Battlerage

Comments

• On the other hand, it could be a huge buff if you increase the rewards proportionally with the health increase, because it would be like adding several times as many denizens to turn in. Ulangi would go from ~20k gold per hour to ~60k per hour if the health and gold were both tripled, because you're mostly limited by denizen availability rather than killing speed.
  • edited May 2015
    Yeah, I considered that as well. You'd be basically be quadrupling how much available quest gold there is.

Also, did gathering changes for like buffalo/sharks and stuff get considered?

(stubbornly refusing to read the thread while continuing to bring up already mentioned points)

• Not explicitly mentioned by admin that I've seen, but already pointed out in this thread.
  • BUG/IDEA > Complaints. 

Be useful. 
  • Please post Jester battlerage.
  • Any chance we could get druid and occultist posted aswell please?
  • With a level 3 blackjack that would be so fun.
  • I blame @Sarapis for me having a doughnut for breakfast. This is too fun to waste time with all that silly cooking and eating business.
  • edited May 2015
    Every economy has inflation problem...but I kinda like it!
  • Daeir said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    I mean obviously bashing is meant to be slower than before in terms of kill speed, given the HUGELY increased xp and gold yield, but how much slower should we be reasonably expecting?
    It should be exactly proportional for someone using battlerage efficiently. That's should as in our intention. We know it'll need tweaking.
    Doesn't seem like that's the case, but given the base xp increase which seems to be a thing and the increased gold drops to compensate, looks like the way it is now is pretty good, if I'm honest. I've automated battlerage to about the best that I feel I can do with my current gear, and the speed is definitely a fair bit slower, but faster overall on net xp gained because of those base changes.

Definitely not supposed to be increasing the amount of xp you get per hour, or, especially, the gold you get per hour (particularly given that I've been trying to introduce more gold sinks, not the other way around). We'll be continuing to adjust!

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Will adjustments also be made to shared exp in groups or is that going to be reviewed and adjusted at a later point?

• So bashing in Sylvan seems about the same just using stone vine and deluge. These changes are fun! Increase BR duration, though; It fades too quickly.
  •  +4460|100 +3850|100 +99 +100 rat>>>> 0 0-0 0 0-0 
    You slice into an old rat with an elegant, etched longsword.
    You brutally smash your shield into an old rat.
    [Rage]: +4.6. Total: 4
     +4460|100 +3850|100 +99 +100 rat>>>> 0 0-0 0 0-0 
    A young rat noses its way cautiously out of the shadows.
    You must regain balance first.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 2.369s
    You brutally smash your shield into an old rat.
    [Rage]: +5.2. Total: 9
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 2.46s
    You have slain an old rat, retrieving the corpse.
    You brutally smash your shield into a young rat.
    [Rage]: +4.9. Total: 14

Newbies may have difficult ratting now, especially if the rats are more likely/have more time to run before they can finish.

• Skye said:
    Will adjustments also be made to shared exp in groups or is that going to be reviewed and adjusted at a later point?
    That's a separate issue but something we're going to look at. Ideally, from my perspective, group bashing shouldn't really be better or worse for the individuals involved than basing alone, just more fun if you like doing it with friends. The exceptions there are big 'boss' type mobs of course, where groups are basically required.
  • The changes we'll be looking at first, btw, other than whether xp and gold payouts are substantially different from before, is mob shielding and how long rage sticks around. We don't want rage sticking around a long time, but a small increase won't hurt. 
  • edited May 2015
    I think 5 more seconds on rage would be fine. The current timer is like...Okay, I killed this denizen. The next one is 5 rooms away. Must run as fast as possible. Oops, I left my bashing partner before they got balance. Gotta go back *beckon beckon beckon* They follow, go to next denizen room, switch targets to new denizen, YOUR RAGE HAS FADED.

It's a little -too- intense. Basically if you ain't immediately running to the next room and attacking something, it's faded.

The shielding is really annoying atm too, yes. Can take a lot of rounds to kill something that's shielding. 

It's also really, really really hard to bash some things I used to be able to bash solo. Who the fuck wants to bash UW scorpions now? It was already hell in the past when you get 5 in your room and they take forever to kill, now they take a -super- long time to kill while afflicting you. Also, anything that you couldn't actually -tank- before, is pretty hard to bash now. 2 unsidhe is fine for me, for example. No change, because I sip for 2 unsidhe. 3 unsidhe isn't even worth my effort because it's gonna take me fucking forever to wittle down one of those unsidhe while hit/running. LHG probably not worth the effort anymore either, since it's a very fast paced place with extreme danger, and most of it isn't tankable, but it used to not take much to kill most of the dangerous stuff. Now it all lives forever and is super dangerous too.

Then you've got places like Tir Murran that are barely worth doing now. The only reason I ever went there in the past was the turn-in quest. That quest obviously isn't worth it anymore.

• I'd suggest having the rage loss timer based on attack speed (or having it start on balance recovery from the rage-generating attack instead of on the attack itself).

If you kill a denizen with a 1s balance attack, you have 11s to find something else to hit, but if you kill something with a 4s eq attack you only have 8s to find a new target. If you finish the room with stormhammer, half the rage decay timer is spent waiting for eq.

Unless the classes with slow attacks already have something else to compensate for it, like stronger battlerage abilities or something.
  • Major bug is that sylvans can't cast weather weaving deluge at all right now.
  • Sena said:
    I'd suggest having the rage loss timer based on attack speed (or having it start on balance recovery from the rage-generating attack instead of on the attack itself).

If you kill a denizen with a 1s balance attack, you have 11s to find something else to hit, but if you kill something with a 4s eq attack you only have 8s to find a new target. If you finish the room with stormhammer, half the rage decay timer is spent waiting for eq.

Unless the classes with slow attacks already have something else to compensate for it, like stronger battlerage abilities or something.

I doubt this is the case with stronger rage abilities for classes with slower attacks. I mean each knight class is pretty much 3 classes with 2 handed being the slowest.  They share the same rage as their other counterparts.

However with that said I have noticed that as a 2handed knight I am actually killing the same denizens faster then before thanks to battle rage. Not much faster but noticeable enough.  I doubt this is intended so posting here..

I pray they let it stay that way though. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited May 2015
    #CantataOP

EDIT: But not rly, so don't nerf my baby
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Makaela It's possible that at least some of the Battlerage abilities for Knights are based on weapon stats, so two-handed would be doing more damage per hit but on a longer balance time. Might be something worth testing.
  • @Sarapis / @Tecton

In the sake of synergy with bloodsworn and since Paladin doesn't give any afflictions could we change what Priest gives to work with Paladins Punishment?
  • edited May 2015
    @Antonius
    well the two infernal abilities I use do not use my weapon. 

Ravage is necromantic tentacle DoT
    Spike is spikes growing on my Armour and me bullrushing them

I have yet to try and use Hellstrike.. it looks like they need to be feared or something from what I saw in the ab file.

Our other ability is a shield which I freaking love.

If they use weapon stats neat.. I just do not see why they would.

edit: Maybe just infernal 2handed as I never looked at what the other knight classes get.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    @sarapis let's go back to the first gold drops of last night Death Knights were dropping 2.5k I was in heaven. I will say though, I like it. Ya, it takes forever solo but there is more gold in the market. Like, before this everything was always bashed out and if you solo'd trash you couldn't make much. Now you can actually find gold.
  • So I just got my first battlerage ability as I hit level 6 and.... I can't use it. I was all excited!

http://pastebin.com/7yPztq7S

As you can see it requires a Golem and us little novices don't get Golems until we get our third class skill.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Is it just me, or is battlerage to 2h balance a bit off? I feel like I'm losing rage before I can even think of moving to the next mob with my balance and I have a Lvl1 Artie bastard.
  • I was gonna rant about how kinda lame this whole overly complicated crap is, but I'd rather listen to the radio or something and hunt.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Nyghura said:
    So I just got my first battlerage ability as I hit level 6 and.... I can't use it. I was all excited!

http://pastebin.com/7yPztq7S

As you can see it requires a Golem and us little novices don't get Golems until we get our third class skill.
    @Mortori any chance the first magi ability can be swapped with another - to avoid this?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."