Mhaldor vs Targossas

Comments

• Atalkez said:
    I haven’t noticed a refusal to accept consequences in game myself yet, and that was never my point in my posts. You’re right, I can’t expect anyone to lose the way that I think they should or that I would. I just find the whole gag thing to be bad form. It’s fine if people disagree with me.
    I honestly think they should be in both cities, mostly so you guys can see them and feel a sense of victory. I don't think OOC I've said once that you guys haven't won, or beaten us, or tanked some rooms. Targossas and Mhaldor both had good enough armies where total domination was pretty impossible unless you caught an off hours raid, because of the talent on both sides. 

The point is, I want to talk about mechanics that would reward both cities. I'm not saying you don't think we should be rewarded for 30 RL days of fighting, because you've never conveyed that message. Obviously the form of IC reward isn't going to be a pat on the head, or something like that, which is why I brought up war points.

War points has the potential to incentivize war. No one is going to want to do this if it just sucks if you lose, and if you win you just get banners in the other city and a TF. I could see us going to war after Targossas trains a little, again, after some mechanics are altered and it's less of a grind and more of a game, however, it'd be cool if this system was something that players wanted to do

Stheno said:
    I'm pretty sure Atalkez doesn't want to tear down Targossas or its players, as someone who played there for a long time and was one of its biggest proponents. I can't speak for him, but I'm gonna anyway. When your Minister of War can't handle anything war-related that isn't a direct win, and some of your representatives (like one or two Lumarchs) are more interested in undermining any story thrown their way than seeing the Good(!) in adversity, it doesn't make a strong case for your faction. That OOC behaviour becomes more relevant when it's trying to influence mechanics, like Daeir whining that he shouldn't be hit shortly before throwing all his toys out of the pram.

Like the transparent attempts to save face, there's quite a bit of bait-and-switch going on here. Someone like Astarod will crow about something stupid, get called out for it, and then say that he never had any skin in the game anyway (because he lost). Worse, the intent seems to be signalling to Aurora that you don't want to play with any consequences.

"You just want S&M with Sothantos!" is not a compelling response. I'm still out here trying, in the hopes that someone like @Issam or another paragon of Good will respond.

Most of your regular players have quietly dissociated themselves, and I understand their frustration at being painted with the same brush.
    @Aurora can tell you that I quite literally kneeled in front of Her and begged for forgiveness for failure. I wasn't going to share that, but you seem hell bent on mudsligning, and imo unfairly so. I'll be honest, I was trolling a bit with the gag script. I didn't know it was seen as a huge breach of misconduct, or that I should be ashamed with gagging a line for lols. 

There is a lot of RP centered around Growth because well, we're the city of Growth. 

I could throw in more OOC quips, but just lay off. I'm sorry if the S&M shit bothers you, I did not start that. You could complain that I make dumb shouts ( that I will admit are dumb ), but every faction has a guy who shouts occasionally, and to say your team has never shouted something dumb, or crowed at the expense of someone else's satisfaction is rather bullshit. 

My goal is to try to give some honest feedback, and improve the system. No one has said you lost the war. I can say you never breached the tank room, or conquered the bridge, because you didn't. You shouldn't get so angry about that, because you won, I don't see how that statement bothers you so much. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    im still gagging that shit
  • Archaeon said:
    im still gagging that shit
    Me too. i'm too lazy to untoggle. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • lol yall really gagging the banner line lmao

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Archaeon said:
    Here is a new war system I am proposing.  I think it will be a huge hit, because people keep on saying 'This is war, it's supposed to suck'. Thus, I think we should make it as realistic as possible.

1. War must be authorized by your current council.  If they veto the declaration, that's fine.  Call it a 'police action'.

2. You must adhere to LOAC at all times.  This includes a variety of rules outlined as such
    • You must not cause undue suffering.  This includes damaging limbs, sensitivity, darkshade, or other afflictions that could really hurt.  Also, insta-kills like incinerate, bite, vivisect, and damnation are outlawed.
    • If you incapacitate someone (locked, unconscious, etc.), you must then triage them and take them to your medical tent for treatment.  After which, you can either release them or waterboard them for information.
    • You must attack with a force proportionate to them, and expose the minimum amount of people to danger.  Minimize collateral damage. Tanks can be used in military structures or areas, but other areas are totally illegal.
    • After an engagement, you must fill out an after-action report, in a memorandum for record format, and submit it to your Minister of War.  They will review the report and determine if you are, or are not, in violation of the Law of Armed Combat.  If you are, or you violate any of the other rules, you...
    • will be courts marshaled.  This process will include any AR-5 member of the army to sit on a panel and determine if you are going to stay in the army or not.  
    3. You must spend at least 60% of the war waiting in the barracks. Another 30% will be spent either RP sweeping or filing paperwork.  the last 10% will involve combat, but only 2% of that will be real combat.  The other 8% will be practicing the same single attack, over and over.

4.  The objectives will be in the city of the enemy, and you will have to take them.  You will then abandon them a day later, allowing the enemy to return as you claim victory.

5. The winners will march home and get ignored.  Their mental problems from seeing their friends die or maimed will be suppressed by the city-run medical facilities.

Congrats, you've now had a real war. 

After the war, the United Cities Council will discuss war crimes. Anyone who has failed to follow The Delos Conventions in wartime will be publicly hung and shamed by Geneva, God of Combat Balance. 

• This thread is dumb. I'm going to gag the banners when I get home solely because of the crying.

• edited July 2020
    Archaeon said:
    no actually i changed it 

Legendary. Post the script in TTG so our novices can all apply it. 

• edited July 2020
    Astarod said:
    @Aurora can tell you that I quite literally kneeled in front of Her and begged for forgiveness for failure. I wasn't going to share that, but you seem hell bent on mudsligning, and imo unfairly so. I'll be honest, I was trolling a bit with the gag script. I didn't know it was seen as a huge breach of misconduct, or that I should be ashamed with gagging a line for lols. 

There is a lot of RP centered around Growth because well, we're the city of Growth. 

I could throw in more OOC quips, but just lay off. I'm sorry if the S&M shit bothers you, I did not start that. You could complain that I make dumb shouts ( that I will admit are dumb ), but every faction has a guy who shouts occasionally, and to say your team has never shouted something dumb, or crowed at the expense of someone else's satisfaction is rather bullshit.

You don't have to share this IC information with me or anyone else. It should absolutely come out in game, if at all. People are just responding to what you put out there, IC and OOC. They can't respond to what they can't know. You seem surprised and wounded by that, but your actions are provoking the reactions that you dislike. There is generally less sympathy for the provocateur, because they provoke.

Shouts are usually good! I don't like reducing women to their sexuality, but that's par for the course in Achaea.

Lyndee said:
    They won't get over this debt to Creation anytime soon. You can be a part of that, or not, and it'll happen with or without you.

The first one! We're just asking to be thrown a bone with the collaborative story, rather than a wall of silence and refusal. "No, but" is good too. If that's ultimately what Targossas goes with, more power to you, and hopefully it entwines what could be parallel and contrasting stories. If you don't want to engage anymore, that's fine; the assumption is that the declaring side will. That's where the disconnect appears to be, but I'm glad there was fun on both sides. I hope the finale is far from over, anyway.

Archaeon said:
    Here is a new war system I am proposing.

This sounds terrible. Why would anyone go to war? :(

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    yes that is RL war. it is not fun.
  • Gaslighting, seriously? What a tasteless comparison.

The PR posting is absolutely out of control here. There's a lot of dumb stuff being posted on both sides, but the onus is on Mhaldor, I think, to be graceful winners, especially if you're trying to convince people in the future that putting themselves in a situation of potential disadvantage to you, mechanical or otherwise, would be fun or rewarding for them.

Which means, yes, you're going to get stupid posts from Astarod or whoever, and you're just going to have to let them go. Take the classy high road.

Also, in re: @Dunn, if you're sapiencing someone, don't you kind of get what you get? It'd be like if I barged into your house and started criticizing you for not being hospitable enough to me.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • "Gaslighting" and "manufactured consent" have been terms in media discourse for a while now, Mr. Voice of Reason. I expect better research from your interns.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• edited July 2020
    Listen, I haven't had to read Chomsky since college, okay? 

Although I do recall, sometime around Christmas, watching an old video of him arguing with William F. Buckley. That was sublime.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited July 2020
    Being called out for childish humor made me look at that trigger. I've been wondering since I got Naram why amnesia always seems to magically go away, but I quickly forget to check each time...

Yeah I didn't have a pause check on that one. I will now no longer touch my penis if my curing is paused. Thought you should know. Thanks, Targossas.

• Heh, forget to check about curing amnesia. See what he did there? Heheh.

i'm a rebel

• Well then thanks @Aurora. 100% worth risking guard swarm to sneak in and take a peek.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Oh well. 

You gingerly affix the mushroom sigil to an imposing monument to Malevolence, and upon contact, both are destroyed in a magical explosion that damages you significantly.

• Damn didn’t expect this much QQ, well worth the catch up.
  • @Aurora that is so fucking badass. You're a twisted, demented volunteer, and it's amazing! Mwahaha
  • Did Mhaldor get a monument too?

If not, it would be kinda neat for them to, like the one Targossas has celebrating one of the wars. Maybe when this thing gets moved (since I doubt we'd just leave it in Silverbright forever) it can be placed somewhere permanently in Mhaldor.
  • edited July 2020
    Niraaeth said:

My only unpleasant experiences have been with @Dunn. Your humiliating comments (aware I would automatically relay them on the party channel) were completely unnecessary. Also, touching yourself because you knew a female was mind sapiencing you, is just gross and childish. Maybe I am overly sensitive, but it got me worried what you’re going to do next time.

You thought you had it bad? Try being in the room with the guy. Every single engagement, dude just going to town.
  • Kaios said:
    Aegoth said:
    36 kills for me today! 

Total war kills: 437

I'm not displeased!

I'm honestly curious to know what the average level for your kills are or for someone like Proficy for example, at just over 200 mine is an average level of 105 because I have always fought players well above my level since those are generally the only ones that participate in combat most of the time.
    Right, missed this. Here you go!

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/brgd0htz
  • Astarod said:
    Oh well. 

You gingerly affix the mushroom sigil to an imposing monument to Malevolence, and upon contact, both are destroyed in a magical explosion that damages you significantly.
    Didn't you learn your lesson on not defiling Evil stuff. :(
  • edited July 2020
    ... I just really have one question.
    The puncture wounds of an imposing monument to Malevolence's four figures weep anew, the mineral alight with the blaze of an indigo inferno.

Why is this room emote red???

• IT HAS EMOTES??? I WANT ONE

Jumpy said: