Shrine Phase 3/Crusades - Final Form!

Comments

• Armored Aegis Dragons
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Krypton said:
    I bet it's just

The Greater Dragon Kenway squirms uncomfortably, utterly soaked and dripping wet.
    Yikes. Wonder if Lorielan is taking new followers >_>

(just kidding nerry i love you)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited December 2016
    Kiskan said:
    Nazihk said:
    Tahquil said:
    @Asmodron : if you don't care, don't be the cunt calling Ellodin hilariously yellow bellied.
    Asmodron is one of the reasons why I find Farrah's recruitment pitches so attractive. :(
    As if you aren't one of the giant asshats of IRE - and way, way, too proud of that, when the audience is right (i.e. anywhere that isn't a public game forums).
    Wait. He can still freely post on all forums, whereas you've been banned on like five different accounts now across IRE games. (this one included)
    Something isn't adding up.

11. No suspension or ban workarounds.
    If your account has been banned or suspended, do not create or use an alternate account to post. Do not post on behalf of someone who has been banned or suspended.

Sure would be nice if this rule got enforced.

• Ryzeth said:
    Kiskan said:
    Nazihk said:
    Tahquil said:
    @Asmodron : if you don't care, don't be the cunt calling Ellodin hilariously yellow bellied.
    Asmodron is one of the reasons why I find Farrah's recruitment pitches so attractive. :(
    As if you aren't one of the giant asshats of IRE - and way, way, too proud of that, when the audience is right (i.e. anywhere that isn't a public game forums).
    Wait. He can still freely post on all forums, whereas you've been banned on like five different accounts now across IRE games. (this one included)
    Something isn't adding up.

11. No suspension or ban workarounds.
    If your account has been banned or suspended, do not create or use an alternate account to post. Do not post on behalf of someone who has been banned or suspended.

Sure would be nice if this rule got enforced.

Easy there.  You're on round 3 and he's on round two :)  And that's after multiple bannings on his main.  Let's be careful in our glass houses.  We've discussed this.
  • edited December 2016
    Kiskan said:
    Easy there.  You're on round 3 and he's on round two :)  And that's after multiple bannings on his main.  Let's be careful in our glass houses.  We've discussed this.
    I'm... Not even on 1..? I've been jailed here on Achaea forums, but that's it. His was also temporary, hence "He can still post," -- You can't.
  • Oh I have no idea how many chars you have over here.  But I do feel very sure this isn't the first/only.  You have a VERY particular style that sort of jumps out, if you know what I mean. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Someone start one already. Only one at 3am on christmas ain't fun. Lets get this show on the road.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I thought Ahmet was in an order?
    Tahquil said:
    I thought Ahmet was in an order?
    1) Been trying for ages.
    2) Lol @ Scarlatti's order starting a crusade.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    ^ Classic Darkwalker misdirection
    If Ahmet could be a Darkwalker, 100% would have done it ages ago.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Tch, y'all have some novice expectations.

Think of the fricken Pandora dragons!!!
  • It'll be a prank though, I'll probably be turned into some small cuddly toy with butterflies for hands

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I can imagine Pandoran Dragons being tiny-sized  much like Her avatars, or perhaps resembling dragonlets

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Asmodron said:
    Tch, y'all have some novice expectations.

Think of the fricken Pandora dragons!!!
    @Kayeil and I will get right on that. (Given we are essentially a two person Order).

Hey, here's an idea - if y'all help us get Kayeil there we'll share the description!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• haha so just got involved for a crusade for the first time.. A+ for effort, but I beg of you all to make something that involves some sort of skill, besides --- Follow player, button mash Kill @target-- this is going to get old like super fast seeing as it comes down to, once again who has the most numbers on at that time.

• Sucker

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    The numbers thing is always an issue. Its a thing in raids too. Just comes down to the players in either group to make sure it stays fun for the participents. Even with higher stakes than raids i feel like people will still try and keep things fair and adjust as the fight goes on.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Nah son, free pie
  • edited December 2016
    We had 2. Targossas had over 14, Eleusis had 10-15, Hashan had 5-10. No amount of getting good would have given us a chance if our shrine had been targeted.

• There is no real conceivable way to make a skill-based system that will allow a 2v10 to come out reliably on the side of the 2 short of some kind of enforced dueling mechanism, and enforced dueling is a terrible idea for an organizational conflict system.
  • Nazihk said:
    There is no real conceivable way to make a skill-based system that will allow a 2v10 to come out reliably on the side of the 2 short of some kind of enforced dueling mechanism, and enforced dueling is a terrible idea for an organizational conflict system.

Let's be real. We'd have owned the "forced dueling" anyway. Pssh.

Admittedly, though, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the Nish conflict so far either. Sanction raiding encourages fair fights a lot more. Crusades seem to encourage attacking when there aren't enemies around.

I'm not sure what the best way to fix that would be.

• Farrah said:
    Nazihk said:
    There is no real conceivable way to make a skill-based system that will allow a 2v10 to come out reliably on the side of the 2 short of some kind of enforced dueling mechanism, and enforced dueling is a terrible idea for an organizational conflict system.

Let's be real. We'd have owned the "forced dueling" anyway. Pssh.

Admittedly, though, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the Nish conflict so far either. Sanction raiding encourages fair fights a lot more. Crusades seem to encourage attacking when there aren't enemies around.

I'm not sure what the best way to fix that would be.

Well, they are telegraphed by the windup, and once they start anybody can join (when Eleusis did ours, for example, Hashan showed up). I think a greater issue is that nothing stops people from declaring crusades against orders that can't really fight back, letting the big orders rake in plenty of essence. Apparently, the master shrines are regenerating over a couple of days as well? If so, then they can almost be farmed, if you can bring enough to deal with the real threats who'll come along for the PK ride.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Orders are essence capped though. You can only "farm" for so much essence before you reach the point that it needs to be spent, so it looks like it's just another method to keep pools topped up asides from offerings and the essence generated from sovereignity.

Crusades seem like a really viable way for Orders to have conflict and if the master shrines regenerate, it's not like any Order can be permanently crippled for long, even the smaller ones if people are really inclined to target them over the things that are a massive opposition. I'd really have thought that Aurora/Deucalion, Sartan, Babel, Twilight, and Artemis/Gaia would have been preferable targets solely because of factional opposition, but if smaller Orders are pulled in, it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

It just kind of seems like a different sort of tank blowing. Rooms fix themselves, master shrines fix themselves, lets the people that want to engage do so. It's a different avenue of conflict to raiding cities but looks more fun.

I just want to know if Nish can be totemed. All those rooms. Swoon.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Orders are essence capped though. You can only "farm" for so much essence before you reach the point that it needs to be spent, so it looks like it's just another method to keep pools topped up asides from offerings and the essence generated from sovereignity.
    Stolen essence actually seems to be its own pool.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Regen rates will definitely need adjusting. They're not meant to be overly punishing though, the target you hit is meant to be an rp choice more than anything. The essence is the commodity to fight over, so it doesn't really matter a huge amount mechanically speaking if you're fighting your target or some other order. It benefits the target order to show up (since they can get something out of it if they do), but they're not going to lose anything tangible if they don't.
  • Nazihk said:
    Ashtan says hi.