you. Kayeil is amazing, isn't she?
    Hey one of them was all you!  <3 You're the best.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

A fury of primal daubings writhe across the bulk of the Dragon Sarathai.
    He is a Golden Dragon, the land trembles at his feet. The ruddy hues of the sundered earth scale this immense Greater Dragon, only the iris of his massive eyes betraying the alignment of the soul within. Across every inch of armour plating and wing span, the draconic form is daubed with primative symbology whose spiked forms tell of a wrathful artist. Unintelligible to the eye for more than a moment, these strange and evocative shapes and figures writhe with a primal abandon, never once finding rest. A softly crackling amber glow surrounds him in recognition of the Great Wrath's highest attainment.
    Ignore the last sentence, it's a TF. Otherwise, that's the custom dragon desc for Artemis.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

LilianExelethrilPrytheKayeil
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Lmao now I can't stop. 

Caelan
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    I can't stop reading it in this voice:

wtf is that?
    KafzielAchilles
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,955 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    You have clearly never watched TV, ever.
    To be fair, I only know because my 18y/o loved that damn show from about 10 on.

ExelethrilVallie
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,799 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Makarios @Nicola - Right now, the custom deathsights from Fervour are overwritten by Revelation's Guise, Quisalis Mask, etc. Is it possible to change the code so that the Order deathsights take precedence over these items, pretty please?
    Valaria
  • NicolaNicola Administrator Posts: 808 Achaean staff
    Aegoth said:
    @Makarios @Nicola - Right now, the custom deathsights from Fervour are overwritten by Revelation's Guise, Quisalis Mask, etc. Is it possible to change the code so that the Order deathsights take precedence over these items, pretty please?
    Not easily, but I'll add it to the list to see what we can do.
    Aegoth
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,264 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Out of curiosity, for how long does fervour last?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• CailanCailan Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Finding Torinn_HIM weak and undeserving of a place in Aegoth_HIS Master's world, Aegoth has 
    dispensed with Torinn.

oops
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nicola said:
    Aegoth said:
    Not easily, but I'll add it to the list to see what we can do.
    --
    Finding Torinn_HIM weak and undeserving of a place in Aegoth_HIS Master's world,
    Aegoth has dispensed with Torinn.
    Actually... You can go ahead and just keep that hidden, please.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Ahmet
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,281 @ - Epic Achaean
    Good fights and good times every time I've been involved in a Crusade.  Love it.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • CoamenelCoamenel Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    so, after reading this thread it's still not entirely clear to me. If I start a crusade on a time that's convenient for me, a european, am I then deliberately ruining it for the US folks? And will it be considered timezone abuse? If so, something is seriously wrong with how this game looks at non-US players. Since we ALWAYS have to stay up late or get up early to join in on the bigger events.

Coamenel said:
    so, after reading this thread it's still not entirely clear to me. If I start a crusade on a time that's convenient for me, a european, am I then deliberately ruining it for the US folks? And will it be considered timezone abuse? If so, something is seriously wrong with how this game looks at non-US players. Since we ALWAYS have to stay up late or get up early to join in on the bigger events.
    People will complain regardless, frankly.

Karren
Sign In to Comment.