Battlerage

Comments

• Zuko said:
    You do not have enough rage to perform that ability.

Would be nice if this was

You do not have the necessary rage to perform that ability. This ability requires 24, and you have 22. 

Or something similar
    Do your own math!

• Katzchen said:
    Soooo, do denizens butcher for more reagents and such now?
    no

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Hope that's an oversight!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• It's not like they grew any bigger, spawned more horns, grew fluffier, etc, anyway.

Kidding. Not a butcher myself but would appreciate it if that happened.

• Can we PLEASE do something about these endless shields. Maybe lower the health a mob shields at? For a BM this is frustrating as can be
  • On another note:

Anyone figure out how this works?
    Leechroot (Battlerage)                        Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            LEECHROOT <target>
    Extra Information: Uses denizen afflictions: Inhibit or Weakness

Works on/against:  Denizens
    Cooldown:          23.00 seconds
    Resource:          25 rage
    Details:
    Fire a deadly thorn into your victim which will leech your victim's vitality and do damage. Should your victim be unable
    to heal properly or suffer from a weakened body, the root will do increased damage.

A deadly root flies from your hand and burrows into Steropes, the cyclops smith's flesh, but is unable to find sufficient sustenance.
    -Always end up getting a line like this, regardless of the mob type I use it on... Or does it need the inhibit/weakness afflictions for it to 'find sustenance' ? The way it's worded says it only needs those to do bonus damage... :(

• Dropping shield trigger on denizens to 10% or so would definitely help. Maybe 12%.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Cynlael said:
    -Always end up getting a line like this, regardless of the mob type I use it on... Or does it need the inhibit/weakness afflictions for it to 'find sustenance' ? The way it's worded says it only needs those to do bonus damage... :(
    It should still be doing damage even if it shows the "unable to find sufficient sustenance" message.
  • I know this seems like a small issue, but can we get the skillname/rage flavoured for their classes? 

Why do I have to be raging all the time? I like being calculating/decisive. Not infuriated rage monster.

• Sena said:
    Cynlael said:
    It should still be doing damage even if it shows the "unable to find sufficient sustenance" message.
    It is doing damage, yes. I'm wondering WHY it's saying that particular phrase, though. 'Draining vitality' implies it does something besides just damaging them (like healing you, generally)

• going a little fangirl... but this is a really great change. Beautiful way to incorporate player skills into bashing.

Critical hit pendant never felt like a better investment. Or SoA.

(inb4 battlerage rites cost devotion and I can zzz)

Instead of 12 seconds it's gone, maybe 15 second decay

Also, it seems like the paladin healing ability would be better suited to a priest
  • I take it to mean that it won't find the sustenance without the pre-requisite affliction being present already. So you need a partner that can do the weakness/inhibit so you can test the differences.

I know the BM stun thing helps Apostate do extra damage, and it was a pretty significant difference.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Cynlael said:
    Sena said:
    Cynlael said:
    It is doing damage, yes. I'm wondering WHY it's saying that particular phrase, though. 'Draining vitality' implies it does something besides just damaging them (like healing you, generally)
    It might just be a misleading wording, or it might be that you only get the healing or whatever when they have inhibit/weakness and otherwise it just does a little damage.
  • edited May 2015
    Cynlael said:
    Sena said:
    Cynlael said:
    Draining vitality doesn't mean it's giving it to YOU- it could be used to invigorate itself and grow bigger... thereby doing more damage like it says.

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Just curious. Was going through my rage things for the messages, got to deathlink, linked to Lukan, and got about 2,000 of this line,

"You feel a sudden surge of pain as the ethereal thread connecting you to Lukan flares brightly." 

followed by about 13 seconds of stand still lag on my end. He said he had the exact same thing.

• What afflictions does silver dragon need for bonus damage, now that the AB files are fixed?

Also, for some idea of alchemist damage, against a denizen that takes ~5.5% from iron:
    Miasma (plain damage attack) and pathogen (boostable attack without the right afflictions) both do ~3.5%.
    Magnesium (DoT) does ~2% initially, and then hits 8 more times (1 second between hits) dealing ~1.6% each time, total damage of ~15% over 7-8 seconds. The DoT ticks can crit.
    The affliction attacks don't deal damage.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Sena

silver dragon

Sizzle (Battlerage)                           Known: Yes
    Syntax:            SIZZLE <target>
    Extra Information: Gives denizen affliction: Sensitivity

Stormflare (Battlerage)                       Known: Yes
    Syntax:            STORMFLARE <target>
    Extra Information: Uses denizen afflictions: Amnesia or Fear

Galvanize (Battlerage)                        Known: Yes
    Syntax:            GALVANIZE <target>
    Extra Information: Gives denizen affliction: Recklessness
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Are all attacks supposed to generate rage? I'm not gaining any for razeslash, wondering if that's intentional.
  • Just thought of a potentially huge problem:

Questing gold. Now the denizens take forever to kill, but give the same amount of gold for quests?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    They also drop more gold though. The questing gold comes as a bonus? 

• Santar said:
    Just thought of a potentially huge problem:

Questing gold. Now the denizens take forever to kill, but give the same amount of gold for quests?
    Already mentioned as something that they'll get to later.
  • Santar said:
    Just thought of a potentially huge problem:

If you read back to page one...
    Sarapis said:
    @Kayeil The goal is for someone using battlerage efficiently while bashing alone to be getting about the same gold and xp per hour as before. We have a bunch of quests to adjust now that it's live, but otherwise, that's the goal.
    while I could always be wrong, but I assume he means adjusting quests to give more gold/xp for the area.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Not gonna lie, when I saw '85' new posts, I just skipped to the last page and posted my complaint.

• Less boring denizen fights with more experience and gold? This is great.
  • edited May 2015
    I'm not really sure I understand why questing would need to be adjusted.

If you're supposed to be getting the same gold/xp per hour bashing as before, why would the quests rewards need to be changed? If they were balanced before, they should be balanced now.
  • @Tael: I assume it will only be the quests that require handing in corpses; taking longer to kill each denizen means you can hand fewer in per unit of time.
  • If a pixie sells for 50 gold pre change, and takes 1 hit to klil. And post change it takes 5 hits to kill, and still sells for 50 gold. That's a pretty clear nerf to bashing pixies.

• Antonius said:
    @Tael: I assume it will only be the quests that require handing in corpses; taking longer to kill each denizen means you can hand fewer in per unit of time.
    Ah - that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about corpse-turn-in quests.