Mhaldor vs Targossas

Comments

• edited July 2020
    not sure if city accolades have gone in, but because this was the first legit system war in forever, would it be possible for both cities to get one? Mhaldor for winning and one for Targossas' unwavering in the face of great odds or something? Doesn't have to put in a big "THEY LOST LOL" just something if people read who weren't there/came back after can spark up as conversation IC or what not.

Unwavering in the face of the armies of Baelgrim, Targossas threw down the gauntlet of war to Mhaldor in the year 8XXAF.

• @Kaios Usually I am a champion of 'show restraint so everyone can have fun' but it is a war. Let the PvPers live out their murderhobo fantasies.
  • The wording on this log note is... interesting:

Cheers and prayers to the Pantheon sound forth with one voice from the City of Mhaldor, the relentless pressure finally shattering the military might of the City of Targossas and forcing them into the shadows of defeat.

Why would Mhaldor be praying to the entire Pantheon? What is this message even supposed to be saying? It sounds like Mhaldor prayed really hard and the Gods decided the war was over.
  • I was confused by it too, after reading it I thought it'd be affixed to the divine of the city, so something like:

The turbulent screeching of thousands of daemons erupt from the Pantheon, as the military might of Mhaldor conquers the City of Targossas, forcing them into the hellfire of defeat.

While something for Targ would be:

The twin rivulets of pure light and vibrant flames swirl in incandescence above the Pantheon, as the military might of Targosses forces the city of Mhaldor before the purity of Light and Fire.

• edited July 2020
    Antonius said:
    The wording on this log note is... interesting:

Cheers and prayers to the Pantheon sound forth with one voice from the City of Mhaldor, the relentless pressure finally shattering the military might of the City of Targossas and forcing them into the shadows of defeat.

Why would Mhaldor be praying to the entire Pantheon? What is this message even supposed to be saying? It sounds like Mhaldor prayed really hard and the Gods decided the war was over.

Is it really shattering either? They killed themselves for 2-3 hours on the champion's bridge. I enjoyed that, and I'm really happy they got ordered to do that, because it gave us a fun defense, but I don't think we were 'shattered'. 

also, @Archaeon, I already made my nexus variant yesterday:

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Damn I fail small things for Sartan and I'm shattered IC, I don't see how you'd lose a war you declared and not feel a level of spiritual undoing. 
  • Minifie said:
    Damn I fail small things for Sartan and I'm shattered IC, I don't see how you'd lose a war you declared and not feel a level of spiritual undoing. 

College has already given me the maximum amount of spiritual undoing.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • So back on track with recommendations...

This whole "city morale" thing. What goes into it?
    I still feel like this could be the Avenue for the non-comms to be more active, or the city as a whole for those times constant skirmishes and raids are not going on.
  • Pretty sure they've already said they're not going to give out details on what affects City Morale because people will just game the shit out of that, too. Like they do literally everything else exact details are given for.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I mean, us 'killing ourselves' yielded the only L2 in the whole thing, so I'd say that's a pretty conclusive win. 

@Kaios: Power creep is a serious problem that's hard to solve, and defences revolving around guards are tough to manage for people who aren't artied up to a significant degree both for survivability and for escape. We tried really hard to give our characters who aren't that artied up and/or combat-inclined some objectives and avenues that helped, without being one of the guard bashers (bombing and sweeping for tanks and scouting around and stuff), but even so, a lot of taking care of your team boils down to coming up with ways to make their contributions feel interesting and useful. In that respect, Mhaldor was really awesome, with both Houses pitching in with events, religious stuff, favours and prizes, and just in general a really great atmosphere of support for everyone, even on days when it was frustrating or grating. Truth is, fun will never be hardcoded into Achaea, and neither will 'fairness,' so my advice is to do your best to support people who are feeling frustrated, and try and think of ways that they can have fun.
  • Those banners are wicked cool.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• edited July 2020
    Atalkez said:
    Astarod said:
    Antonius said:
    The wording on this log note is... interesting:

Is it really shattering either? They killed themselves for 2-3 hours on the champion's bridge. I enjoyed that, and I'm really happy they got ordered to do that, because it gave us a fun defense, but I don't think we were 'shattered'. 

also, @Archaeon, I already made my nexus variant yesterday:

Man, it's pretty clear from your posts and this ridiculous gag that you were never interested in the storyline of actually losing. You should be shattered. Your 'final stand' was 7 hours of losing every single fight except one outside of the city, losing 7 rooms once we started fighting in the city. The only reason we "didn't get past the gate" as you were shouting about last night is because of how stupid guard hiring mechanics are and nothing else. You know it, and I know it.

Take the loss and run with it, quit trying to act like it didn't happen. I hope they change the in room line on these banners every single day just to thwart this bullshit.

Blame it on the mechanics, sure. Also, why does my gag bother you? My playing experience does not concern you, ty ty. 

Mizik said:
    Agree with @Kaios, fk @Aegoth. Holo Miasma SMASHED my frail Arash body. I'm out here bravely swinging my sword, they wiping rooms with mega spells and talismans. 

Least fav moment? @Niraaeth solo on clouds vs 10 of us. Holo Miasma kills everyone. 

Shout-out to @Solaine for the old embrace, reject, auto walk through enemies at the gates 3 times in a row. That guided strike spamming your grace will get you, man. Take it out of combat defs, put it in basic. 
    AoE dmg yesterday was legendary. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Tbh the colour of the banner is extremely annoying, thus the gag from my end. 
  • Atalkez said:
    You know it was, don't play coy. Hiring behind guards being bashed every 10s so they steadily stream in isn't some amazing strategy my guy.

It doesn't bother me. You can do whatever you want. I just think it's bullshit. 50+ people have sunk an entire month of their playtime into this war, for better or worse. The (so far) tangible thing to come from it - and you just gag it? That's ultimate "neener neener" stick your fingers in your ear type shit. That's my opinion. Play the character and show some awareness.
    Lol, stop whining over your victory. Your playtime doesn't concern me atm, and it's not like our guard hire time is different than yours. 

The Banners are kind of annoying. It's like graffiti colour. TBH, they should be in your city too (if they're not). Also, war points? Do they exist? How do we see what our war point balance is, and what we can spend them on?

• Someone disagreeing with you isn't whining, but nice to see you default to that every time you're in a corner.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Talk about sore losers.... you'd think we went to war with Eleusis lol
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Why do you think we got to use their tanks bitch
  • edited July 2020
    Archaeon said:
    Actually, we got to use them. Since we captured them and used them to tank you.

(Edit: I actually don't know if the tanks were specifically from the Eleusis transaction but it is funny still to think it)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited July 2020
    Atalkez said:
    Someone disagreeing with you isn't whining, but nice to see you default to that every time you're in a corner.

Why would I be in a corner? I got tested for COVID-19 today. I have real world stuff to attend to. Your decision and opinions on a text based game I play in my downtime don't matter to me. I think the war has been great, I think you guys did win. It's sad to see someone so in need of constant and consistent validation so utterly bent over a gag that took me 5 seconds to make. 

The point of this thread is to talk about mechanics, not argue what side did here and there. I don't think anyone is saying Targossas won at all, I'm just saying that you guys couldn't get past the first room in the city (which is a fact). 

I'm more interested in what we're considering PvE wise in the future, as well as other alterations to motivate us to war again, than for you to brag about your text based win. 

It'd be a shame if nobody ever warred again. 

Atalkez said:
    Archaeon said:
    Actually, we got to use them. Since we captured them and used them to tank you.
    Like this, you guys are constantly doing cringe potshots that no one cares about. Specifically, Atalkez, too. I think him and only 1-2 others have attempted derailing mechanical talk for self-validation. 

• Astarod said:
    Atalkez said:
    Someone disagreeing with you isn't whining, but nice to see you default to that every time you're in a corner.
    Your decision and opinions on a text based game I play in my downtime don't matter to me. I think the war has been great, I think you guys did win. It's sad to see someone so in need of constant and consistent validation so utterly bent over a gag that took me 5 seconds to make. 
    I already made my point on your lack of awareness, and you're only further validating it.

• Reading an Astarod post be like:

• Astarod said:

And yet here you are complaining about the consequences, and making gags to have them disappear from sight as if they never happened because you hate the thought of you losing. This is some puerile, hypocritical shit here
  • edited July 2020
    Aegoth said:
    Astarod said:

And yet here you are complaining about the consequences, and making gags to have them disappear from sight as if they never happened because you hate the thought of you losing. This is some puerile, hypocritical shit here
    Again, why do you care. 

The point of this thread is to suggest mechanical alterations so that players will enjoy war. We've talked at length on rewarding the victors for winning, rp consequences for the losers, and even rewarding the losers for war participation. 

The point is to enjoy playing the war, not forcing people to look at banners in their own city. I want to war again with mdor or another city, but if you guys act like this on forums about OOC stuff (because a gag is pretty OOC, the banner is still there, fyi), then you're just trying to push around players of characters instead of doing stuff IC. 

@Mizik had a good post, and so @Proficy had a good point on PvE, as well as @Crixos quite a few pages back. 

This thread is a place the admin said they were going to watch, we should use it constructively, if anything. 

• edited July 2020
    a·ware·ness
    /əˈwernəs/

noun
    1. knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.
      "Astarod has no awareness to the fact he seems like a huge tool"

• Atalkez said:
    a·ware·ness
    /əˈwernəs/

noun

"Seems like" would imply there's a chance he isn't.

• Atalkez said:
    a·ware·ness
    /əˈwernəs/

noun
    What even is your point? Why do you have to be such an ass? Do you have any thoughts on mechanics of the war system?