Battlerage

Discuss it here!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    This is so much cooler than I expected it to be.

Shaman abilities: http://pastebin.com/vebhaw9J
  • This seems lovely, though I need to find a way to track it.

• @Siduri You can stick it in your prompt with R or *R (for custom prompts).
  • Sarapis said:
    @Siduri You can stick it in your prompt with R or *R (for custom prompts).
    Do we get gmcp? Pweetty pweese?

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Can anyone list the dragon skills? I'm heading out and won't be able to log in, but so curious!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• so tomorrow is the release of the battlerage increasing artifact right?
  • Katzchen said:
    Can anyone list the dragon skills? I'm heading out and won't be able to log in, but so curious!
    http://pastebin.com/nq84MHPg

All in there.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Wait, do I get a Battlerager Most Wild? I WANT A THIBBLEDORF PWENT
  • edited May 2015
  • Antidas said:
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke. If it is, I like it.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Can someone posts the abilities for Runewardens? For no reason whatsoever, of course?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Whereas before I could kill a stack of npcs by just DPS-racing them, the drawn-out fight means I have to hit-and-run areas I used to be able to handle. These changes definitely made bashing harder than it used to be, as well as slower.
  • edited May 2015
    Alchemist battlerage abilities:  http://pastebin.com/dqJgMdQx
  • EldEld
    edited May 2015
    This looks pretty great from a quick glance. A couple quick thoughts:
    Leapstrike (Battlerage)                       Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            LEAPSTRIKE <syntax>
    Works on/against:  Denizens
    Cooldown:          16.00 seconds
    Resource:          14 rage
    Details:
    Fire a blast of Shin energy at the ground below you, using it to propel you high in the air. On your 
    way down, strike your target with one knee, focusing all of your weight and downward energy in one 
    devastating blow.
    Do I need to get a nice short skirt when I eventually log in? Because apparently I'm Chun Li now.

Are the cooldowns specific to the ability, or is it that long before you can use any battlerage ability again? I'm assuming the latter. If so, the cooldowns seem pretty long, but maybe that's intentional. Might also depend on just how much the denizen hp pools have increased.

Speaking of which, it seems like increasing the denizen health pools is likely to disproportionately affect lower-level characters, due to the critical hit rate. Basically, high-level crits are often major overkill, so it seems likely that the benefit from reduction in "wasted" damage against a higher health target will outweigh any slowing down of hunting for sufficiently high crit rates. 

Also, anyone have numbers for how fast rage accumulates and dissipates?
  • RaemRaem Los Angeles
    Sylvan: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f61de852

Hafta agree that hunting seems too slow (but I haven't really hunted with it much yet).
  • Everyone else Mythical in battlerage too?

• Lhachman said:
    Alchemist battlerage abilities:  http://pastebin.com/dqJgMdQx
    You got magnesium from synthesis, rather than from battlerage.

• Eld said:

Are the cooldowns specific to the ability, or is it that long before you can use any battlerage ability again? I'm assuming the latter. 

@Eld Specific to the ability.
  • Gold drops are nice.
    Longer fights are meh.
    Abilities are cool.

Encouraging group bashing is great, but it's not going to happen if it is still horribly inefficient exp wise. "Yay, group bashing! Woo! Now go away because I actually want to level."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand what dragonchill does.

Also, some gold drop areas are pretty nice... but this sloooooow grinding is painful.

I can't even imagine how insane the honors denizens will be now. Do these skills work on them?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Sarapis said:
    @Vakvyr We will be continuing to adjust.
    Neat. I'm excited.
  • Kayeil said:
    I don't understand what dragonchill does.

Also, some gold drop areas are pretty nice... but this sloooooow grinding is painful.

I can't even imagine how insane the honors denizens will be now. Do these skills work on them?
    @Kayeil The goal is for someone using battlerage efficiently while bashing alone to be getting about the same gold and xp per hour as before. We have a bunch of quests to adjust now that it's live, but otherwise, that's the goal.

The longer fights are necessary to make the conditional and affliction attacks useful. Otherwise, if you just one-shot or 2 or 3 shot everything you fight, what's the point? That'll still be the case when someone's killing things much below their level of course, but this helps alleviate it.

This also effectively increases the density and availability of both gold and xp in the sense that areas take longer to get bashed out, and reward people more for bashing them out than previously. We'll see how it plays out in practice.

And yes, those skills will mostly work against honors denizens. Mostly.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Cant Decide if pumped or heartbroken.  Paladin abilities look sick
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"