Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Tecton said:

1) Global warming, raising the sea level 50'. Cyrene is now the last bastion of civilisation and all of the former cities have to try and claim the city as their own.
    I may be Mhaldorian, but the Nereian in me is very very pleased by this.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Melodie said:
    Tecton said:

1) Global warming, raising the sea level 50'. Cyrene is now the last bastion of civilisation and all of the former cities have to try and claim the city as their own.
    Sounds like Aeotlia

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Szanthax said:
    Melodie said:
    Tecton said:

Sounds like Aeotlia
    Neraeos has an end prophecy in his Order lore that is basically what T just explained (or rather, it's vague enough but T's way of it happening is certainly one possibility). The idea is that Cyrene is the last civilisation and gg to the other cities. It's always been my favorite end-of-the-world idea.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    1. If you currently played as an adventurer, what class would you be and what would be your primary focus?

2. In the event Achaea sales model were to fail one day, would that just be the end?  Is there even the slightest chance of that happening? 

3. Any planned updates for ire mobile app? I've not had an update for mine in forever, but I've not noticed bugs lately either.  Wondering if one slipped by me.  

Last one [maybe]: when are we going to get to see Anarachaea again?  

• edited April 2016
    NVM...
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Tahquil said:
    NVM...
    BUT I DO MIND!
  • Tecton said:

Tahquil said:
    NVM...
    BUT I DO MIND!
    God @Tahquil he's taking it out on us now JUST ASK!!!
    Piera said:
    What is your favorite city, Divine, and in-game event?
    City: Hrrm, I'm really excited for Hashan and Ashtan's new directions, and am really excited to see what they blossom into.
    Divine: Me, of course.
    In-game event: In spite of the fact it probably aged me 10 years, probably the Bal'met Saga, just the scope and impact is hard to beat.

edited April 2016
    Looking at the class break down percentages... Does that help you see what classes need more help or attention or what not? 

Szanthax said:
    Looking at the class break down percentages... Does that help you see what classes need more help or attention our what not? 
    A little, it's not a true indicative value though, since there are factional classes which have much more restrictions. If anybody could be any class, it would be much more telling. 
    Tecton said:
    Szanthax said:
    Looking at the class break down percentages... Does that help you see what classes need more help or attention our what not? 
    A little, it's not a true indicative value though, since there are factional classes which have much more restrictions. If anybody could be any class, it would be much more telling. 
    That's what i was thinking too. It's clear the factionless(classes) have an advantage(in scale). I wonder if we coulds get it adjusted for inflation heh. 

• There's also a history of utility classes being near the top, largely because people that don't fight aren't going to care about how powerful a class is 1v1, but will care about, say, easy los in raids or being able to travel quickly to do the things they like.
    Kiet said:
    There's also a history of utility classes being near the top, largely because people that don't fight aren't going to care about how powerful a class is 1v1, but will care about, say, easy los in raids or being able to travel quickly to do the things they like.
    I still find it interesting... Curious to see it broken down by city. I've played them all and find them all fun to play to a point. Interesting that druid above sylvan etc...

Szanthax said:
    Kiet said:
    There's also a history of utility classes being near the top, largely because people that don't fight aren't going to care about how powerful a class is 1v1, but will care about, say, easy los in raids or being able to travel quickly to do the things they like.
    I still find it interesting... Curious to see it broken down by city. I've played them all and find them all fun to play to a point. Interesting that druid above sylvan etc...
    Not something I have easy access to, if I get some free time, I'll see if I can calculate it
    edited April 2016
    Tecton said:
    Szanthax said:
    Kiet said:
    Not something I have easy access to, if I get some free time, I'll see if I can calculate it
    It's ok I'm just a statistical nerd...

I can definitely see it in the day to day combat.. I prefer to play as serpent... Maneuverable flexibility range melee... Highest percentage.  Alchemists is probably stronger... But there are limitations and things that I haven't learned that prohibit me(us) from using it as much... It's a big learning curve

• The question nobody thought to ask: How are you?

Also: I keep trying to step into programming, but can't seem to keep focused beyond the raw fundamentals I learned in a python class. Do you have any suggestions?

Finally: Non-factioned support/healer class, please?
  • Rasui said:

Jester
    Kiet said:
    Rasui said:

Jester
    Think more along healer in dragonrealms

So I've been in that position more than a few times.. With achaea, jobs, ...friends... Remember it's not what the game can bring to you but what you can bring to the game. 

I think you suggestion is great.. have endgame for all the flavours if the rainbows

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    1.) Out of all the things you've worked on in Achaea, what are some of the things you're most proud of?

2.) Do you and Makarios ever get to duel to test things out? And if so, do you do so with other behind the scenes workers and volunteers? I'm curious how awesome some of you are or would be at combat if you all joined in on the fun with raiding and duels (although many of us are aware of how good Makarios is).
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• 1. While there was mention of new or tweaked hunting areas, how about expansion of new areas? While I understand the need to keep things secret so that excitement builds and such, but are any of the following in the works and call you hint at which ones: Islands, Kashari, Seleucar (the actual city)

2. Are there any plans to change or expand ship trades? I'd personally like to see multiple trades per month based on better rewards having longer trade stops, or maybe deals that require multiple end products (so 3 gems, 5 silk for example)

3. Are there any aspects of achaea that you would love to see expanded just for fun, but can't because of time/resources priorities?

You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Is it possible to be able to drop mini pets and leave them where you drop them (without requiring stables), instead of having them reset? Then, if you want them, have a command that can recall loyals or something to have them in your inventory? They're fun to collect, but a pain to hold all the time.

Is it possible to add in a "recall artefacts" option added in the event that you loaned them out and you want them back, or the person you loaned them to logs out, or whatever else to avoid the having to wait? 
  • Any near-term (aka 2016) plans for world-scale group combat RP events like the Reckoning?
  • edited April 2016
    Heading to bed, but I'll be checking in when I wake up. One of my larger concerns about the game is that I've seemingly hit a point where I'm mostly logging on for people, and not the game itself. While I prefer this game to other "theme park" styled mmos, I wonder just how much Achaea could benefit from a few tastes of such.

So my question would have to be, what are the thoughts behind adding in factions and daily style quests, or even rewarding things to do outside of hunting/pvp. Aetolia had a few interesting takes on this, with fishing in particular. You could log on and complete a few quests each day to raise rep with the gulleyes fishing faction. At certain ranks, you were able to have access to special shop wares that you had to earn. They could be specific lures, or clothing. While it may not need to be quite like this, I just hope to see more grow into the game. It's hard to feel like you're doing something fulfilling or productive just extracting all day, and not many people need forging.

(I adore Achaea, it's a game I grew up playing with highschool friends, and continue to play even into my nursing career. Part of me just wishes I could help shape the game I love into more than a fancy chatroom for some people, myself included.)
    I think this is legitimately the first time I have ever seen someone asking for more of that. Dailies and rep grind are probably the single most-complained-about thing in every single theme park MMO.

This is a pretty weird reversal - theme park MMOs are notorious for players running out of things to do (which is why artificial lengthening is added in the form of rep grind and dailies) and for players ending up just logging in to chat with friends and all that, whereas Achaea has traditionally been one of relatively few MMO-like games that actually manages to avoid that problem to a significant degree. There's always stuff to do. Factions always have things going on and when their storylines are getting sparse, people who get things started are almost always lauded. There are always people to RP with. There are always people to fight with and there's pretty much always more depth to explore in PvP.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Tecton, when it comes to customisations, it's can't be created without a base item, and even customizing it, it still has to be that base item (i.e. a hat has to stay a hat) in most cases. 

Why is that, and is there any room for a system where people can get truly custom, original items if they're willing to pay for them?

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    When is the next Ironcon?
This discussion has been closed.