Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
I looked at the calendar today and thought "How is it April already?"

As they year seems to be going by in the blink of an eye, I thought it was time to open up a new Ask Your Producer thread. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions, but please keep in mind, there are many upcoming events and changes that we want to be a surprise at launch. I hope you understand that I may be vague in some of my answers as to not let the cat out of the bag.

I'm sure there will be many questions regarding the upcoming class, so I'll try to head those off early with some status updates:
- Preliminary coding is mostly done, we're about to go into internal testing in the next week or two.
- The class will be released alongside some massive events, so no public release date.

With that, I declare this thread open!

Comments

• Spec change artefact for Knights: When is it happening? You know you want to give us more reasons to buy artefact weapons.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2016
    Any plans to make it possible to upgrade talisman artie crossbows in the same way as the normal artie bows? :tongue:

Could it be made possible to customise the message (third and first person) you get when you fly using Ring of Flying? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sarathai said:
    If I buy you a drink at the Australian meet, will you create an underwater bashing ground in the Shallam ruins that has ormyrr and dala'myrr?
    I don't think the Orymrr and Dala'myrr have the capacity to survive under water, sadly! I'd like to see the submerged Shallam become accessible some time in the future, but there's no immediate plans to do this, I'm afraid.
  • edited April 2016
    The start of the year has seen many new and exciting things or changes occur in Achaea. The magnitude and frequency of announcements was astonishing. My questions are : do the development team plan to keep this pace up all year or was it more that a bunch of projects came to completion at the same time? Are there any worries that this pace may be responsible for the less than polished releases (Most recent case half the seafaring talismans not working as advertised on release) surfacing in the waters?

Shirszae said:
    Any plans to make it possible to upgrade talisman artie crossbows in the same way as the normal artie bows? :tongue:

Could it be made possible to customise the message (third and first person) you get when you fly using Ring of Flying? 

1) No immediate plans to offer upgrades to the talisman crossbows at this time.
    2) It is possible, but requires custom coding (which is quite costly). If you're interested, email customisations@achaea.com and we can get you a quote.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    1.) Any plans to make some Shop of Wonders arties able to have their artefact powers transferred to another artefact?

2.) Will there possibly be a shop log? Been hoping for one for a long time, even if the log only showed a few days with no indication as to who bought the item. Just easier to keep track of what to restock if we can see what items sold for what price.

3.) Are we allowed to ask @Sarapis questions here, too? I had some I wanted to ask, but I can't remember what they are... but just in case I can remember...
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Tecton said:
    Sarathai said:
    If I buy you a drink at the Australian meet, will you create an underwater bashing ground in the Shallam ruins that has ormyrr and dala'myrr?
    I don't think the Orymrr and Dala'myrr have the capacity to survive under water, sadly! I'd like to see the submerged Shallam become accessible some time in the future, but there's no immediate plans to do this, I'm afraid.
    What about undead ormyrr and dala'myrr? Surely they don't need to breathe.

Also, there was mention last year of events that would further the story arc of the pygmy kidnapping that novices go through. Is that anywhere close to release at this point, or is it wrapped up with the "massive events" linked with the new class and still without a public date?

(Also also, when there is a public release date, will people be warned of it like they were some of the Bal'met saga, for those of us who live in more inconvenient time zones?)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    What are the chances of a "better" trade in value for SoW items, be it in bound crowns or credits?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Oh, and : when are mahogany vices going to have a use again? In the next six months or longer? Do you already have a plan for them or using them for a placeholder for something that may pop up in the future?
    Tahquil said:
    The start of the year has seen many new and exciting things or changes occur in Achaea. The magnitude and frequency of announcements was astonishing. My questions are : do the development team plan to keep this pace up all year or was it more that a bunch of projects came to completion at the same time? Are there any worries that this pace may be responsible for the less than polished releases (Most recent case half the seafaring talismans not working as advertised on release) surfacing in the waters?
    We hope to! Some of the items on our schedule are very large projects, so there may be some lulls while we work on the larger releases. We're trying to minimise those though, with small projects that we'll try to get pushed out so there's no massive content droughts.

The talismans were admittedly pretty rough, and not as thoroughly tested as I would have liked. We had to reshuffle things last minute with Mortori sadly leaving the Garden for greener pastures, and everyone else having to do a last minute scramble to get those out for the 1st of the month deadline. 

With the recent coder call, we'll get some excellent new coders on the team to ensure that things remain on the anticipated pace.
    Kayeil said:
    1.) Any plans to make some Shop of Wonders arties able to have their artefact powers transferred to another artefact?

2.) Will there possibly be a shop log? Been hoping for one for a long time, even if the log only showed a few days with no indication as to who bought the item. Just easier to keep track of what to restock if we can see what items sold for what price.

3.) Are we allowed to ask @Sarapis questions here, too? I had some I wanted to ask, but I can't remember what they are... but just in case I can remember...
    1) Eventually, yes!
    2) There's a couple of ideas in the system for it, yes
    3) Pfft, so you're saying I'm not good enough?

Sarathai said:
    Tecton said:
    Sarathai said:
    What about undead ormyrr and dala'myrr? Surely they don't need to breathe.

Also, there was mention last year of events that would further the story arc of the pygmy kidnapping that novices go through. Is that anywhere close to release at this point, or is it wrapped up with the "massive events" linked with the new class and still without a public date?

(Also also, when there is a public release date, will people be warned of it like they were some of the Bal'met saga, for those of us who live in more inconvenient time zones?)
    1) Too much Pirates of the Caribbean for you, @Sarathai
    2) It's somewhat affiliated, yes.
    3) Yeah, we'll be trying to highlight important event happenings beforehand.

Klendathu said:
    What are the chances of a "better" trade in value for SoW items, be it in bound crowns or credits?
    Precisely 0% chance, sorry!
  • Tecton said:
    Antonius said:
    Spec change artefact for Knights: When is it happening? You know you want to give us more reasons to buy artefact weapons.
    We've got some new artefacts launching this month, including this!
    Time to stop eating... This could get expensive!

Tahquil said:
    Oh, and : when are mahogany vices going to have a use again? In the next six months or longer? Do you already have a plan for them or using them for a placeholder for something that may pop up in the future?
    More the latter than the former, we're still working on plans for the icon system rework. In the event that we don't end up using the vices, we'll give people a full refund.
  • Any chance we could get one of those fancy race/class breakdowns? Or are those even possible anymore with multiclass?

• Speaking of classes... I assume I have the most (at ten), but who has the second most number of classes fully learnt? Or the most if my assumption is incorrect.

Nakari said:
    Any chance we could get one of those fancy race/class breakdowns? Or are those even possible anymore with multiclass?
    Hrrm, only works on people's current classes, but I'll whip one up based on that and post it later in the day.
    Antonius said:

Speaking of classes... I assume I have the most (at ten), but who has the second most number of classes fully learnt? Or the most if my assumption is incorrect.

I think the next highest person has 6 transed classes. I'll let that person claim it, if they wish for it to be publicly known.
  • 1. While we're on the topic of multiclass, did you guys have an idea of how many classes you thought people would learn on average and has the adoption of it been better or worse than anticipated prior to release?

2. What's your personal favourite piece of functionality added to the game in the last year?

Here's the current breakdown, non-dormant and non-newbie players. Keep in mind this is a point in time snapshot, so current class and race.

Alchemist:   3.5%
    Apostate:    1.5%
    Bard:        4.1%
    Blademaster: 6.1%
    Druid:       7.3%
    Infernal:    1.6%
    Jester:      4.1%
    Magi:        9.0%
    Monk:        9.8%
    Occultist:   4.1%
    Paladin:     2.1%
    Priest:      3.2%
    Runewarden: 14.5%
    Sentinel:    3.5%
    Serpent:    15.5%
    Shaman:      3.0%
    Sylvan:      6.3%

Atavian:     11.5%
    Dragon:      21.7%
    Dwarf:        6.5%
    Grook:        3.3%
    Horkval:      3.8%
    Human:        9.6%
    Maggot:         0%
    Mhun:         5.6%   
    Rajamala:    11.2%
    Satyr:        2.1%
    Siren:        8.3%
    Troll:        3.7%
    Tsol'aa:      7.4%
    Xoran:        4.6%
    Antonius said:

1. While we're on the topic of multiclass, did you guys have an idea of how many classes you thought people would learn on average and has the adoption of it been better or worse than anticipated prior to release?

2. What's your personal favourite piece of functionality added to the game in the last year?

1) We expected that most people would probably learn at least one more, if nothing more than a place to invest lessons that they have nowhere else to spend them. Overall though, I think adoption has been better than expected!

2) I think many of the new player accessibility changes we've added. The amount of positive feedback we've had from new and returning players that haven't had to face the daunting task of having to code up client-side functionality to do relatively basic tasks has been great.

• assist xp and assists on stat stats please
    Jhui said:
    assist xp and assists on stat stats please
    How about free-throw and three point percentages too?!
  • i think we have a deal
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tecton said:
    Antonius said:

Speaking of classes... I assume I have the most (at ten), but who has the second most number of classes fully learnt? Or the most if my assumption is incorrect.

I think the next highest person has 6 transed classes. I'll let that person claim it, if they wish for it to be publicly known.
    @Antonius I got 5 got trans 6 total

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Tecton said:
    Kayeil said:

1) Eventually, yes!
    2) There's a couple of ideas in the system for it, yes
    3) Pfft, so you're saying I'm not good enough?

The first two make me super happy and ecstatic. Thank you thank you.

Of COURSE you're good enough. <3  I remembered my question... I was just merely curious how involved in the other IRE games he is... like if he plays a God in them, if he's as involved in development and events as he is here in Achaea, and if he interacts with the players there, like on forums and stuff. I played Aetolia and Lusternia avoiding OOC clans and forums, but never heard anything about him being as involved or interactive in the other IRE games.  But obviously Achaea has the best team.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    What's up with my dragonscale amour... Used to be able to wear it as a monk. :( armour arties?

This discussion has been closed.