Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

Comments

• In that case, how many credits to have Trey shrubbed so we can have non-decay armour?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Antonius said:
    In that case, how many credits to have Trey shrubbed so we can have non-decay armour?

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Kcikstarter campaign..

My real curiosity... 5 year plan?

• There was mention of a shrine rework a few years back.  What happened to that, and is it still something that's in the cards sometime in the near future?
    Penwize said:
    There was mention of a shrine rework a few years back.  What happened to that, and is it still something that's in the cards sometime in the near future?
    Something we've kicked around, but haven't come up with a really good solution, so it's on the back-burner for the moment until inspiration strikes.
    Szanthax said:
    My real curiosity... 5 year plan?
    That depends if I get my million dollars!
  • Are the urn mounts supposed to work from islands and Meropis?

• edited April 2016
    @Tecton  You said earlier that you would possibly be looking into PVE changes.  Monks (the poor glass cannons that they are), getting higher damage than Runewardens (The tanks that they are).  I have a few questions for this.

1)  Does this mean that Runewardens are getting a damage nerf?
    1b) Does this mean that monks are getting a PVE damage buff?
    2)  What is Inhibit's 'intended' purpose for Battlerage? I've yet to see it stop any denizen from actually healing itself with attacks.

If monks are getting PvE damage buffs, I'd be super happy, however if we're just nerfing Runewarden PvE damage across the board, I'm not so stellar about it.  Generally because, from what I've seen... Tank > Damage in PVE simply due to the fact that they can take more enemies on at once than we can, and also generally have a larger health pool.  Which means they can fight 2 enemies at once, where the glass cannons cry to themself at one.

Edit: Adding onto this I guess.

3) What are the odds that we can get the Historical Golden Window to show the events of how the Divine died during the War of the Worldreaver?  Or even the description of those that have died?
    Cooper said:
    Are the urn mounts supposed to work from islands and Meropis?
    They don't work from outer islands/meropis etc.
    edited April 2016

Frederich said:
    @Tecton  You said earlier that you would possibly be looking into PVE changes.  Monks (the poor glass cannons that they are), getting higher damage than Runewardens (The tanks that they are).  I have a few questions for this.

2)  What is Inhibit's 'intended' purpose for Battlerage? I've yet to see it stop any denizen from actually healing itself with attacks.

If monks are getting PvE damage buffs, I'd be super happy, however if we're just nerfing Runewarden PvE damage across the board, I'm not so stellar about it.  Generally because, from what I've seen... Tank > Damage in PVE simply due to the fact that they can take more enemies on at once than we can, and also generally have a larger health pool.  Which means they can fight 2 enemies at once, where the glass cannons cry to themself at one.

3) What are the odds that we can get the Historical Golden Window to show the events of how the Divine died during the War of the Worldreaver?  Or even the description of those that have died?
    Each class will get a modifier to their damage base on their survivability and utility, some will be higher (buffs), some lower (nerfs), based on their distance from the mean.

Inhibiting a denizens healing will prevent it from healing itself for a short time. Some denizens are active healers, (as in they'll recover health mid-fight), others heal when theirs no target in the room. The battlerage affliction will prevent both (and can be paired up with other battlerage abilities for additional effect)
  • Tecton said:
    Cooper said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04c15b85

Think again boss man.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    There was mention of a shrine rework a few years back.  What happened to that, and is it still something that's in the cards sometime in the near future?
    Something we've kicked around, but haven't come up with a really good solution, so it's on the back-burner for the moment until inspiration strikes.
    Does this mean you're open to ideas and suggestions in this area, then?
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    Does this mean you're open to ideas and suggestions in this area, then?
    You're more than welcome to, sure!
    Atalkez said:
    Tecton said:
    Cooper said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04c15b85

Think again boss man.
    Maybe Meropis was included there, it has the same restrictions as PTV.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Any chance of a yearly billing option for Elite? Would be nice to have a minor discount for a year's worth, or some other benefits, but even without discount/extra benefits I'd definitely enjoy a year subscription option.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Any chance of a yearly billing option for Elite? Would be nice to have a minor discount for a year's worth, or some other benefits, but even without discount/extra benefits I'd definitely enjoy a year subscription option.
    It's something we've discussed, yes. Not sure about discounts, but just the convenience to pay for a year at a time is something we'll likely offer in the future.
  • Tecton said:

Frederich said:

Each class will get a modifier to their damage base on their survivability and utility, some will be higher (buffs), some lower (nerfs), based on their distance from the mean.

Inhibiting a denizens healing will prevent it from healing itself for a short time. Some denizens are active healers, (as in they'll recover health mid-fight), others heal when theirs no target in the room. The battlerage affliction will prevent both (and can be paired up with other battlerage abilities for additional effect)

This doesn't seem to be the case then.  Inhibit just uh.. sort of lets Denizens still heal mid-fight.  The Vertani Priestess, Will-o-wisps in UW, Red scorpions.  Even if they're smacked with Inhibit, they'll still smack you and heal ridiculously fast.  Unless, of course, this only disables the 'healing' when it isn't in the form of an attack.  Which makes this affliction much.. much less useful and borderline useless to most monks until end-game (wherein you'll probably be fighting honour mobs as dragons, anyways).
    Frederich said:
    Tecton said:

Frederich said:

This doesn't seem to be the case then.  Inhibit just uh.. sort of lets Denizens still heal mid-fight.  The Vertani Priestess, Will-o-wisps in UW, Red scorpions.  Even if they're smacked with Inhibit, they'll still smack you and heal ridiculously fast.  Unless, of course, this only disables the 'healing' when it isn't in the form of an attack.  Which makes this affliction much.. much less useful and borderline useless to most monks until end-game (wherein you'll probably be fighting honour mobs as dragons, anyways).
    Hrrm, something might not be working 100% there, if you'd like to file a bug, we'll take a look and see if it's buggy.
  • 1. What is your coding background? ( where u worked before Achaea, language, project, etc)
    2. How many people code for Achaea on a daily basis
    3. whats your average daily routine? In terms of both your lifestyle and how you prioritize your coding for Achaea ( new projects, bugs, dealing with emails/msgs, daily meetings with the other developers)? Basically describe your day to me so I know whether I should be jealous of you or grateful or both 
    4. What tools do you and the other developers use? ( IDEs, source control, collaboration tools)
    5. Who wrote the Achaea client and is he/she doing it all by himself as a full time hire or contract or what. 
    6. When did they start writing the client? And are you happy with the structure in which it was developed? Happy with Jquery approach over other JavaScript frameworks? 
  • 1. If you could do anything to completely shake up the achaean landscape for your own enjoyment, what would it be?

2. Has there been anything you've implemented/changed that you haven't been happy with after the fact?

3. If you had a day/week/month to implement a change or set of changes that you'd love to see, but just don't have the time to, what would be on the top of your list?

4. Are you happy with how Mayan crowns are currently earned, and would you be open to suggestions for them being obtainable in different ways on top of how they are currently distributed?
    In house financing for large credit purchases? Take all of our interest payments!!

• What is your favorite city, Divine, and in-game event?
    Szanthax said:
    In house financing for large credit purchases? Take all of our interest payments!!
    We could send Jeremy out to be our kneecapper should you default on payments! What could go wrong?
    Heh... Default on PayPal f up credit.. Default with AchaeaCredit lose chars until current!! I know which I'd choose...

And I flatter myself because I know it's Saunders but I always think it's me

This discussion has been closed.