Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

15791011

Comments

  • DannaDanna Member Posts: 6
    I am wondering:

    1. Interactivity of the world

    We have some items we can push, pull, touch, feel among what we could do with the objects and denizens in the world. Will we be able to interact -more- with the world out there?

    I'd love to explore the sunken city of Shallam and try to find a hidden treasure trove of books or lore in there as an example. How about ruins of the fallen Gods/Goddesses where we could go and explore to rediscover who They were before the Worldreaver annihilated them?

    2. Furniture

    Imperian has a really cool selection of furniture we could customize for our own homes using blueprints. I'd love to see more variety of furnishings like .. hammocks by the river.. where I could relax after a day slaughtering denizens.

    3. Earning Opportunities

    While we have bounties to hunt down our targets with and collect either gold or credits for completing them, I am wondering if we will have earning opportunities to receive compensation other than gold or credits.

    4. Playable Races

    Will we see some new playable races in Achaea? For the last 15 years I played Achaea in various forms, I haven't seen a new race be unveiled. I'd like to see some really neat races such as Vampire, Tsol'teth, Orc to name as examples to give us some variety and creativity customizing our characters to an extent.

    5. Custom Weapons

    I wanted a custom book weapon I can wield with to smack someone with. Something that says "I'm a freakin' librarian. Don't. Mess. With. My. Books."


    AereidhnaMalsifera
  • KhaibitKhaibit Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sherazad said:
    I thought @Kiet meant more like the difference between the ease of making potash and difficulty of finding moss, the latter being more limited due to the nature of plants. 
    we get our primes from similar/same places as moss grows. I have far more moss than I do sulphur or mercury (the primes needed for potash)  I have both skills, I can see the disparity in it, and minerals are the loser at the moment in ease of getting/making and time taken to get. 


  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh if primes come from the same place moss does, there are some hidden areas that should have a massive yield, as I know they yield a ton of moss consistently.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Danna said:
    I am wondering:

    1. Interactivity of the world

    We have some items we can push, pull, touch, feel among what we could do with the objects and denizens in the world. Will we be able to interact -more- with the world out there?

    I'd love to explore the sunken city of Shallam and try to find a hidden treasure trove of books or lore in there as an example. How about ruins of the fallen Gods/Goddesses where we could go and explore to rediscover who They were before the Worldreaver annihilated them?

    2. Furniture

    Imperian has a really cool selection of furniture we could customize for our own homes using blueprints. I'd love to see more variety of furnishings like .. hammocks by the river.. where I could relax after a day slaughtering denizens.

    3. Earning Opportunities

    While we have bounties to hunt down our targets with and collect either gold or credits for completing them, I am wondering if we will have earning opportunities to receive compensation other than gold or credits.

    4. Playable Races

    Will we see some new playable races in Achaea? For the last 15 years I played Achaea in various forms, I haven't seen a new race be unveiled. I'd like to see some really neat races such as Vampire, Tsol'teth, Orc to name as examples to give us some variety and creativity customizing our characters to an extent.

    5. Custom Weapons

    I wanted a custom book weapon I can wield with to smack someone with. Something that says "I'm a freakin' librarian. Don't. Mess. With. My. Books."


    1) There's plenty of opportunities for exploration and interactivity beyond those basics, they just require a bit of searching :) To answer the crux of your question though, all of our team try to make RP events as interactive and fluid as possible to adventurer actions. 

    2) I'm always open to new furniture types, beyond our already massive list of options (HELP FURNITURE). If there's something that you'd like to see beyond the available options, file an IDEA and we'll take a look.

    3) Being the prime currency of the realm, gold and credits are generally most coveted. What other things would you like to see offered?

    4) Indeed! There are some changes in that arena in the planning stages.

    5) You probably won't see something like that outside of maybe a boon, I'm afraid!

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    New playable races?!  :o
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

    YaeUtianima
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,953 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Boons are still a thing?

    Stop teasing, @Tecton. :(
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    TrillianaMorthif
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,720 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:
    Boons are still a thing?

    Stop teasing, @Tecton. :(
    Oh god, to have a boon.

    MelodieTrillianaSkullossus
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Trey said:
    Melodie said:
    Boons are still a thing?

    Stop teasing, @Tecton. :(
    Oh god, to have a boon.
    I gave you a boon 2 days ago, you ungrateful bastard :P 
    NataliiaTrillianaUtianimaCzanthria
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thought it was stated by one of the admins a while ago boons weren't going to be a thing anymore, I forget why. Might've been in the last ask your producer thread.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,170 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Any ideas on how to revamp furniture system? What priority rank is it?
    NataliiaMelodie
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How long does the wheel's crit bonus last, and how effective is it?
    Huh. Neat.
    DochithaSkullossus
  • NataliiaNataliia Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not trying to get off topic, but in relation to the herbalism harvesting vs. synthesis, the major difference between the two is that where you have to scour for various herbs that can be a right pain in the ass to get (read: pear, sileris, ginseng, lobelia, elm) you can make yourself the exact number of a certain mineral you're low on without much effort. Having had both synthesis and havesting I can say there are pros and cons to each. Primes really aren't that difficult to get. They're everywhere. The biggest irritation is the fact that you have to harvest primes and then you still have to break them apart for alchemical metals and then you have to make them into minerals with a culimination of alchemical metals and primes. But hey, you get 5 of a mineral with each transmutation instead of "That plant has been fully harvested." or "You reach out and carefully harvest 2 sileris berries." and that is with gloves of harvesting and the master harvester trait.

    Next question for the T man!
    Is there going to be another gold auction coming up? Can we have hints as to when or a teaser of what might be on the block? Gotta start hoarding the loot and all!!
    Sherazad
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,720 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Trey said:
    Melodie said:
    Boons are still a thing?

    Stop teasing, @Tecton. :(
    Oh god, to have a boon.
    I gave you a boon 2 days ago, you ungrateful bastard :P 
    If I had gotten a boon, I'd be unlocatable right now! (Kidding, I do appreciate it)

    Real question - Can we have a preview of one or more of the artefacts you were saying would be released this month?

  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2016
    The "Remember when?" Wren
    This small glass figurine will enable you to remember wren...Remember when you traded in those useless artefacts... And then they became useful? Remember when you quit an org and then it became relevant? Remember when your favourite diety wasn't dormant? Stare blankly at this stupid glass bird as you focus all your "remembers" into it. Then throw it on the ground and forget about the stupid past and envision the amazing future.
    69 credits



  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,927 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:

    Kresslack said:
    @Tecton, when it comes to customisations, it's can't be created without a base item, and even customizing it, it still has to be that base item (i.e. a hat has to stay a hat) in most cases. 

    Why is that, and is there any room for a system where people can get truly custom, original items if they're willing to pay for them?
    Consistency is one of the big ones! If you made a hat into a turban for example, the item wouldn't be able to be referenced as a turban, it'd only be able to be interacted with as a hat. So while this isn't a massive problem for you, should the item be dropped somewhere, people would be PUSH TURBAN, GET TURBAN and nothing would work.

    We've made new items for people in the past, but they still need to meet all of our strict criteria for additions to the game. We're not going to add a chainsaw, just because someone asks/is willing to pay for it!
    That makes sense, and I'm not sure how the process works behind the scenes when editing stuff, but would it really be that difficult to just change the metadata tag or item type from 'hat' to 'turban' in such instances? That way people would have a larger variety of options for customisation, especially considering the cost.

    With the ability now to effectively consolidate artefacts into one item, would this be easier? For instance, if someone wanted to take a artefact tophat and change it into a pouch or a bag or something, they effectively are told no because it still has to be a 'tophat'. 


  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Tahquil said:
    Any ideas on how to revamp furniture system? What priority rank is it?
    If we were going to do a full overhaul of the furniture system, we'd make them actual items/replicas, so people could interact with them normally, put reactions on them, and a slew of other things that don't work because they're not normal items. As for priority, pretty low in the grand scheme of things, I'm afraid!
    TahquilSkyeMelodie
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Ahmet said:
    How long does the wheel's crit bonus last, and how effective is it?
    Anywhere from 2 - 4 hours (randomly determined when one wins the prize), and about half as effective as a L1 artefact.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Nataliia said:
    Is there going to be another gold auction coming up? Can we have hints as to when or a teaser of what might be on the block? Gotta start hoarding the loot and all!!
    No plans for one, and if we did one, it's unlikely we'd offer unique artefacts in them. We'd rather put that effort into developing artefacts that more than one person can enjoy!
    Nataliia
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,170 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2016
    Chances of a def line showing someone if they are under the crit chance influence? Or what fancy mining minerals for that matter.
    NataliiaQwyn
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Kresslack said:
    Tecton said:

    Kresslack said:
    @Tecton, when it comes to customisations, it's can't be created without a base item, and even customizing it, it still has to be that base item (i.e. a hat has to stay a hat) in most cases. 

    Why is that, and is there any room for a system where people can get truly custom, original items if they're willing to pay for them?
    Consistency is one of the big ones! If you made a hat into a turban for example, the item wouldn't be able to be referenced as a turban, it'd only be able to be interacted with as a hat. So while this isn't a massive problem for you, should the item be dropped somewhere, people would be PUSH TURBAN, GET TURBAN and nothing would work.

    We've made new items for people in the past, but they still need to meet all of our strict criteria for additions to the game. We're not going to add a chainsaw, just because someone asks/is willing to pay for it!
    That makes sense, and I'm not sure how the process works behind the scenes when editing stuff, but would it really be that difficult to just change the metadata tag or item type from 'hat' to 'turban' in such instances? That way people would have a larger variety of options for customisation, especially considering the cost.

    With the ability now to effectively consolidate artefacts into one item, would this be easier? For instance, if someone wanted to take a artefact tophat and change it into a pouch or a bag or something, they effectively are told no because it still has to be a 'tophat'. 
    Re: Metadata: Not really, with the way items work in Achaea, the aliases for an item are stored on the "base" item, not the individual item.
  • DaironDairon Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tecton said:

    Trey said:
    Tecton said:
    Trey said:
    Melodie said:
    Boons are still a thing?

    Stop teasing, @Tecton. :(
    Oh god, to have a boon.
    I gave you a boon 2 days ago, you ungrateful bastard :P 
    If I had gotten a boon, I'd be unlocatable right now! (Kidding, I do appreciate it)

    Real question - Can we have a preview of one or more of the artefacts you were saying would be released this month?
    Knight spec changing artefact
    Artefacts to increase the number of hypnosis imprints
    Liquid rift expansion artefacts

    I am excited! But would this means liquid rift expansion and rift expansion would be two separate artefacts? Or would the current rift artefact be more expensive and include liquid rift expansion?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Dairon said:
    Tecton said:

    Trey said:

    Real question - Can we have a preview of one or more of the artefacts you were saying would be released this month?
    Knight spec changing artefact
    Artefacts to increase the number of hypnosis imprints
    Liquid rift expansion artefacts

    I am excited! But would this means liquid rift expansion and rift expansion would be two separate artefacts? Or would the current rift artefact be more expensive and include liquid rift expansion?
    Yes, two distinct artefacts/powers.

  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,170 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This is sorta turning into an ideas thread, sorry.  :s
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Tahquil said:
    Chances of a def line showing someone if they are under the crit chance influence? Or what fancy mining minerals for that matter.
    Hrrm, I thought we added those already...
  • MindshellMindshell Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Do you feel systems like traits and battlerage provided a tangible benefit to the game after their implementation and would you consider adding something like them ever again?
  • AmranuAmranu Member Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    When are you deleting Bard?
    Nataliia
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Woohoo! So excited for liquid rift expansion capabilities.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Mindshell said:
    Do you feel systems like traits and battlerage provided a tangible benefit to the game after their implementation and would you consider adding something like them ever again?
    Definitely! I wouldn't say that they necessarily solved their problems 100%, but I think they're a great first step for further changes. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, nothing is ever "finished" in Achaea, so we'll keep building on the backs of those systems to continually improve those areas.
This discussion has been closed.