Battlerage

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Kinda stoked that I can literally just drool on things to kill them as a green dragon XD

Edit: Oh, were essence amounts changed at all along with the increase in denizen health, or were they kept the same?

• Sarapis said:
    Kayeil said:
    I don't understand what dragonchill does.

Also, some gold drop areas are pretty nice... but this sloooooow grinding is painful.

I can't even imagine how insane the honors denizens will be now. Do these skills work on them?
    @Kayeil The goal is for someone using battlerage efficiently while bashing alone to be getting about the same gold and xp per hour as before. We have a bunch of quests to adjust now that it's live, but otherwise, that's the goal.

The longer fights are necessary to make the conditional and affliction attacks useful. Otherwise, if you just one-shot or 2 or 3 shot everything you fight, what's the point? That'll still be the case when someone's killing things much below their level of course, but this helps alleviate it.

This also effectively increases the density and availability of both gold and xp in the sense that areas take longer to get bashed out, and reward people more for bashing them out than previously. We'll see how it plays out in practice.

And yes, those skills will mostly work against honors denizens. Mostly.
    These are some of the things I like most about the changes. the increased density and availability should be a really good improvement over having lots of areas constantly empty from a hand full of bashers running the pops.

One thought I had is how this will effect shrine conflict, the increased essence etc will have an obvious effect. Though I am unsure if this would be adverse but it does feel like it would be.
  • I like it. It's a lot of fun and gives some nice variety to hunting.

I am concerned about how this may be affecting Minia, though. Newbies can't really find an easier area if it's too much.
  • I am about to go pick up my roomie from work, but wanted to drop a quick word. I love this, I was really worried and I should not have been. I think critical hits are more important than ever though, I do not feel I have been slowed down too much, but I think crits should be upped a bit. I think this would quicken the fights a little. I would even take this at the expense of losing gold. It just feels 'meh' sometimes to stand still for a while.

I will definitely not drop off a lot in my hunting, that is for sure.
  • My concern with newbie areas is if you make it take too long to kill things, it will be impossible for most newbies to clear an area before the corpses decay. They'll have to go and turn corpses in to the imp lord after every few pixies instead of after the pixies are gone.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Shunsui makes a good point... essence should be increased, too!

Wondering if this will make hunting for dragon or hunting at all even less tempting for those who already hate it. Guess we'll see if there's a drop off in how many new dragons there are or not.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Monks seem to be the most self sufficient I have seen so far. Very nifty. 
  • I suddenly regret losing 108.3 levels :dizzy: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited May 2015
    whew, a lot more involved than mash f1.  Going to take some getting used to, but overall it seems pretty cool so far

Also, while it does take a while to kill something, it doesn't feel like I have to slaughter an entire village of orcs for 2% now.  May not be a time improvement or anything, but it at least FEELS better to get more experience.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Undead invasion rewards pending from Maelstrom:

ITEM                                KEYWORD     COST
    ==========================================================
    1 - a bag of 3000 gold              GOLD        Pending
    2 - a rounded, bronze helm          HELM        Pending
    3 - a backpack of woven sargassum   BACKPACK    Pending
    4 - a string of running lights      LIGHTS      Pending
    5 - a great leopard cowry           COWRY       Pending
    6 - a worn hurdy gurdy              HURDYGURDY  Pending
    7 - an undead horse figurehead      FIGUREHEAD  Pending
    8 - a death's head moth             MOTH        Pending
    9 - a cyclopian seafoam nytrow      NYTROW      Pending

• HalosHalos The Reaches

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
    Ruth said:
    Undead invasion rewards pending from Maelstrom:

ITEM                                KEYWORD     COST
    ==========================================================
    1 - a bag of 3000 gold              GOLD        Pending
    2 - a rounded, bronze helm          HELM        Pending
    3 - a backpack of woven sargassum   BACKPACK    Pending
    4 - a string of running lights      LIGHTS      Pending
    5 - a great leopard cowry           COWRY       Pending
    6 - a worn hurdy gurdy              HURDYGURDY  Pending
    7 - an undead horse figurehead      FIGUREHEAD  Pending
    8 - a death's head moth             MOTH        Pending
    9 - a cyclopian seafoam nytrow      NYTROW      Pending
    What in the world is that last thing?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I'm assuming cowry, moth and nytrow are minipets. Could probably be some random ocean thing/crustacean.

• Rage decays too quickly, is my only problem with it. If I have to move 2+ rooms to get to another denizen, my rage fades. Often my rage is well around 100+, so I personally think if one is to use it to hunt efficiently, there has to be a way of being able to maintain it efficiently.
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited May 2015
    Serpent's Snare battlerage ability seems a bit useless, as well as the charm affliction in general. Obliviate is definitely a nice skill though if you need to take a breather.
    Ruth said:
    I'm assuming cowry, moth and nytrow are minipets. Could probably be some random ocean thing/crustacean.
    Oh? I wasn't thinking the cowry would be, but will keep that in mind. Hopefully I can earn enough to get those and the lights then. Maybe the helm, too.

• I'd like to see what battlerage damage is like, so if anyone wants to test theirs I can provide a falcon to hit.
  • edited May 2015
    Daeir said:
    I mean obviously bashing is meant to be slower than before in terms of kill speed, given the HUGELY increased xp and gold yield, but how much slower should we be reasonably expecting?
    Crits seem essential for speed now. (Well, more than they already were.)

I also imagine that the Luckbinder relic will become more desirable.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Daeir said:
    I mean obviously bashing is meant to be slower than before in terms of kill speed, given the HUGELY increased xp and gold yield, but how much slower should we be reasonably expecting?
    It's a double XP weekend.
    meh

• RuthRuth Singapore
    * The invasion will have continual waves of creatures - they're quite difficult, and will probably require more than one adventurer to defeat.

* Each killing blow you land will grant you some esteem with the defending forces, led by Captain Maelstrom. You can use this esteem to claim rewards from him later in the event! 

I hope that I won't get unlucky enough to not get the killing blows if I hunt with a partner :S

• I like it. As long as the xp and gold scale with the health of the denizens, it shouldn't be a big difference in reward/time, and the new abilities add some depth to it. If you want to grind, you can grind away, and if you want to actively fight denizens you now have the option, with the more thought-intensive style of bashing being slightly quicker/more rewarding.

Also, I can freeze things and give aeon, which is fairly badass

• So much win! I love it! Bring on the GUI with the ability bars with the cool down timers WoW style.
  • Daeir said:
    It should be exactly proportional for someone using battlerage efficiently. That's should as in our intention. We know it'll need tweaking.
  • Really liking it so far, though it may just be the gold-generation to credit-market ratio right now that's making me happy. Have you also thought about bumping up the price of in-game gold sinks to help deal with the gold overflow? Seems like a lot of things (e.g. Tarot cards, vials) just basically got a lot cheaper.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I kinda feel like runewardens got ripped off a bit. Most other classes seem to have multiple self-reliant damaging abilities, where we have one... And one maybe if it's in aeon (which we can't do ourselves).
  • Most classes can't give the afflictions needed to boost their own attacks (so far I haven't seen any other than monk), it seems like it's mostly intended as a group bonus. And I'm counting 3 damaging battlerages for runewardens.